+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs: Adobe "Lazy," Google "BS," Next iPhone "an A+"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by wilsongeorge Steve angry!!! LOL! Steve Smash!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    Steve angry!!!
    LOL! Steve Smash!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    They better f*cking not disappoint... if they fail as much as the ipad I don't think I'll keep going with Apple. We can already assume flash won't come to the iPhone which really sucks. I don't think it's a matter of whats the better technology but what's the most popular and right now it is flash. I don't understand the hate for it seriously.

They better bring that damn front facing cam or else I'll be too pissed lol.
    Oh come on, get over yourself. You aren't going anywhere. You will continue using apple products because they are the best, and there's a reason why - technological progress depends on them.

Here's a quote:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

óGEORGE BERNARD SHAW, "MAXIMS FOR REVOLUTIONISTS", MAN AND
    SUPERMAN, 1903

Rejecting flash, however it inconvenient it may be, will force progress.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Chill out
    I'm pretty sure that Daring Fireball has made it clear that they were paraphrasing what Steve said and blowing all of it way out of proportion and context, so all you guys can get off your knees now. Steve Jobs isn't stupid. He wouldn't bash a partner like Google like this, it would be worse for him and Apple in the long run.

And saying that most of app crashes on a Mac are because of flash is a huge load of ********. I just tried to open a new tab to go to daringfireball.net and Safari locked up tighter than a drum for a good 45 seconds. iTunes doesn't use flash and crashes regularly when I try and sync my phone. Good thing Safari got with Chrome and started treating plugin crashes so they wouldn't bring down the whole browser. Way to go there Apple.

Flash isn't on the iPad/iPhone/iPod because it does suck like they say. I don't want stupid ads, crappy games, and any more security exploits that I don't already have thanks. But anything Apple doesn't do to their hardware or software is solely to lock you into their ecosystem. If you think that's not the reason they don't support Blu-Ray, HDMI or any other format they don't like you're a moron.

"Don't support Blu-Ray? Why there's iTunes over there just waiting for you to buy/rent movies that aren't true hi-def. Go buy a few! Don't have the video outputs you need? Here's a few adapters we can ding you 30 bucks for! What's that? Your headphones don't fit in the port on your iPhone? That sucks. Hey we've got these awesome headphones with a clicky thing that fits right in there, only 30 bucks and they're yours!"

*Disclaimer* I love Apple, and I'll never buy another PC as long as they are superior.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Apple doesn't care that flash is popular. They don't follow trends, they make them.
    By making arrogant arses out of all of us

Edit: Apple has become the very thing they hated, It's iSad lol
    Last edited by dsg; 01-31-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

This is absolutely amazing!
    I really loved this news!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of all that is said I am happy that they at least view android as comeptition. Maybe this way we will see a nicer upgrade to the iphone hardware and maybe even software. As to the statement about flash and how html5 is what people are moving to... I remember him saying something similar about MMS versus e-mail.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

"Patiently" waiting for the "Big" future updates and 4th Gen iPhone...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    dude he sounds like a major a$.

he's taking shots at some big companies.
    I read a book in Jobs and from the book, it does sound like he is an a$$hole. Brilliant but an a$$hole nonetheless.

My professor said in class, "great artist steal and Jobs is a great artist."

take that for what is worth.

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm if they want to beat Googles Android, they need to up their game as the nexus one is just the beginning of awesome Android phones. I'll wait and see if the iPhone 4G th gen is any good, if not I'll stick with iPhone till the second version of the google phone.

Why doesn't Adobe or someone just bring flash through Cydia!!!! That'll show Jobs.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 01-31-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Steve-o jobs for President!!! hahahha

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is always gonna make sure that at the end of the day thay they are in control. The iPad...it's pretty, but is it really that functional?? I can do evertyhing it does from my 3G. And as far as what iWork...who cares. I can do that on my desktop. You cant download anything but Apple apps to it...WTF? They lock it down so all you can do benifits them. F*** that. Bring it Apple....lets see what you got. I see more and more ppl are dropping iPhones and going to the Android Platform. Stop talkin sh** and put ur money where ur mouth is. And the Blu-Ray statement...is he serious? Blu-Ray has no competition....even if they did, nothing even supports over 1080p, so why would anyone change? Seems to me Blu-Ray will be around for a while....unless they plan to take over that market too........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its both funny and strange at what apple does some times. I think jobs learned a ton from gates back in the day after apple stole the gui from xerox and M$ stole it from apple.

jobs reminds me of the villin off of the movie anti trust

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I love Jobs! I think we could be friends

