Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 27-inch iMacs Delayed, Again

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 27-inch iMacs Delayed, Again

For the second time in its short history, Apple's 27" iMac is subject yet again to shipping delays, with its scheduled turnaround shown at 3 weeks on the online Apple Store, AppleInsider reports. Just a few days ago, estimated shipping times were less than a week. Coming just a week after resellers again started to receive volume shipments of the flagship model, the unexplained delay could indicate ongoing quality problems.

When it was initially released in October, many users reported power problems with the computers not booting when they were taken out of the box. Apple replaced some of these units, as well as ones with cracked screens. Last month Apple notified Apple Stores and Apple Shops that new iMac shipments would be delayed by two weeks. Apple apologized for the delay, but did not directly address any service issues. Meanwhile, Apple's Support forums filled with multiple threads complaining about display issues. The computer maker released a firmware update purporting to address display flickering, but many users complained that issues - including flickering, yellowing, and dropped-out pixels - continued. These issues have not been reported with Apple’s 21.5-inch iMac.

The 27-inch iMac was the best-selling desktop machine last quarter. Apple may be moving to squelch potential complaints ahead of its big announcement next week, but for the time being, the company is not giving any explanation for the delay.

image via Cult of Mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bummer

Couldn't this also indicate high demand and QUANTITY not QUALITY problems?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Why? I hope Apple tests the products property next time before shipping them.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Just went to the Apple Store today. 27 inch is too big, It's hurt my eyes. I don't know y people would like to a computer with the screen that big.

high demand? low test quality? eh...who knows...when jack in the box was being investigated for ecoli in the early 90's. do you think they made sure more ecoli was produced? i think its demand.
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Couldn't this also indicate high demand and QUANTITY not QUALITY problems?
    no. the precedent that has been set is one of quality control problems. hence the litany of issues mentioned in the article provided.

to assume it'd be something other than the obvious is...take the rose-colored glasses off.