Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
The MacBook Pro hasn't been updated in... well, who can remember back that far? And while rumors and speculation have hinted at a forthcoming update since shortly after the last...
03-23-2010, 04:30 AM #1
Those Waiting for MacBook Pro Update Are Told "Not To Worry"
The MacBook Pro hasn't been updated in... well, who can remember back that far? And while rumors and speculation have hinted at a forthcoming update since shortly after the last one, it now seems we shouldn't "worry" about too much about additional delays. Now, before you send me a nasty message... please consider the reason for such optimism. The suggestion of a soon-to-arrive update reportedly comes from the highest sources inside Apple.
Our friends at MacRumors reported last night that one of their readers personally reached out to Steve Jobs with concerns about the lag time between MacBook Pro updates.
"I recognize the need for secrecy etc but I am really losing heart in the lack of vision for the MBP and Mac Pros. Not expecting a response but as someone who has personally switched dozens of people onto the mac way this is a sad email for me to compose."
Of course, most industry analysts maintain a March/June time estimate for the update - sort of like Tornado season. Yes, a twister is most likely to strike during this period, but there are no guarantees. The same could also be said of the MacBook Pro update, which will probably serve up a faster Intel Processor, superior graphics, and a wide assortment of touch-ups and boosts that, hopefully, will make the long wait worth it.
As of the most recent published reports of factors contributing the delayed update, a short supply of Intel processors remains the most reasonable culprit responsible for pushing back the scheduled release of the update... again and again.
03-23-2010, 05:08 AM #2
hah every response said to be from steve jobs himself is always like 3 words long. there best be an update soon, i have been waiting for the update to switch from a macbook to a macbook pro. can't wait
03-23-2010, 05:29 AM #3
"Not to worry" that's it? That could mean a number of things, and that's assuming that it even was Steve who sent a reply.
03-23-2010, 06:02 AM #4
Yeah, like "MacRumours" is credible in any way.
03-23-2010, 06:04 AM #5
i was about to buy 1 soon.... but i think I should wait for sometime now..
03-23-2010, 07:00 AM #6
Just a not to worry... If I said that to my boss or customer I'm dead!
03-23-2010, 07:05 AM #7
i was also about to buy a macbook pro but obviously will wait for the update.
03-23-2010, 08:08 AM #8
I have been waiting since November for this. Hurry it up apple!
03-23-2010, 10:08 AM #9
If I've been helpful, please take the time to press the "Thanks" button.
Device: Factory-Unlocked Apple iPhone 3G[S] (Rev. 3)
Firmware: 3.1.2 l Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
Colour: White l RAM: 256MB l HDD: 16GB
iPhone Exploit Status: Blackra1n'ed
- End -
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM #10
Resize the photos before uploading them... that MBP photo is huge.21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
iPhone 4 32 GB l TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
03-23-2010, 10:55 AM #11
I was waiting, but my Macbook died (fixable but I require my computer for work), so had to go and buy a new Macbook Pro (I so wanted the updated version...)
03-23-2010, 11:22 AM #12
This just in ... the new MBP will offer 1024 x 1168 resolution -- an almost square screen for improved viewing of television shows from the 70's. Don't mind large photos, but at least get the aspect ratio in the picture correct ;-)
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM #13
03-23-2010, 02:19 PM #14
dang. i was hoping this thread would be about a software update =[killall Terminal
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM #15
Don't worry, be happy
03-23-2010, 04:27 PM #16
Hmm would it be worth upgrading a June 2009 MBP...
If it has a HDMI output with sound and 16:9 output, Blu Ray and louder bass speakers I might get it but as long as my MBP plays games, I'll stick with it.
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM #17
hmm but apple is replacing my old macbook pro with a new 15" 2.66ghz model...
I think i just might not open it until the new one comes... then exchange it out.. would this work?
03-23-2010, 08:50 PM #18
Generally they refresh the laptops around may/june and desktops around september. A lot of people have been waiting on a mbp refresh from what I see everwhere.
03-23-2010, 11:59 PM #19
Can't wait to see what is added
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM #20
he should have wrote...
lol 2 words lol or
we will sue (classic)