Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Great Screen-Protector Ban of 2010

  1. #61
    After I had my iPhone 3GS 32GB replaced by Apple for a faulty battery, I brought my new refurb home only to discover it had the new bootrom and couldn't be jailbroken. Two weeks later I realized how bad the iPhone sucked without jailbreaking. If Apple is looking to drive away their customers with ridiculous bans and trying to jailbreak proof their devices I will never do business with them again. I've had my iPhones since iDay 1. I decided to sell my iPhone on craigslist and just ordered a new Nokia n97 that supports flash and multitasking.

    BTW: iPhone 3GS screens do scratch... I've had mine scratch 3 times fanboys. Apple is absolutely ridiculous, and will fail to the newer Windows 7 phones coming out.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

  2. #62
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    RE: itsmejdn

    People...this is your brain on drugs...any questions!?!

  3. #63
    When you can charge $15 for $0.10 of plastic, you better bet Apple wants take over that market for all of its products.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Whats with the retarded black, white girl??
    lol boxxy?

  5. #65
    I love my apple products: macbook, iPhone, iPod, and some software, but Goddamn their under my thumb of oppression is taxing and making me hate them.

  6. #66
    This place sucks so bad sometimes. Calm down people if apple doesn't want to sell screen protectors than buy them elsewhere. Go to best buy or order them online or something but seriously quit whining about it.

    Why are so many people looking for something to hate apple for...
    is there a such thing as a fanboY with a y? if so is that better or worse than a fanboi? im probably one of them just which ever one is less drastic

  7. #67
    i just love to hear some one say " my iphone screen is scratch prove - what will that thin plastic will do anyway ".

    Yes it really hard to scratch a glass but believe me it will.all you need is a hair line scratch to make you regret what you say.

    Yes screen protector not gonna help if you drop or run a knives on your iphone. but it will help your beloved iphone screen from your key.

    1 thing if apple decide not to sell screen shield product. but banning a case company that give it with a case? that stupid. now most all company case will not give you a screen shield anymore. what an arrogant company apple become.

  8. #68
    EffenTroll ! Effenpig!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts

    ^its an Internet forum. People with opposing views discuss and even argue their points of view. You'll get used to it

    anyway,
    saying screen protectors are stupid or
    worthless just because you don't need them is just plains stupid. I don't care what high tech whatsama-coating they come up with, if you drop a big glob of expanding foam on your screen( like I recently did), and you'll be bummin if you don't have a screen protector. That foam is viscious

    I've also dripped subfloor glue and PVC cement on my phone and they would have definitely caused some problems if it weren't for a screen protector. I even managed to gouge my screen with a utilty knife one time. I pulled the protector off in a panic to see howmbad the damage was, not a scratch
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 03-18-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by kylen721 View Post
    Why are so many people looking for something to hate apple for...
    We don't have to look it gets delivered free, Appl£ are sucking big with the only do what we let you Sh!t

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by opiak View Post
    i think screen protectors make them look ugly anyways. had mine for 2 years without any scratches on the screen itself.
    Not being an ***, but where do you work? I work on aircraft for a living and pretty much have to put a protector and a case on mine or it gets killed easily. If I worked in an office building it wouldn't be a big deal.

    But this is a **** move, I'll just buy my stuff from Amazon for a lot cheaper from now on then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    Anyone who buys a screen protector from an apple store is stupid anyway. You pay triple the price for something you can by at any phone stall in any mall. 10 bucks for three. I wouldn't use them anyway, they end up looking all poxy. WHO CARES!! Not me. Maybe apple realise they can't compete with 3 for 10 bucks, type offers.

    Anyone who can't take reasonable care of an expensive phone doesn't deserve one. Three iphones, no screen protectors and zero scratches and my kids are them same, because they don't treat it like a set of car keys.
    Anyone who makes broad statements about what people deserve and should/shouldn't be allowed to have based on their own experiences is an a s s h o l e and should shut their mouth. Screen protectors are for some and not for others. I require one because of my place of employment, no one gives a sh!t about you or your kids and how you treat your crap. Piss off with your attitude.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 03-18-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #71
    Anyone who makes broad statements about what people deserve and should/shouldn't be allowed to have based on their own experiences is an a s s h o l e and should shut their mouth. Screen protectors are for some and not for others. I require one because of my place of employment, no one gives a sh!t about you or your kids and how you treat your crap. Piss off with your attitude.
    agree full stop

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Whats with the retarded black, white girl??
    Boxxy is a hyperactive YouTube celeb who can't sit still when she talks.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeandike1994 View Post
    What brilliant farker came up with this idiotic marketing idea, they're just asking for another class action lawsuit. I am literally at a loss of words. ANGRY... VERY ANGRY.
    "Marketing idea?" "Class-action lawsuit?" Do you just like referencing concepts you clearly don't understand? How could it POSSIBLY be a "marketing idea?" What class could possibly be represented in a lawsuit and for what damages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm confused by this article. It says, "all screen-protecting film products from all retail stores and the Apple Online Store." But then it goes on to say that it's for the Apple stores. So which is it? ALL stores, or just the Apple stores?
    Are you *REALLY* that easily confused or are you just playing dumb? The Apple Store is a retail store. Apple's online store is not. They have no ability to ban them from non-Apple retail stores, so you can't possibly confuse it with them. They are eliminating the products from all of their stores, both retail and online, and it is as simple as that. The only confusion is in the reporting which uses the word "ban" and gets some people wrongly-thinking that it means that they aren't allowed in the store with one installed on their phone or that they will lose their warranty if they have one. Neither is the case. It just means that they can't buy one there because they no longer offer them.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    We don't have to look it gets delivered free, Appl£ are sucking big with the only do what we let you Sh!t
    it's not like they are telling you that you can't have one though. Don't get me wrong apple isn't perfect, but they obviously give us stuff we like (albeit with some changes) or we wouldn't be on a forum devoted to modding their stuff.
    is there a such thing as a fanboY with a y? if so is that better or worse than a fanboi? im probably one of them just which ever one is less drastic

  14. #74
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I always have had them on my iPhones & iTouch. Then replace them when they wear out. Just got a otter defender case for my 3Gs, it has a built in screen protector, and one over the camera, the thing is almost water and drop proof. Sh#T happens, protect your stuff. I always buy on eBay or other online stores. I would never buy anything at a over priced Apple store

    Dont see what the big deal is ? Just get your protectors somewhere else. I bet it was all the returns they got on them because people screwed up putting them on. Now they can spend more time on taking your money
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 03-18-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Because I can

  15. #75
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    I bought one of the cases that covers the screen as well, it was a great concept. I t was a casemate Naked(clear). I had 3 different problems with it though. 1. Air bubbles between my screen and protective membrane. 2. It didn't always recognize my touch, I had to press down harder sometimes and that got very annoying. 3. I had to take it apart every couple of days to get the lint, dirt, and other micro fibers out of it. My immediately family loved it and all bought one as well.... Though I don't use it anymore due to those 3 reasons.

  16. #76
    iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Chuck watches Sat. TV .....with no electricity.

  17. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    On his jailbroken 27" iPad.

  18. #78
    Green Apple Squeaky369's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts

    They just poured us all another glass of the special "kool-aid".

    And I am just guessing that this is the beginning of the Apple Bull-$h!t moves like this.

  19. #79
    some people are over reacting. just buy it somewhere else, economics will keep supply up.

  20. #80
    [!?weird?!]
    killall Terminal[]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •