+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Apple's "iAd" Lock iPhones Unless You Watch Ads?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
that would suck so hard...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

that would suck so hard...

Thanks

If there are that many ads I'm sure the device and/or service will be free. If not... It's nexus one for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll just use ifile to remove the iAd app and I'm good to go!
    (though it might be harder doing than said?)

Thanks

This is spinnng out of control

even if some version of this was implemented it would never interfere with calling or any other normal application. It would be for free content, just like it is now, when you get a "lite" or "free"
    of an app. It would only be for getting free or cheap versions of premium services

do you honestly believe they would expect anyone to buy a product that made someone watch a 30 second ad before you could call out or answer the phone. C'mon people

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sold if this happens. simple as that

Thanks

Oh god, head hurts, make it stop

Thanks

As someone else has stated....

This could be a way of giving iPhones, iPods, iPads, and/or Computers as significantly cheap devices, if not free, and yet still make their money.

I personally would love to go pay $50 (or less) for an iPad and have ads every once in a while.

Sure my pricing example is a bit extreme for the topic of an Apple product but my point, I think, is clear.

Banned
    Thanks

FINALLY- Apple is starting to show their true colors..... Apple wants "control" as stated in the above and this is very irritating Apple-

"Technology that Apple patented in 2008 would literally turn your operating system off if you don't pay attention to the ads: "to ensure that the user is actually watching and/or listening to the advertisement content, the method can include a step for verifying user presence… the user may be prompted to press a certain button or keypad key in order to confirm that they are paying attention… the approaches for verifying user presence can be made progressively more aggressive if the user has failed a previous test.

This is why I speak about Apple and their greed but yet ppl continue to spend tons of money with apple especially with the Ipad... Apple is just greedy and this confirms all that I've said in previous posts about Apple.

Thats why I say keep jailbreaking.. keep using google for all your app needs and keep UNsupporting apple especially with crap like this...Of course you'll have the apple fanboy who will totally think this is fine and dandy just bc.. but this is just over the top

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_7318 View Post
    If this is imposed on every iphone with an update, i will sell it and switch to a nexus one
    yup, my Apple relationship would be over at that point.
    Really?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

Vathgol (03-29-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    yup, my Apple relationship would be over at that point.
    Nexus one.... that phone is like Micheal Jackson- BAD (in a good way)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

if apple actually implemented this in the iPhone i would so ditch them. Either that or never upgrade and stick with 3.1. That is so crazy for it to shut down the OS. That crapola better not happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vathgol View Post
    Nexus one.... that phone is like Micheal Jackson- BAD (in a good way)
    Actually, i'd prefer the HTC-EVO 4G...I think that's the name.... Too bad it's CDMA based

FINALLY- Apple is starting to show their true colors..... Apple wants "control" as stated in the above and this is very irritating Apple-

"Technology that Apple patented in 2008 would literally turn your operating system off if you don't pay attention to the ads: "to ensure that the user is actually watching and/or listening to the advertisement content, the method can include a step for verifying user presence… the user may be prompted to press a certain button or keypad key in order to confirm that they are paying attention… the approaches for verifying user presence can be made progressively more aggressive if the user has failed a previous test.

This is why I speak about Apple and their greed but yet ppl continue to spend tons of money with apple especially with the Ipad... Apple is just greedy and this confirms all that I've said in previous posts about Apple.

Thats why I say keep jailbreaking.. keep using google for all your app needs and keep UNsupporting apple especially with crap like this...Of course you'll have the apple fanboy who will totally think this is fine and dandy just bc.. but this is just over the top
    Keep supporting Google huh? lol Google is no better than Apple. Apple is just easier to hate and people like to hate on them A LOT. But make no mistake, just because google provides you with open environment OS doesn't make them angels. I still don't trust them when it comes to privacy.
    Last edited by hollow0; 03-29-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dnt thnk i see this happening if it does ill just thrw my iphone at someone apple related's face

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

yet another example of (whether this particular thread is true or not) of why i had to leave my iPhone behind and get a device that belongs to me and lets me decide whats good for it or not. i just couldnt JB one more time to get what i wanted and then have to see an update and wait for it to be safe to use my device again.

i went Android and have never been happier.

nothing against the iPhone really as it is a great device and my wife would not let me live if i tried to take hers away. however that is a perfect example of the iPhone (my wife) because she doesnt care about all the things that i can do and she cant and for her its perfect.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    if apple actually implemented this in the iPhone i would so ditch them. Either that or never upgrade and stick with 3.1. That is so crazy for it to shut down the OS. That crapola better not happen!

Actually, i'd prefer the HTC-EVO 4G...I think that's the name.... Too bad it's CDMA based

Keep supporting Google huh? lol Google is no better than Apple. Apple is just easier to hate and people like to hate on them A LOT. But make no mistake, just because google provides you with open environment OS doesn't make them angels. I still don't trust them when it comes to privacy.
    Now that I can understand.. privacy is an issue with google.. but what software is 100% safe??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

all that real estate on the ipad will be great for ads of all types

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I just could not see Apple being so stupid to do something like this.... I am sure they know that everyone hates ads.... look in the appstore when the devs release a app that is cool and then the next update has ads.. people go nuts because of the ads....

Myself I hate ads with a passion! You can't even go to a show today at a theater without watching a half hours of ads first......

And just because I see a ad doesn't mean I am going to run right out there and buy their product... I have never did that by seeing a ad!

By the way that Nexus One does look rather nice! But I love my iPhone ad free please!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    The whole point of jailbreaking is that it unlocks your phone from Apple/AT&T's network/data connection; I don't see how this is any different to using your phone for tethering - AT&T (thus Apple) can't do anything about it if you're not on their network.
    Out of control --- maybe.

But before it happened, did you honestly believe you would --ever-- buy something that you could not restore to the original factory version? Or honestly believe you would --ever-- buy anything that required a computer with an active internet connection to recover from a fatal error?? And .... especially with such a simple device as a phone?

For the Apple fan club it may be normal SOS now, but Apples marketing stranglehold is so strong -- common sense has been thrown out with the babies diapers
    Last edited by Mes; 03-29-2010 at 04:25 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars478 View Post
    If apple does this, I will never buy an Apple product again.
    Unless of course, the ads pay for my service/phone.
    Then you'll just jailbreak it! Free service phone!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

Oh really? Talk like that and you're going to get banned. You are stealing 70% from devs and only 30% from apple you jerk.

Twitter: @tshoults

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Oh really? Talk like that and you're going to get banned. You are stealing 70% from devs and only 30% from apple you jerk.
    I'm curious. What did Vathgol say that was bann - able? Keep jailbreaking? Use apps on Cydia and not from the AppleStore?