Quote Originally Posted by onelow99 View Post
    Apple is always gonna make sure that at the end of the day thay they are in control. The iPad...it's pretty, but is it really that functional?? I can do evertyhing it does from my 3G. And as far as what iWork...who cares. I can do that on my desktop. You cant download anything but Apple apps to it...WTF? They lock it down so all you can do benifits them. F*** that. Bring it Apple....lets see what you got. I see more and more ppl are dropping iPhones and going to the Android Platform. Stop talkin sh** and put ur money where ur mouth is. And the Blu-Ray statement...is he serious? Blu-Ray has no competition....even if they did, nothing even supports over 1080p, so why would anyone change? Seems to me Blu-Ray will be around for a while....unless they plan to take over that market too........
    I loled! You must not be very observant...

I can do evertyhing it does from my 3G. And as far as what iWork...who cares. I can do that on my desktop.
    That is the whole reason the iPad exists, it bridges the gap between the iPhone and Mac product lines. You can do it on your desktop eh? I would love to see you carry around your desktop with you everywhere you go. Yea, you might be able to do a lot of the same things on an iPhone, but the iPhone has a 3.5 inch screen opposed to a 10" screen
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-31-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    That is the whole reason the iPad exists, it bridges the gap between the iPhone and Mac product lines. You can do it on your desktop eh? I would love to see you carry around your desktop with you everywhere you go. Yea, you might be able to do a lot of the same things on an iPhone, but the iPhone has a 3.5 inch screen opposed to a 10" screen
    This is one of the biggest differences between the iPhone and the iPad. The iPhone is designed for a very wide spectrum of users. Where the iPad is for a much more limited gap of users. See, it's not small enough to be as portable as an iPhone, requiring some kind of case and bag to be placed in. But if you're going to replace your laptop with it - then you won't get the "full" notebook experience you would get in a MBP for example. I would be really excited about this product if it had OSX. And of course he's not going to carry his desktop around - not everyone in the workforce is required to work remotely. And those who do already have a notebook. Which we were hoping the iPad replaced - but as of now it falls way short of a notebook.

So yes - it's somewhere in between a Mac and an iPhone. But I honestly don't see it anywhere near as successful as either of those. We needed a compact Macbook - not an oversized iPod Touch.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

15. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

brandonmarback (02-01-2010)

Thanks

interesting to hear this cant wait to see what amazing features steve rolls out with. the next iphone a A+, that sounds to good to be true but we just gotta wait and see, im waiting in anticipation for the next phon3
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is going for a kill. Can't wait for the next iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Why (hopefully) the iPhone 4 wont suck
    In a recent Gizmodo post 8 (or so reasons) were listed as to why the iPad sucks - 8 Things That Suck About the iPad - apple ipad - Gizmodo

I think if the following things are not a part of the iPhone refresh we are all waiting for this year, iPhone 4 or whatever they call it can be considered as colossal of a letdown as the iPad:

1. Multitasking- the tech is there, consumer demand is there, Apple needs to get it done, plain and simple.

2. UI updates- Android and other competitors are pumping out some pretty attractive software recently, and Apple is way behind. The black and blue has got to go.

3. Notification System- As the "DROID" commercials have pointed out, there is a better way to do a native notification system than obtrusive pop-ups that stop you from what you are doing (GRiP anyone???)

4. (This is item is not so much a requirement, but just seems to be a natural progression and would seem to be a glaring omission if not included) Customization/Modification- Anyone who has ever used Winterboard knows its an iPhone speed/performance killer, and it appears Apple is loosing the grip on forcing everyone to stare at their App icons in the black abyss, based on the photos and video of the iPad. Again, not a deal breaker like the previous three, but it would just be a little ridiculous to leave out.

Anything I didn't include that you guys think is an essential upgrade for the next version of iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

GG apple, relationships mean nothing when you have a mass share like AT&T exclusivity. also GG when trashing adobe, google, and blu-ray. at least third-party and PC manufactures take the leap to put bleeding edge technology into consumers hands (that is not 99% proprietary might I add). Sure apple drops some really great products but at what cost? a pussy on a pedestal...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoozkewl View Post
    Flash isn't buggy, devices are buggy for not running one of the most used web technologies.
    Idiot. It stalls and crashes Safari and Firefox constantly and Windows users comment on the same . Thank god for clicktoflash. You can drive a truck through the holes in its security, and Firefox is dropping support for it too. Sorry you're in love with popular kiddy flash games, but time for Adobe to drop into the 21st century.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would love the 4g to have an oled screen with maybe a higher resolution and high quality 720p video recording which I'm sure we will not get.
    Last edited by swifty7; 02-01-2010 at 02:26 AM.