Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
A previously-unknown MacBook Pro model with a 2.66 GHz Intel "Arrandale" dual-core processor was discovered in a Geekbench report on Thursday, suggesting that a refresh to Apple's high-end laptop line...
02-06-2010, 02:59 PM #1
New MacBook Pro Spotted in the Wild
A previously-unknown MacBook Pro model with a 2.66 GHz Intel "Arrandale" dual-core processor was discovered in a Geekbench report on Thursday, suggesting that a refresh to Apple's high-end laptop line may be released soon. The benchmark score for this computer significantly higher than currently shipping Mac Book Pro models with 2.66 GHz processors.
Geekbench aggregates benchmarks from thousands of users worldwide, allowing enthusiasts to compare different models in real-world configurations. This test was run by a computer identifying itself as a "MacBook Pro 6,1" which suggests it's an upgrade to currently shipping Pro models which all use "MacBook Pro 5,x" identifiers. The 6,x identifiers had been seen in developer releases of 10.6.2 last August. This computer was running an unreleased build of Mac OS X 10.6.2 called build 10C3067.
The preformance results listed in the report showed a Core i7 M 620 processor, the top of Intel's new mobile Arrandale line that was announced last month. This computer received a "Geekbench Score" of 5260, as compared to high scores in the mid-four thousands for the existing top-of-the-line 17-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, and low four thousands for the existing 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo model.
A speed bump for the MacBook Pro has been expected for some time. An Intel giveaway last month touting a chance to win a MacBook with a Core i5 processor created a fresh spate of rumors before Intel sent out a new flyer claiming the earlier one was just an error.
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM #2
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM #3
Sweet, im almost ready to bump up to the Macbook Pro line. My 2007 white one is a bit old now..
02-06-2010, 03:29 PM #4
Damn I just bought my mbp
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM #5
02-06-2010, 04:14 PM #6
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM #7
I'm ready to replace my 13" mbp
02-06-2010, 04:34 PM #8
^^^ I thought you bought the new 13" MBP last June when they first came out like I did... ur ready to replace it already?!
02-06-2010, 04:36 PM #9
haha. Yea you are right but I'm a sucker for a new MBP
02-06-2010, 05:00 PM #10
hmm shall i buy get it when it comes out or wait until the summer to be able to get something else free with it being a college student, even though soon after i buy it a new mbp will come out... gosh how apple works makes me so mad hahah but i love apple products.
02-06-2010, 05:01 PM #11
I guess for what I do a faster MBP would just be overkill for me... with snow leopard and then 2.53 core 2 duo with 4gb RAM I don't have any lag whatsoever... and with the 27" iMac purchase I'm just about tapped out... until the iPad comes out of course... and then the iPhone 4G.. wait.. I can dig deeper and look under the couch!
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM #12
If you just wait a month after release you might get the free ipod deal
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM #13
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM #14
But yea my couch is getting empty too...not even a crumb
Last edited by StealthBravo; 02-06-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
02-06-2010, 05:17 PM #15
oh good deal good deal that's good haha hopefully that happens again cause if i'm going to get a pro anyway i might as well get something else with it :P hah can't wait
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM #16
I'll be getting the new MBP in June or July as long as it's more than just a processor change otherwise I'll stick with my 2.66Ghz MBP!!
Hmm hope it comes with 8GB of ram as 4GB isn't enough especially when running Windows 7 too.
02-06-2010, 06:13 PM #17
This was posted 12 hours ago on MacRoumers! After getting frustrated/impatient, I searched Google for "Macbook Pro" by time, surprised to find that one minute old post haha. Cheered my day up!
[Sarcasm]Finally, I *only* have to wait another month or two.[/Sarcasm]
Never thought I'd finally get a Macbook Pro (My Toshiba A200 finally started dying!), just been waiting for the newest model for a few a months now.
Here's some information: :-)
Originally Posted by Steve Mobs (MacRumors.)
How is a NVIDIA card present in the future models?If I've been helpful, please take the time to press the "Thanks" button.
Device: Factory-Unlocked Apple iPhone 3G[S] (Rev. 3)
Firmware: 3.1.2 l Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
Colour: White l RAM: 256MB l HDD: 16GB
iPhone Exploit Status: Blackra1n'ed
- End -
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM #18
02-06-2010, 06:56 PM #19
I'll wait for the tech specs, then make my decision to sell my MacBook Pro or not.Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM #20
I just bought my mbp 2 months ago. But hey I go thru this every year with apple. Had to hold off on the 3gs because of the upgrade. Ill agree that apple is good at tapping you out of any excess income you have
Last edited by clikzip; 02-06-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostAdd me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.