Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tablet Likely to Run iPhone Apps

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Tablet Likely to Run iPhone Apps

Only forty-eight hours away from knowing all we could ever want to know about the new Apple tablet, and yet the speculations continue to swirl about the forthcoming tablet. We've all heard by now that the tablet will effectively serve as a gigantic iPhone. Further evidence to support this theory is presented today by the folks at Flurry, an analytics firm that is shedding light on the worst kept secret in the tech world.

Using Flurry Analytics, the company identified approximately 50 devices that match the characteristics of Apple's rumored tablet device. Because Flurry could reliably "place" these devices geographically on Apple's Cupertino campus, we have a fair level of confidence that we are observing a group of pre-release tablets in testing.
    At present, iPhones and iPod touch devices run on the 3.1.2 version of the OS. With the tablet already widely expected to run the same OS, Flurry is pointing to their findings as evidence of such.

On these devices, Flurry observed approximately 200 different applications in use by testers. Studying category trends provides insight into the kind of user Apple is targeting and how it expects the device to be used.
    Despite the hopes of many who made a mad dash to the Flurry report, it does not serve up any info on the overall look or design of the tablet. This is strictly an analytical report on the tablet's suspected operating system and its rumored ability to run iPhone applications.

Apple is presently gearing up for its January 27 mega event where "Come see our latest creation" is the headlining banner. Steve Jobs is likely going to be on hand to personally unveil the tablet.

Image via Flurry

Thanks

First, My Birthday is Jan 27 and this Tablet were born on the same day woo hoo!

Thanks

****. I was looking forward to get a tablet. Not a big iPhone

Just another rumor. I doubt Apple is this stupid.

Also could be a hint that the new device isn't a tablet at all, but just the iPhone 4G.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 01-25-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@mikerlx. Possibly the gayest comment to date. Can't believe you
    still try and say first on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post

Also could be a hint that the new device isn't a tablet at all, but just the iPhone 4G.
    Not sure how you roll, but I personally couldn't fit a 10" screen in my pocket.
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

if it's a giant iphone i'm gonna be pissed unless it has hella more features than the iphone does and i mean a lot more features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    if it's a giant iphone i'm gonna be pissed unless it has hella more features than the iphone does and i mean a lot more features

I think apples knows that people won't like a huge iphone unless it offers something the iphone doesn't have. OR they know were gonna get it anyways because they have us hooked hahaha.

btw GET out of my computer >:[
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gthugballin For This Useful Post:

santaf (01-25-2010)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    I think apples knows that people won't like a huge iphone unless it offers something the iphone doesn't have. OR they know were gonna get it anyways because they have us hooked hahaha.

btw GET out of my computer >:[
    yeah i figured as much haha i had the same though proccess as you i almost said and even if not... i'll still try to get it anyway just because it's the latest apple thing haha. and no muahhahha :P j/k

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post

Agree, I believe the new product won't be what everyone is expecting.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

I have the birthday of the iphone 29th of june

well, we will all see in less than 48 hours
    killall Terminal[]

This will fail worse than the newton if it isn't a snow leopard based tablet. For a grand I'd rather buy a MacBook air. Or TWO iPhones.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

all i care about is iphone 4.0
    and we thought 3.0 was huge when it came out

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Tablet, please don't be a giant iPhone...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

The price an OS should tell us a lot about apple, if we get I giant iPhone for 600 that shows us that when we buy our macs we are paying for OSX