Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wall Street: AT&T to Keep iPhone/iPad Exclusivity

I for one believe in competition because when you have that you get better rates. Between AT&T and Verizon we would have some really low rate plans which is great for us consumers. I also agree that the Iphone is a great product, but selling to Verizon would increase profits to Apple which would probably cause Apple to sell to us cheaper which again would be good for us. That as they say is my opinion and as they say we all have that right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeT674's Avatar
    Thanks

i suspect apple wants the iphone to stay a global phone, their not gonna make a cdma iphone for a while. and after all the verizon bashing att's network you think jobs is happy with verizon?

Thanks

I am going to AT&T once my tmobile is up. I would love to be able update my iPhone for the first time without worrying about unlock and for that freedom I could take a break without a jailbreak.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

billmilo (02-10-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. I predict AT&T's network is going to die. Completely.
    1. iPhone.
    2. Tethering.
    3. iPad.
    4. Regular Cell Phones.
    5. Other
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to matthew1111 For This Useful Post:

billmilo (02-10-2010)

Apple

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I am going to AT&T once my tmobile is up. I would love to be able update my iPhone for the first time without worrying about unlock and for that freedom I could take a break without a jailbreak.

As an att costumer: what freedom?
    Last edited by billmilo; 02-10-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to billmilo For This Useful Post:

dale1v (02-11-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice at&t rules the world!!!moohahahaha boohahahaha
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Thanks

^^Freedom to update firmware on the iphone without fear of loosing unlocking and baseband changes and stuff. if i were on att i could do these things without locking my phone up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    ^^Freedom to update firmware on the iphone without fear of loosing unlocking and baseband changes and stuff. if i were on att i could do these things without locking my phone up.
    i have the same fears.

^^^^^

then just get a factory unlocked phone...you'd still be saving money even after paying the price for it....have you seen the cost of AT&T plans???

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    it doesn't make sense to release an iPhone/iPad on a technology that's on its way out. Once VZW goes to 4G/LTE, then they will get the iPhone and iPad.
    true.

Quote Originally Posted by mckaytayl0r View Post
    ^^^^^

then just get a factory unlocked phone...you'd still be saving money even after paying the price for it....have you seen the cost of AT&T plans???
    They're not that bad. In fact, aren't they just about the same when compared to verizon? Both have basic plans that are $39.99, unlimited texting is $20 in both, data is $30 in both. AT&T has rollover (on all plans) while Verizon has Friends & Family on 2nd tier plans.

I personally love AT&T. If anything I would love if they made a "data first, mins maybe" plan where I get less minutes but get unlimited data. I'm literally burning through rollover minutes that are expriring every month because I really don't make that many calls outside AT&T.

EDIT: I'm reading the plans from both AT&T's and VZW's web-site, they're the exact same thing. Only difference I'm seeing is that AT&T has 5 family plans (550/700/1400/2100/unl) vs VZWs 4 plans (they don't have a 550 option). Unlimited texting for families is $30 on both carriers and additional lines cost the same on both, so please explain to me how AT&T is more expensive because I'm not seeing it. At all.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 02-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I'm happy with my AT&T service, and of course my iPhone. I like the fact other carriers envy the iPhone so much! Verizon cries to much, I have 3G where and live, but Verizon is not. So long live the iPhone & AT&T!!!!

Default LTE for data, CDMA for voice
    Some of you still don't get it. LTE is for data. Verizon is still keeping CDMA for voice and the iPhone is still a "phone." Even if Apple decides to use Verizon in 2012 they will still need two different models with LTE and GSM for ATT and LTE and CDMA for Verizon if it ever comes to the Verizon network. Or a chip that can switch between GSM and CDMA (lets just see if the carriers will allow this).

Early 2009, Verizon Wireless CTO Tony Melone spoke about LTE conversion...

"Verizon’s CDMA/1xRTT network is very stable for voice services and will remain in place until 2018 or even 2020. The EV-DO network will have a much shorter life span with its current 3G technology being replaced quickly by LTE."

No mention of GSM so it looks like those rumors of Verizon Wireless moving to GSM on the way to LTE are indeed false.

Verizon Wireless to accelerate LTE, keep CDMA and lower data prices Boy Genius Report
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Holy crap I just realized something. Ever since the iPad was announced I was wondering "why the hell would they go with a Micro SIM for the 3G models?". I mean, the iPad isn't really hurting in size, but there's one device that is...

Next iPhone's going to be using this Micro SIM as well, count on it. Only approved carriers will be selling these micro SIMs as a physical way to prevent unlocking. T-Mobile did announce they were bringing Micro SIMs as well (US anyways) but that was last month and I've yet to see anything about it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

The iPhone only being on at&t is just a case of jelousy, nothing more.
    Not necessarily. Not when At&t can't provide service when I'm in an urban area of So. Cal. I would go with At&t if they could provide me with service for the Iphone. But instead I wait patiently for them to roll out their Mircocell which has been in a trial phase for the better part of a year???

C'mon At&t get your *&@#$ togeher already and release the thing. Maybe you could make some more money from those of us who need the microcell to get service....are ready and willing to pay for it. Enough said!

we'll only be using at&t's network with the 3G models. and that will only be when we're using the 3G aspect of the devise VS> just connecting via WIFI. whats the big deal?
    killall Terminal[]

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Most devices sold will be wifi anyways so most people that do buy the iPad could care less about AT&T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12