Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EFF: Apple Like a "Jealous Feudal Lord"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It takes money to be an Apple fanboy, I guess..

Comparing a political system with an enterprise model is just stupid... NO ONE is forced to accept their laws nor to accept their licenses...

Ppl should start thinking more about finding alternatives rather than wasting time bashing those that they have....

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is Apple's device. Like it or leave it. Everyone knows how they operate and yet people still seem surprised? Android will dominate once it has been polished.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Appl£ shouldn't be compared to Microsoft anymore, they should be compared with Hitler
    wow easy! i know people get pissed off at apple and rightfully so but comparing them to someone who killed between 11 - 17 million people is too far.

calm down...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

apple has been killing innocent apps and business for years

hey i have doubt does this mean that apple have the rights to render my jailbroken iphone useless and sue me just because i jailbroke????? :d

Quote Originally Posted by extremzocker View Post
    wow easy! i know people get pissed off at apple and rightfully so but comparing them to someone who killed between 11 - 17 million people is too far.

calm down...
    I was relating Appl£ to the amount of control hitler wanted, World Domination, Master Race.

I think the way Appl£ are enforcing this type of control through how we use the internet, what you can and can't do with your own device you paid a lot of money for, the fact that they can kill any app at anytime shows the amount of control they have.

Yes I know I don't have to buy the products but I like them, but I hate the control, thats why I jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
    I have 3 Androids and 1 iPhone.
    Why would you own 4 smartphones? Do you use money for toilet paper too?

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I was relating Appl£ to the amount of control hitler wanted, World Domination, Master Race.

I think the way Appl£ are enforcing this type of control through how we use the internet, what you can and can't do with your own device you paid a lot of money for, the fact that they can kill any app at anytime shows the amount of control they have.

Yes I know I don't have to buy the products but I like them, but I hate the control, thats why I jailbreak
    Ah, I see your point.
    The thing is that Apple makes such great products (the best) but then imposes stupid limitations - World Domination

Thanks

The best? They have 2 impressive products...a phone and an iPod. I will give them that. I still can't see the draw to OSX though. I knew I should have never started off in Linux because now Windows and OSX seem lacking.

im not talking about the software. their designs are amazing and so is (some of) their hardware

Thanks

I am with you on the design of the iPhone and the iPod touch, but previous versions of the iPods were too generic.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    I honestly do not understand why devs still develop apps for apple products when i keep hearing these kind of stories and that you can do just about anything on android. Its like giving a homeless man money when he sits right outside a liquor store, he is just going to do whatever he wants
    Devs create apps for Apple because there's money in it. Developers keep 70 % of revenue from what they sell off of Apple. It makes sense to develop for them and get paid well. What can you make off of open source?

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Devs create apps for Apple because there's money in it. Developers keep 70 % of revenue from what they sell off of Apple. It makes sense to develop for them and get paid well. What can you make off of open source?
    Now that really is short sighted.. that's like saying how do developers make money from offering free versions of their apps, or how does MySQL make money?

You simply have 2 lines of product - one is open source where you permit input from the community, building up loyalty and utilizing a diverse knowledge base, or you offer a feature limited product - the other is a paid commercial line which includes support and bringing only stable products.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

apple needs to open up the app store. they are so concerned over jailbreaking, but the only way they an end it is to open up the app store to anyone and anything. if they dont, the droid may take the top...

Just FYI I received a refurb iphone this week from ATT & it had 3.1.3 already on it. I called apple & the tech seem surprised it was on it. I noticed it wouldnt backup unless I updated (which it already was I think) I sent it back to ATT & paid an extra $50 for a new unrefurbished iphone in hopes it will have 3.1.2 on it. itunes 9.0.3.15 safe to use when jailbreaking? I already hate apple & left them a message at apple.com/feedback as sugessted by the apple tech. I am scheduled to get it tomorrow & will let you know which version....
    PEACE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12