Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 9.0.3 - Minor Fixes and Jailbreak Safe

Default iTunes 9.0.3 - Minor Fixes and Jailbreak Safe

It appears that Apple has released iTunes 9.0.3, an update which corrects some minor bugs. Although I can't say that I have ever run into any syncing problems, apparently this update fixes various problems with Smart Playlists.

One bug however that does come with a warm welcome is the "Remember Password" fix. If you haven't noticed, the previous version would not remember your selection if you chose to remember the password for iTunes purchases. It's about time on this one, I've been getting tired of doing this over and over.

Other than that, no news on the iPad, no news on compatibility with the iPad, and no new features added to iTunes. Although it's a little early for iPad updates, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an update soon that brings iPad support, a bit ahead of the release to ensure everyone is ready.

iTunes 9.0.3 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• iTunes no longer ignores your "Remember password for purchases" setting.
    • Addresses problems with syncing some Smart Playlists and Podcasts with iPod.
    • Resolves a problem recognizing when iPod is connected.
    • Addresses issues that affect stability and performance.
    All of that being said, iTunes 9.0.3 is safe for all you Jailbreakers out there. No need to worry on this update. Go ahead and update as you wish.

Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

hollow0 (02-02-2010), keithlaf (02-02-2010), Shanks12 (02-02-2010)

Good to know. I doubt iTunes will ever effect JBen devices
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Jay wins101 (02-02-2010), jctonett (02-23-2010), przeman25 (02-12-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Good to know. I doubt iTunes will ever effect JBen devices
    of course it has, if you went from itunes 8.x to 9.x (with 3.1.2)you were no longer able to SSH via wifi or browse via USB.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

przeman25 (02-12-2010), youngroy (02-03-2010)

That's was the phone's fault, not iTunes.

Please don't jinx it

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    of course it has, if you went from itunes 8.x to 9.x (with 3.1.2)you were no longer able to SSH via wifi or browse via USB.
    I've equally had problems with itunes when I updated to the previous release...while syncing, I noticed it was deleting some apps it for some reason didn't recognise.

So I went back to the initial release of 9.02 and everything was fine. I've since remained with that version

BTW, has anyone else noticed some problems with the MMI page (kinda 'disappearing' immediately after loading) on the chrome browser? I've tried IE 8 (even though I hate IE), FireFox (my favorite), and no such problems...
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-02-2010 at 03:01 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Good Ol' iTunes!

with the next update they are gonna roll out iPad support and the iBookstore i recon

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iTunes will never affect jailbroken devices, Apple won't do it or they know if no one by passes it iPhone sales will drop.
    Finally they fixed that iPod issue!!! It was causing problems with my iPod Video and sis's iPod Nano. Fixed now since 9.0.3.
    Lol now the quick buttons thing in Windows 7, when you hover your mouse over the iTunes icon, don't work since update.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 02-02-2010 at 07:46 AM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

its about time!!! they've had that smart playlist syncing problem since firmware 3.0
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Thanks

Cool Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    iTunes had nothing to do with that
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

i love the update icon. i'm trying to work on my macbook(lol), and i've got this blue icon going jump, jump, jump! i'm like dude i'm working, and it's like HEY *****! i'm jumping! see? see?

hey! are you listening! here's a popup! what? you x'd it out! here's another one!

jump, jump, jump!

updated yesterday. allways appreciate the hard work done here @Modmyi keeping us up to date. thankyou
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    i'm sterile