+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Owners Must Pay for OS Updates, May Not Get All Features

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I don't mind paying as long as the updates are worth it. I don't want to pay for bug fixes that were there mistakes. Like something new that the ipad
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't mind paying as long as the updates are worth it. I don't want to pay for bug fixes that were there mistakes. Like something new that the ipad didn't have when i first bought it. Like iWorks or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lexquiles View Post
    or just wait for someone to get a copy crack it and provide it to the world for free!!! Don't remember paying for any OS since Win 98... Thank the Gods for Torrents
    u dirty lil pirate lol aaarrrrrrrgggg

or just wait for someone to get a copy crack it and provide it to the world for free!!! Don't remember paying for any OS since Win 98... Thank the Gods for Torrents
    u dirty lil pirate lol aaarrrrrrrgggg
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-30-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

if its just for wi-fi only users then yeah but not for 3g users it should be just like how its is now for iPod/iPhone
    Last edited by rickybobby; 03-30-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: error
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Thanks

Thank God for internet Piracy reporting...
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

Updates will be free for people who know where to look :P
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    that sucks...espically when the ipad is so pricy..you would think they would hook us up like the iphone....
    They wont hook us up, if you look at the ipad and compare it to the iphone, you will realize that they made alot of changes and the OS features are different.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Is everyone really crying over $10 a year? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG $10 update, what are we going to do!? The price of the update is nothing compared to the $1000 I'm already spending, plus the monthly 3G charge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FerrariCUBU For This Useful Post:

NozzyEz (03-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariCUBU View Post
    OMG $10 update, what are we going to do!? The price of the update is nothing compared to the $1000 I'm already spending, plus the monthly 3G charge.
    Well remember there are thieves here who pirate a .99 app

adp
    Thanks

That's not the point. The fact is that iPad owners will pay for Apple's bugs and lack of functionality that should have been there. I don't care if it's $10 or $1. Users shouldn't be put in that position in the first place.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

^as you've said repeatedly," it's just a big iPod touch"

so why are you so concerned about it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

please people think,this thing will be jailbreak by the time we have to update and 99% of us in here will jailbeak our device and will never have to pay not one cent to apple and steve and the boys at apple. so let's not get all work up about this, take a chill pill hahahahahaha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    why not? why should you get it for free? im mean it's a OS... You had to pay from panther to tiger to leopard and to snow leopard and no one complained.... It's just a OS for a phone and not a computer but other than that its the same thing
    Are you retarded? That makes no sense whatsoever. If you had Leopard OS X and wanted to update to Snow Leopard OS X you can buy the $29 installation update DVD and update your system and get all the new software AS WELL AS updates for the old software, and you'll have the exact same operating system running on your computer as you would if you bought the full installation disc for however much it is (Probably 100+) and reformatted. We shouldn't have to pay for the new software they release, that's ******** and it's just another money-making scheme by the infamous Apple Corporation and Steve Blow-Jobs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Typically OS updates are in the neighborhood of $9.99 and "major" updates only come out once a year. This is not too much to ask. If you don't want to pay.. then you have the option not to update so don't complain
    I think people have the right to complain especially if what they say is true. Pay for an update and not have all feature included...really? If i pay for a software update i will expect all features added. All of these ridiculous games of add this add that later it's so stupid. I'm only going to stick with iPhone OS and MacBook Pro and that's it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the iphone like every iphone owner we never pay for the os update, but if you get a major i mean a real update with really nice new features yeah why not pay so if we update from 3.x to 4.0 thas ok but not from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 that we be really stupid, anyway you would need to pay for a major once a year, so 10 buck once a year is not bad.
    Last edited by DarkDragonAn; 03-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All those freaking out about the "missing features" aspect of this, isn't that likely just to cover the possibility that future versions of the iPad will have hardware improvements (much like the iphone line saw (GPS, MMS, Video, whatever)) that would allow some software features the current editions simply won't be capable of? (like the much whined about, but unnecessary camera).

I highly doubt they'll be holding back the "ball-scratching" app just to be douchey.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 03-30-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    I highly doubt they'll be holding back the "ball-scratching" app just to be douchey.
    lawl

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    All those freaking out about the "missing features" aspect of this, isn't that likely just to cover the possibility that future versions of the iPad will have hardware improvements (much like the iphone line saw with MMS and video) that would allow some software features the current editions simply won't be capable of? (like to much whined about, but unnecessary camera).

I have an iPhone 3G. There's video recorder on 3G...Voice Control...Everything works...On 3G.
    On the contrary, they're going to do it to be douchey.

Thanks

Probably would only cost about 10 cents, but they have to make up losses from all the thieving software pirates

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

So what I think Apple should do to justified charging for new Major Update is to give it a name like Snow Leopard mobile or something that sound new and hot and that people feel that need to update.
    Last edited by DarkDragonAn; 03-30-2010 at 12:29 PM.