Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Screen-Protector Ban of 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Apple retail stores and Apple online

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Thanks

this doesn't bother me one bit. i could care less what the apple store sells.

i buy many things from sites like dealextreme, etc. for 1/10th the cost of the apple store

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have never used protection

for my screen of course

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stealthbravo View Post
    i have never used protection

For my screen of course
    lc

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Tiger92 Posts: 182
    They are not banning screen protectors, they are just not selling them in their store anymore. I don't really care because anything apple sells in over priced anyway.

100% Agreed! Why pay 3-5 times as much for what you can have delivered to you free of charge?

Effenpig! Posts: 438
    How can something that is clear be ugly? Hmmm

It's rather simple to understand. It doesn't take a rocket scientist... However, it doesn't take much to get a bubble under one of 'em and some people actually do let their laziness overcome their desire to have a flawless looking screen... And trust me, I'm sorry to say that I've seen a lot of 'em.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's it. I am done with apple. I understand they are only taking them out of their stores. I don't shop at the apple store anyways. To overpriced. However it is this kind of mentality that is driving me fcking crazy. Apple seems to think they can do anything and everything they want. And they can because people will still buy their stuff. No more for me. I'm buying a google nexus one. Guess what?? It supports flash 10.1 and omg u can multitask. Such a better product then the iPhone. I've had a 3G and a 3G S. Loved them. Hate apple. Enough is enough.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

is this for real? good thing i got my invisi-shield when i did then. this thing is awsome

Anyone who buys a screen protector from an apple store is stupid anyway. You pay triple the price for something you can by at any phone stall in any mall. 10 bucks for three. I wouldn't use them anyway, they end up looking all poxy. WHO CARES!! Not me. Maybe apple realise they can't compete with 3 for 10 bucks, type offers.

Anyone who can't take reasonable care of an expensive phone doesn't deserve one. Three iphones, no screen protectors and zero scratches and my kids are them same, because they don't treat it like a set of car keys.
    Last edited by Kroo; 03-18-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    lc
    Oh snap! Haha!

I've got a screen protector on my 3G from Zagg, and the only reason I have it is to protect my phone from my nieces and nephews touching it with dirty fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by dm2017 View Post
    That's it. I am done with apple. I understand they are only taking them out of their stores. I don't shop at the apple store anyways. To overpriced. However it is this kind of mentality that is driving me fcking crazy. Apple seems to think they can do anything and everything they want. And they can because people will still buy their stuff. No more for me. I'm buying a google nexus one. Guess what?? It supports flash 10.1 and omg u can multitask. Such a better product then the iPhone. I've had a 3G and a 3G S. Loved them. Hate apple. Enough is enough.
    See ya! One less complainer on the site!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-18-2010 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's not like Apple said they will void the warranty of their products if you used them. They just chose not to sell them. Reading anything further than that is silly. Everything has to have a hidden agenda for a lot of people. How about Apple decided NOT to carry them, because a lot of asinine people believe that Apple endorses these products or warranty these products. Instead of dealing with spending time and man power to "tech support" some other companies product(I know of a lot of Apple guys putting screen protectors on for customers) they rather have that company do it themselves. They are not paid to put screen protectors, they are there to sell APPLE products.

Quote Originally Posted by dm2017 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you. All phones regardless of a dumb phone can multitask. Definition of multitasking - Preform 2 or more processes during a single processing cycle.

Examples of multitasking:
    Pressing the 1 key does 3 different processes during a single process. Lights up the screen, puts a 3 on the screen, and make a tone(depending on the phone).

Dialing the number and calling it. It tracks how long you are on the phone, sends and receives data while you are on the call. send and receive voice.

An END USER can't multitask without using more than just sense of sight, on a small screen. Run two applications that require sight you are not multitasking as you can only see 1 set of information. If you had the ipod running, and you were texting people then you are multitasking. As you are processing the music while during the same cycle texting someone.

What you are referring to is background processing. Haven't you ever wondered why the iDon't commercial say "iDon't run simultaneous apps" instead of "iDon't Multitask". They knew they were liable for false advertisement by saying the the latter.

Now I believe the END USER has a better chance multitasking on the iPad over the iPhone/iTouch due to screen size.
    Last edited by Doppler; 03-18-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by opiak View Post
    i think screen protectors make them look ugly anyways. had mine for 2 years without any scratches on the screen itself.
    i haven't had mine that long, but the guys i work with have and their screens look like **** because the screen protectors are all peeling off in the corners and hazy and you can barely see. Whenever I go to show them something new they all comment 'wow, why does your screen look so good?' i reply, because I don't believe in screen protectors.

From what i remember apple invested alot of time in producing the greatest touch screen on the 3gs. From what I remember reading it is designed with a fingerprint-resistant coating that is best cleaned by wiping it on your jeans. And I have to say, it works very well!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Either way screw apple and I wish the worst to Steve jobs. Let his cancer rot his insides. If you were to name a country to a company, apple would be china.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm reading a lot of dumb *** comments against screen protectors.

My response is this:

screen protectors are like condoms, some guys feel they don't need them while others want to protect their "valuables"

If you don't like screen protectors don't use them but stop trashing people who do.

Apple's favorite hobby: banning stuff

APPLE is F***ing crazy...... what up with all the Bans lately jesus holy f***ing christ what are they gonna band next???

Bah sod Apple now anyways , fed up with the iphone its boring and my contract is now ended so time to look for a new phone

This sort of attitude from Apple is typical of them, bye bye Apple.

screen protectors aren't needed anyway. The screen is glass...if you scratch it, a protector wouldn't have helped you anyway.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    A screen protector is an absolute must for the iPhone. I don't know about you, but I personally shelled out $600 for the 3G and the 3GS and I'll be damned if I leave open the possibility of a $300 device becoming scratched. I know a girl who has gone through over 10 iPhone because she keeps dropping them and they keep cracking but her parents keep buying her knew ones, some people actually work for the things they have and can't just leave the continued usability of these devices up in the air.
    ----------------
    Um... I think that no matter if you have a thin clear screen protector or not, if you drop your phone the glass screen is going to break. your argument makes no sense...

Besides, don't you all know that the iPhone 3GS is made with a newer technology screen than the 2G and 3G. It has fingerprint resistant screen and also is scratch proof. There is no need for the screen protectors on the 3GS, it will not scratch

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you use a screen protector on an AOLED screen? This has to be the reason. A new screen is coming out...not necessarily that one, but something is coming.

Of Course...thats the idea!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast