+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Owners Must Pay for OS Updates, May Not Get All Features

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Is everyone really crying over $10 a year? lol seems like it....
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Is everyone really crying over $10 a year? lol
    seems like it....
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    seems like it....
    It's not crying about $10, it's getting what we paid for. If they're going to release an operating system update, sure go ahead charge me 10, 20, 30 dollars even But give me everything that would be included if I were a new customer. Why should existing customers get the short-end of the stick? I think Apple needs to reconsider the way they approach this, because for me if they mentioned this BEFORE I had saved up for 4 months of working part-time while going to college full-time AND night classes - well I just might have bought a NetBook and saved myself the hassle of worrying when I'm gonna have to fork over another chunk of change only to get half of what I'm paying for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Who says it's only $10? That was the iPod upgrade to 3.0 but it might be $25 or $30 for the iPad like Snow Leopard. It could be 2 to 3 times a year you don't know at this point. All we know is they are going to charge for them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

This just stacks onto Apple being one of the most Greedy companies.

Banned
    Thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAA!!!!!

this is so funny!! after all these ppl ordering and OVERPAYING for this Ipad that is great because of what, now you over paying ppl will have to pay for updates and not sure if they will be full features for your over priced IPAD...

HAHAAAAAAA......haahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa..... iM CRYING OVER HERE!! This is too much..

I can see paying for updates on the ipod touch... the price for one was not $5-900... so thats understandable,.. but as I mentioned in all my previous post about apples greed, this just shows my point being made clear over and over again.

Boy this is the icing on the cake right here.... I wonder what other "hidden" charges are not posted for the Ipad....

"boy I loooooove being right"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Vathgol, I find your post ironic considering your signature...respect other members indeed. The macbook is 999, but you had to pay $29 to get to Snow Leopard. Work costs money..if you can't afford it, stay with the previous version until you can.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just don't get why people seemingly have no interest in a product spend more time whining about it than those "on the fence".

If you don't want one, don't see the need for one, for good god, just move on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You realize this is just to give them some room to explore it as an option.

Things like this are changed all the time. If there is an uproar about it we probably won't see a charge.

This gives them room to work with it and from a legal standpoint no one can complain if they decide to charge for 5.0 and later.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LMAO. This thing is a piece of junk anyways. The only reason people will buy it is to say that they have it, or just because it has the apple logo on it. They won't even use it after the first couple days cause they will see how uncomfortable it is to use and that a laptop does everything the iPad doesn't ... which is A LOT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I see failed written all over the iPad. People are going to get tired of this nickel-and-diming. I feel Snow Leopard should have been free because all it was is a service pack. And then you got the iPod that they are going to include bluetooth but you need to pay us $10 to turn it on. I'm starting to see a bad sign here and they wonder why people steal software.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to saunderse4 For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (03-30-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Vathgol, I find your post ironic considering your signature...respect other members indeed. The macbook is 999, but you had to pay $29 to get to Snow Leopard. Work costs money..if you can't afford it, stay with the previous version until you can.
    dude my sig has nothing to do with anything....cant help but spell out the facts..if you overpaid for this item without first counting the cost then apple hits you with paying for future updates then thats what you get....

And yes you're right.. Work costs money, but work doesnt mean you have to greedy as apple is.. so dont give me that spill on work costs money.. Apple has ALWAYS been over priced.... makes no sense on their mark up but yet ppl pay anyway...
    Yes you can get leopard for $29, but see thats where I come in.. that "upgrade" is also the full OS which I can do a number of things with.. and $29 why pay $29 when theres google......

Its not about cant afford it, its about not being silly and overpaying ... thats just called common sense....
    I can afford it... do I want to drop $900 on an UNDERRATED pc... NO.. not when I can get a netbook that can eat this ipad alive for $3-500 and can do everything...

That doesnt take away my comment bc its funny now ppl drop 45-900 and you would think updates would be free.....
    Well to make you feel better, my updates for my iphone are FREE...

hahahahahahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dunlapface View Post
    LMAO. This thing is a piece of junk anyways. The only reason people will buy it is to say that they have it, or just because it has the apple logo on it. They won't even use it after the first couple days cause they will see how uncomfortable it is to use and that a laptop does everything the iPad doesn't ... which is A LOT.
    Hey, thanks for commenting on a product you have no interest in. Apparently it is worth your time...

Or your time is worthless.

I can't tell?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunderse4 View Post
    I see failed written all over the iPad. People are going to get tired of this nickel-and-diming. I feel Snow Leopard should have been free because all it was is a service pack. And then you got the iPod that they are going to include bluetooth but you need to pay us $10 to turn it on. I'm starting to see a bad sign here and they wonder why people steal software.
    Thank you!!!! Thank YOU!!! When ppl stop trying to be a steve jobs fan, and see the big picture, they will soon understand...

We must train them.....Come away from the dark side

adp
    Thanks

This is a discussion forum. People have been commenting like this on ALL iPad threads. That's what causes discussions. Otherwise why don't you just ban everyone that disagrees. Call this ModMyFanboy and have everyone agree with each other. Even though I wouldn't purchase this thing if I was a millionare, I still want to comment about how screwed up it is that the owners paying for Apple's flaws. So stop wasting your time trying to ask why we comment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    ^as you've said repeatedly," it's just a big iPod touch"

so why are you so concerned about it?
    What makes you think I'm concerned? I'd be pissed if I'd bought it and found out about this after the pre-order fanboy rush
    Last edited by adp; 03-30-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

ya know. ive really lost the spice and flavor i felt for the iPAd in the past. not that i think its worse than i thought it was/is/or can be. its just this waiting/waiting/waiting/rumors/rumors/waiting process weve been put through. so i just couldnt wait any longer, went out on Sunday and bought me a 40" Samsung LCD. and guess what. it connects to the internet. i couldnt be any happier right now. i'll get the iPAd next year.=]
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

IMO this is good....now when a hack comes out there wont be 50 million people who "accidentaly" updated because their cat jumped on the keyboard while they were in the shower...and the cat was able to install the new OS on the ipad thus wreaking their jailbreak lol.....
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

thats just stupid, they are treating this think just like a giant ipod. how sad...

Thanks

not at all. but those updates better be worth my money.

anyone know off-hand what the return policy for these will be? 14 days?
    Last edited by adrian1480; 03-30-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

People have been calling it a big iPod touch. So, Apple just listened to the criticism and are treating it like an iPod touch.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    not at all. but those updates better be worth my money.

anyone know off-hand what the return policy for these will be? 14 days?
    The same terms are in the iPod terms and conditions. Check it out. It will be only major updates so 4.0 will be free. iPad users will have to buy 5.0 next July. They wont charge more than $10-$15. Hell SL was $29. It really is the same thing as iPod users have faced twice already.