Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Acrobatic" Burglars Swipe MacBooks from Best Buy

no witnesses, no civilain casualties, clean get away.....good to know theres still some proper criminals out there.....my faith in humanity has been restored.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    ...Also there are no such things as laser detectors or any kind of visible beam detectors, pure movie fiction...
    Oohhh, so it must be magic that stops my garage door from closing when my dog walks under it, huh? Who knew?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (03-08-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on, it's really not THAT hard... first of all there is NOTHING at all "gangsta" about cutting a whole in a roof and rappelling down from a 16 ft ceiling. "Gangstas" have trouble robbing gas stations, much less doing anything requiring some intellect.

And I seriously doubt it was an inside job or an employee too, because obviously whoever it was is making more money than to have to work 9-5 at an electronics store.

You don't have to work there to know how the security systems work, or where the apple section is located. You go in and pretend to be a shopper, scout out the location over the course of a few weeks. You watch the manager and employee shifts, you read all the signs you can, you could even sneak into an "employees only" area pretty easily and get a good look around.

Any professional would recognize the security system in place based on the arming device near the door. You recognize the system, you know you can't touch the floors. Finding the location to cut the whole in the roof is pretty easy, any GPS device could tackle it, even an iPhone. Go to the apple section and pretend to be shopping and pin point the GPS location on your iPhone. Cake.

When you get on the roof, go to that pinpointed location and cut the whole. Rappelling isn't that hard either, it's just a matter of physical fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Oohhh, so it must be magic that stops my garage door from closing when my dog walks under it, huh? Who knew?!
    yeah dude i got one of those too. i think i bought it from a gypsie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (03-08-2010)

Thanks

^ it's not a laser, and it's not a "visible" beams.

How hard is that to understand. I think maybe you smoked yourself retarded.

What an awesome story.

Thanks

"Any professional would recognize the security system in place based on the arming device near the door. You recognize the system, you know you can't touch the floors. "

fail- the type of system (ie. Brand) can usually be easily determined by looking at the "arming device" (Lol-it's a keypad, genius). However, knowing the brand of panel gives absolutely no indication as to what type of peripherals might be wired to it. All major Hardwired security panels use zone inputs that can have nearly any kind of standard 12v powered or non- powered sensor, could be motion detector, magnetic reed switch, glassbreak detector( acoustic or shock), etc.

Also the reason I seriously doubt the part about them not being able to touch the floor is: the only way for that to be possible is to use pressure mats, which are very rarely used anymore. Pressure mats are usually only a few square feet and are usually placed at stategic locations ie. Inside doors, bottom of stairway, etc. To cover and entire floor with 100's of them would be a ridiculous and unnecessary task, since newer technologies do a better job at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks

Id rather steal ONE HP Touchsmart with Win7 than 20 macbooks lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotek View Post
    I live about 10 minutes from this Best Buy. Unbelievable that this could happen in my area, lol. It's in a small shopping center with a Target right on a major highway. It definately took a lot of balls to pull this one off.
    Same here. I bought the Denon Receiver in my sig from this very store. This is pretty boss though. Someone willing to go through all this almost deserves to get away with it lol.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

sound like pros.

similar to the ~300,000 iPhones missing from (were was it??)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know how to get ahold of these guys .. I could use a new Mac Book, Tell them 500 bucks cash, with no mention if I get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger View Post
    so when was the last time people or person went to so much trouble to steal windows based pc`s.
    Clearly apple computers are well sort after even if you need to steal them hahahahaah.
    Well done microca even crims dont want windows pc!!!
    im not a windows fanboy but the simple fact that macs are much more expensive made them steal the macbooks not any OS preference

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The part I don't get is how the alarms didn't go off when the rubble hit the ground. They were sawing the roof so debris had to fall into the actual store. Am I right?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

pimp, best buy deserves this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123