Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MacWorld 2010 Begins This Week. Anyone Care?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default MacWorld 2010 Begins This Week. Anyone Care?

Talk about the power of Apple.

The MacWorld Expo 2010 will get underway this week in beautiful San Francisco, California where the iPad was recently unveiled to great fanfare. But when it comes to great fanfare, don't expect much from MacWorld this year. It's just not gonna happen. The excitement surrounding the annual event has literally been sucked out of the occasion in light of Apple pulling the plug on its involvement.

Apple said its reason for leaving MacWorld was based on the reduced value of working trade shows given the decimated potential they offer for connecting with fans and consumers in a meaningful way. While our eyes and ears will be peeled both inside and out of MacWorld this year, we're just not hearing much reason for enthusiasm. Realizing that this would be a likely issue, the MacWorld event received its first ever February scheduling to dance around scheduling conflicts with the Consumer Electronics Show.

So what's on tap still? Count on lots of vendors compensating for Apple's absence by rolling out a plethora of new Apple accessories and software. But, as of last count, the number of total vendors when compared to last year's show equals only about half. All told, about 250 vendors/booths will be on hand. Arguably the biggest attraction this week? Film director Kevin Smith and former Apple dignitary Guy Kawasaki. Both men will be on hand to "liven things up."

Of course, if Apple introduces a new MacBook Pro model, Apple may once again steal the show at MacWorld... even without showing up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk7741 View Post
    Poor Macworld.... Glad I use Windows!
    What does a Apple not showing up to Macworld have to do with what operating system you use?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

All i'd like to know is what is OS 4 going to look like and what features will it have and last what will the 4th iPhone will look like and what upgraded(hopefully) features will it have.

^Well since Apple has no involvement with MacWorld I guess you'll be waiting to find out still
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It would also be interesting if mention of the new iPhone came out this week... I mean, Apple has to announce it sometime soon, right?

I care.

the new MacBook Pro refresh must deliver!

I liked watching the keynote I'm in the UK so I watched it after on Apple's website. I was gonna go there in 2012 but now there's no Apple keynote It's not likely

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...I CARE!
    The OS 4.0 is going to have every feature of Jailbreaking (backgrounding, etc.), but Cydia. Sue for copyright?
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

+*.....MACWOrld...talkin bout MACWOrld....*+
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

When is Apple WC week? I am looking forward to that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Perhaps there is more money to make in the "i" line than the mac line