+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IBM takes Lotus to Apple for Mac, iPhone, iPod

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
IBM is coming to Macs, iPods, and iPhones with a new version of its popular Lotus collaboration and social software suite. Revealed just before the start of the weekend at
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default IBM takes Lotus to Apple for Mac, iPhone, iPod

IBM is coming to Macs, iPods, and iPhones with a new version of its popular Lotus collaboration and social software suite.

Revealed just before the start of the weekend at Macworld, IBM isn't saying much about the release for now, except that the segue into Apple territory will likely be viewed fondly by many - particularly those hoping that the iPhone will continue to replace the Blackberry as the ultimately mobile business phone, resource, and professional tool.

From IMB:

Today's news underscores IBM's commitment to expanding its software to support the increasing global mobile work force and popular consumer devices.
    IBM says the release will allow professionals from all walks of life presently using Apple devices like Macs and iPhones to begin enjoying "business-grade social networking and instant messaging." Tossed into the mix, of course, is securely encrypted email and other helpful collaborative applications.

In case you're wondering, IBM also hinted at a forthcoming effort to build Lotus apps for the iPad.

The aforementioned software suite remains in beta stages, but when formally rolled out, Mac users can anticipate a pretty nifty "Microsoft Office alternative sporting spreadsheet, document, and presentation applications that support most Microsoft Office features."

Image via IBM

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to the party IBM.

Thanks

This has been long overdue...can't wait for the release to take blackberry completely out of the equation

Green Apple
    Thanks

They already have a number of iPhone products out there like Notes client, sametime client

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Don't forget notes traveler is already out. I'm already using my iPhone exactly like a blackberry but 100x better. It pushes my contacts, calendar, and e-mail.

Thanks

I know there are various other products out there, but this article is talking about products directly sold by IBM, and currently the only thing from IBM in the app store is IBM lotus notes traveler companion. Having IBM make a strong presence on the iphone platform is a very welcome development...and one I'm sure Apple would be happy about

Thanks

Welcome to the club, IBM. Glad to have you.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotek View Post
    Don't forget notes traveler is already out. I'm already using my iPhone exactly like a blackberry but 100x better. It pushes my contacts, calendar, and e-mail.
    Same here and love it!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

IBM should stick to what it does best...outsourcing jobs and firing. Leave the half-baked Lotus stuff far away from my iPhone please.
    Really?

Thanks

good news
    killall Terminal[]