Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs: Adobe "Lazy," Google "BS," Next iPhone "an A+"

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs: Adobe "Lazy," Google "BS," Next iPhone "an A+"

As reports trickle out from Steve Jobs's closed-door "town hall" meeting with Apple employees about the company's future plans, one thing is clear: Jobs has lost none of the fire that has made him one of the most colorful figures in US business. In the gathering, convened to discuss the iPad and other upcoming moves for Apple, Jobs excoriated Adobe Systems as "lazy" for sticking with Flash, which he derided as "buggy," and dismissed rival Google's "don't be evil mantra" with an obscenity. He also built up anticipation for the expected fourth-generation iPhone, calling it an "A+ upgrade."

Jobs ripped into Adobe, who made no effort this week to hide their frustration at Apple's refusal to support Flash on the iPhone OS family of devices, according to one employee, who reported on the chief executive's remarks to WIRED Magazine under the condition of anonymity.

They are lazy, they have all this potential to do interesting things but they just refuse to do it. They don’t do anything with the approaches that Apple is taking, like Carbon. Apple does not support Flash because it is so buggy. Whenever a Mac crashes more often than not it’s because of Flash. No one will be using Flash, he says. The world is moving to HTML5.
    The Apple CEO saved perhaps his most aggressive and direct challenges for Google, the search giant that has been increasingly coming into competition with Apple as it releases its own mobile phone and moves to solidify its control over mobile ads. Jobs characterized his reaction as a defensive one, protecting Apple's business interests from attack.

We did not enter the search business, Jobs said. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won’t let them, he says. Someone else asks something on a different topic, but there’s no getting Jobs off this rant. I want to go back to that other question first and say one more thing, he says. This don’t be evil mantra: “It’s [BS].” Audience roars.
    Jobs bolstered persistent rumors indicating that the fourth generation iPhone will be packaged as an Android killer. MacRumors is covering reports - which it had not yet independently confirmed at the time of posting - that he said the new phone would be an "A+ upgrade" to the iPhone 3GS, and that "Apple will deliver aggressive updates to the iPhone in a move the company hope Google's Android effort won't be able to keep up with."

Jobs also, asserted, according to MacRumors, that upgrades to the Mac product line in 2010 would "take Apple to the next level," but that Blu-ray isn't likely to make it to any Apple computer anytime soon. He allegedly referred to the high definition DVD format as a "mess," and said that Apple would only put in the development effort to support Blu-ray when the format was more fully adopted by mass market customers. Blu-ray's advanced copy protection systems like AACS, Electronista reports, are more challenging to implement than the CSS encryption used on standard DVDs.

image via MacLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! He must have something planned to call Adobe, Google, etc out, knowing it will be repeated by employees.

LOL @ This don’t be evil mantra: “It’s [BS].” Audience roars.

They better f*cking not disappoint... if they fail as much as the ipad I don't think I'll keep going with Apple. We can already assume flash won't come to the iPhone which really sucks. I don't think it's a matter of whats the better technology but what's the most popular and right now it is flash. I don't understand the hate for it seriously.

They better bring that damn front facing cam or else I'll be too pissed lol.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks
    Steve Jobs is nuts.

Thanks

Geez, Steve! What did they do to you?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He makes me feel all "LOL" on the inside :3.
    Can't wait for the iPhone upgrade, though. My 3G is starting to piss me off...

Flash isn't buggy, devices are buggy for not running one of the most used web technologies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to snoozkewl For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (01-31-2010)

Flash is Very Very Very buggy, if you knew anything about percentage of crashes and programming languages.

Thanks

Bullspit!
    EDM

dude he sounds like a major a$$hole.

he's taking shots at some big companies.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanmods View Post
    Flash is Very Very Very buggy, if you knew anything about percentage of crashes and programming languages.
    i know im glad flash isnt on the phone
    if i wanted to play a flash game i can buy a similar type in the app store or just wait till i get home and use it on my computer
    apple did make the right choice in not including it but should offer a download for the people who do want it. but then apple wouldnt be able to handle the crash complaints
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think everybody needs to stop ******** about flash not being on the damn phone. Apple has heard enough ******** to know that some people aren't happy about their decision on flash. Boo Hoo I don't have flash. GTFU!

Thanks

This is awesome! This is the competition we want to heat up. It will hopefully bring killer features. I have to say this is unlike Steve though......

".......The world is moving to HTML5."

this is interesting. lets note this and talk about its benefits.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

They are going to have to pull off some major feats to compete with where Android is heading. I just traded my 3Gs for a Nexus One and I can tell you that I'm not looking back so far. I HOPE that iPhone 4 has enough to bring me back but it looks like one thing has been proven here... Competition is goooooood!

I would like to know what else he will do to improve , since the major things he needs to improve he hasn't or refuses to do so . Lets keep the people hanging on for another disapointment like the ipad.

Jobs is full of s**t! The only reason flash is not on the iphone is because it would open the door wide open to user developed games and apps. Flash is an awesome language and 98% of computers have it installed. Everything apple does is to f*** with people. Limiting control of one's property is what mac is all about. If this were not the case we would not need to jailbreak. Gee can't wait for iphone 4g as it may finally have a led flash and maybe oh maybe more space, and maybe a removable battery... All things that could have and should have been on from day one... But of course they had to squeeze every penny out of us with each stupid upgrade. The technology is there and has been there... They are the ones who choose not to use it. F*** apple! Thank god for jailbreak!
    Last edited by aomphantom; 01-31-2010 at 02:41 PM.

No one cares who or what you are going to do if Apple doesn't deliver what you want. This was supposed to be a closed door meeting in which someone who doesn't value their career blabbed about the topics of discussion. Anyone who doesn't think that happens behind the closed door meetings of other big companies needs to get some lube and a pry bar to unstick their head from their anus because they are shoulder deep. Be thankful for the hard nosed competition, its what drives this market.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    They better f*cking not disappoint... if they fail as much as the ipad I don't think I'll keep going with Apple. We can already assume flash won't come to the iPhone which really sucks. I don't think it's a matter of whats the better technology but what's the most popular and right now it is flash. I don't understand the hate for it seriously.

They better bring that damn front facing cam or else I'll be too pissed lol.
    Apple doesn't care that flash is popular. They don't follow trends, they make them.
    #eli7e revived me

Steve angry!!!
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast