Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Teen Arrested For "Terror Threat" at Apple Store

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Teen Arrested For "Terror Threat" at Apple Store

According to a report in The New York Post, a New York teenager has been charged with threatening to blow up an Apple computer store in a deadly suicide bombing. The "threat" was typed in a Stickies note on the screen of one of the display computers in the store. The young man said the note was a joke, but authorities are taking it seriously... and he may be sentenced with up to seven years in jail if he is convicted of the crime.

Jason Barry, age 17, went to the Apple Store in the Staten Island Mall on Monday and typed a note on a display computer that was either a stupid, insensitive prank or a chilling threat. Barry told police it was a joke when he wrote "I have threatened your store and all its employees with a bloody death" and that "the innocent citizens that walk in will be eliminated." The authorities say it was a serious threat that they could not ignore.

"Although this defendant claims he was joking, a letter threatening to inflict ‘a bloody death …’ is no joking matter," said Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan. "There are serious consequences for this type of reckless behavior. In the post-9/11 world, especially in light of recent terrorist plots against our country, behavior of this type must be taken seriously."

The note was left on the Mac's screen, and authorities were notified upon its discovery. Witnesses who were in the Apple store at the time identified Barry as the note's author, according to the district attorney's office. Barry was arrested at home soon after, and was arraigned in Staten Island Criminal Court on the charge of making a terroristic threat - a felony offense which carries a potential jail sentence of up to seven years.

Barry signed the note with the name of the father of one of his friends who was with him at the store. His parents posted his bail on Wednesday afternoon.

image via Gizmodo Australia
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 01-17-2010 at 11:37 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

andy721 (01-17-2010), carloqt (01-17-2010), Rican Bx Bomba (01-17-2010)

WOW thats something else right there idk id say that he wasn't serious but still to detailed of a note and he should be prosecuted
    and first

good i hope he does get in further trouble just for being stupid. everyone knows you dont leave death threats on computer screens...you leave a message for hot women to call you

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

its amazing how many stupid people there are in this country, and stupid people like this shouldnt even be able to walk free, but one question comes to mind, who would want to bomb an apple store? typical Microsoft attack....
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Thanks

These anti-mac guys are really nuts! "I'm a PC and I am going to blow your brains out".

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    These anti-mac guys are really nuts! "I'm a PC and I am going to blow your brains out".
    anti-mac or local hooker. you make the call

What a little high school punk. That is no joking matter in these times. That kid should know better. He deserves to be punished.

Make him volunteer to help the relief aid in Haiti. Let him see what an actual fallen building with dead bodies inside actually looks like.

....what a punk...
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I hope he gets the max

what a dumba$$

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I say fine the kid $500 bucks and send him on his way. He made a bonehead move, but he's no "terrorist" as the US government would say.

can imagine how ****** his life will be if he gets 7 years? he'll be 24, have no high school diploma. xD. perfect, give the idiot what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I hope he gets the max
    Agreed, what a stupid kid. How dare he threaten our apples
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

what an absolute moron
    killall Terminal[]

Stupid people should not be allowed to reproduce...

Stupid person + stupid person = that kid...

I say, throw the book at him. Douche bags like this don't care about people fearing for their lives in a time of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I hope he gets the max
    I hope he gets more than the max...and to those who say this idiot is no terrorist, I think you're wrong and have not read the full story.
    The article did say this low-life signed the note with the name of the father of one of his friends who happened to be with him at the time.
    He clearly knew what he was doing and to think he'd planned to frame someone else shows he was in a right frame of mind, and I believe he had every intention of carrying out this threat!!

Such miscreants should not be members of a civilised society and should be locked away and the keys destroyed...peroid!!!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    You watch too many of those Mac vs PC commercial if you think this is anti-mac person. Rest of the the world knows it is a dumb teen doing stupid prank before 18 so it would not stay on his record.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    You watch too many of those Mac vs PC commercial if you think this is anti-mac person. Rest of the the world knows it is a dumb teen doing stupid prank before 18 so it would not stay on his record.
    That was a joke.... It's ok to laugh...
    Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post

Barry signed the note with the name of the father of one of his friends who was with him at the store.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast