Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Establishes MacBook Repair Extension Program

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Apple Establishes MacBook Repair Extension Program


    If you bought a MacBook in the eighteen month period between May 2006 and December 2007, you may be covered by Apple's new MacBook repair extension program - that is, if your machine is experiencing hard drive issues.

    This week Apple has pleased many MacBook owners with the announcement of this "repair extension" for owners of the 13" notebook models.

    Apple said the following of its repair extension program:

    "If your MacBook was purchased in the date range listed above and shows a flashing question mark on the screen, please take it to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider and they will examine the hard drive to confirm if it is eligible for a replacement, free of charge, under this program," the company said.
    The program in place covers Apple's 1.83 GHz, 2.0 GHz, and 2.16 GHz 13-inch MacBook laptops. These machines have factory installed hard drives of 60, 80, 100, 120, and 160 GB capacities.

    How do you know if you need to take advantage of this program? Chances are, if you're in need of it, you'd already know. If your MacBook displays a flashing question mark on any of the models listed above, your hard drive - according to Apple - "needs to be examined."

    Although Apple's program obviously won't extend your standard warranty coverage, Apple will reimburse you if you've had to cough up for out of warranty repairs related to the issues that led to this program in the first place.

    Image via Apple

  2. #2
    hhmmm? i wonder what the issue is. guess im glad i have the 15".
    killall Terminal[]

  3. #3
    my MacBookPro 15" was manufactured in this preiod and I experianced display mulfunctioning last year but Apple coverd the repair due to Nvidia HW fault

  4. #4
    thats sick cause my macbook air seems to be stuck on the grey screen

  5. #5
    ive never had any issues with mine...except when i installed a script written by musclenerd for a root connection to an itunes issue with jailbreaking. i forget the whole reason why it was suggested. but what a holy hell to get my MBpRO back into operating condition. i still hold some slight resentment towards him. *hrrmmm*,,,,god brings back memories...anyways after 2 weeks and more than 8 hours with Apple upper tier support and lying my assphincter off. reinstalling OS and ALL software i got back to normal. thanks Musclenerd.
    killall Terminal[]

  6. #6
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    i use my tv screen for my laptop, to have a bigger screen. recently the minidvi to hdmi converter caused pins to come out of the mini DVI port and now it shows red lines across the screen apple said it would cost 250 to repair such bull monkey.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Gee, thanks Steve, 2bad I had that problem 3 years ago, and had to put in a new harddrive 2 times, great to know that NOW you plan to do something, only 4 years too late!

  8. #8
    Are you kidding me .. I litterally just got a new MacBook Pro 4 days ago because mine quit

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    thats sick cause my macbook air seems to be stuck on the grey screen
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0785 View Post
    Are you kidding me .. I litterally just got a new MacBook Pro 4 days ago because mine quit

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0785 View Post
    Are you kidding me .. I litterally just got a new MacBook Pro 4 days ago because mine quit
    I am sure if you explained this to Apple they would take your return and waive the 10% restocking fee
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I am sure if you explained this to Apple they would take your return and waive the 10% restocking fee
    or they might just dress you up in a suit and have you say

    "i'm a pc"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

    santaf (02-17-2010)

  13. #12
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    or they might just dress you up in a suit and have you say

    "i'm a pc"
    hahah i'm working on a research paper right now and this just made me happy again hahaha so funny

  14. #13
    too bad this only covers the white "Macbook" line, not the unibody Macbook showed in the picture

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    hahah i'm working on a research paper right now and this just made me happy again hahaha so funny
    haha thanks man. i know how you feel. i wrote a sonnet for english, based off of the fact that marijuana rhymes with obama.

    i had to redo it.

    Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    too bad this only covers the white "Macbook" line, not the unibody Macbook showed in the picture
    dude those old ones are sooo ugly man. i got the aluminum unibody, glad i did, it's sexxxxy

  16. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,004
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    I wish I get an extension program for my macbook air. This thing is starting to fall apart.

  17. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Great. When will they acknowledge the problem with their dvd drives burning out?
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    haha thanks man. i know how you feel. i wrote a sonnet for english, based off of the fact that marijuana rhymes with obama.

    i had to redo it.

    no kidding? i wonder why such childish research was rejected. you son, are quite the moron.
    killall Terminal[]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •