Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intel Spills The Beans on Big MacBook Pro Update?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Intel Spills The Beans on Big MacBook Pro Update?

The new promotional piece from Intel spells it out pretty clearly. After some fairly proficient postulating, it turns out that Apple fans who predicted Cupertino embracing Intel's latest processors into its MacBook offerings may be proven correct. Despite some rumblings about when it may happen, we now have some evidence to suggest that it will, indeed, happen. Earlier today, CNET served up coverage of the news.

The world learned of the apparent development as the result of an e-mail promotion that hit the email inbox of people engaged in the Intel Retail Edge Program (IREP), which is "a training program for Intel sales representatives." The inference, of course, is that Apple is on board to adopt the hottest processors on the market.

According to the text from the promotional material: "January Prize Draw: Win a MacBook Pro. Pass this month's trainings for 2 chances to win one of 2 MacBook Pro laptops with the accelerated response of an Intel Core i5 processor."

It looks like Intel has, in fact, leaked the forthcoming availability of Core i5-powered MacBook Pros, which may appear at a rumored Apple media event believed to be scheduled for January 27 at Yerba Buena Arts Center. At any rate, it appears that the "when" question has been answered, which is to say, "soon."
    By all accounts, this information comes to us via a leak... and a pretty significant one. For now, Intel isn't about to confirm whether their big reveal was intentional or otherwise. According to CNET, Intel won't issue a formal comment, yet they did acknowledge an "error on IREP" that is currently undergoing investigation.

It could have been a mistake in the language in the e-mail, or--and this seems more likely--the mistake could have been that it was sent out too early. MacBook Pros with Arrandale architecture, which includes the Core i5 processor, have been anticipated for some time, as my colleague Brooke Crothers wrote on Monday. Check out his post for more about what to expect if Apple does indeed add Intel's latest silicon to its notebook lineup.
    There's no shortage of MacBook Pro users who would thoroughly dig this development, if it does, in fact, prove to be legit. Although there's talk of an "error," it's much more likely that Intel just accidentally revealed too much information too soon.

Image via CNET

Haha, I called this a few weeks ago!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

damnit! i just bought a new one. Should've waited

Thanks

I need to upgrade my MacBook Pro before it comes out.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

i have a macbook, it's less than a year old. i gotta say, they are complete ****. compared in any way, operating system, hardware, etc. for example, did you know in the default email app, you can't rename your email folder?!?! as in, ryan's email, ect. they only show up as comcast 1, etc. but the best thing of all? NO WORD PROCESSOR! not even wordpad! go buy a pc, really.

Lol, u must not Know how to use a mac then

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Lol, u must not Know how to use a mac then
    obv. i just got one for christmas and it has been a great transition i love it sad there is a better one coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am ready to buy the new one!!!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i have a macbook, it's less than a year old. i gotta say, they are complete ****. compared in any way, operating system, hardware, etc. for example, did you know in the default email app, you can't rename your email folder?!?! as in, ryan's email, ect. they only show up as comcast 1, etc. but the best thing of all? NO WORD PROCESSOR! not even wordpad! go buy a pc, really.
    Wow, its amazing you've made it this far lol, cause if you can't figure out how to use a Mac..well let's just leave it at that..

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I am ready to buy the new one!!!
    I am ALWAYS ready!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

You know it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Exclamation Spend some more time with your mac
    and you will find...

i have a macbook, it's less than a year old. i gotta say, they are complete ****. compared in any way, operating system, hardware, etc. for example, did you know in the default email app, you can't rename your email folder?!?! Go to Preferences (Command+comma) then the account tab, then change "Description"as in, ryan's email, ect. they only show up as comcast 1, etc. but the best thing of all? NO WORD PROCESSOR! Look in your Applications folder for a program called "TextEdit" <--There's your word processor! not even wordpad! go buy a pc, really. No, go spend more time with your mac and explore it before coming on here and saying what it doesn't do when you don't know **** about it cause you never looked...

Thanks

One of the worst complains I have ever heard and yet it can be changed.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

I take it that you're the fat guy in the PC vs MAC commercials.

Been waiting to buy my MBP til the the new release. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post
    I take it that you're the fat guy in the PC vs MAC commercials.
    Funny thing is that in real life he is a huge apple fan boy

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

can't wait to hear more about this, if you didn't see it coming you're blind. that's really funny to read about the kid who can't find a word processor. if you can't get a mac running, then you might as well give up on computers, you might end up jeopardizing the well being of yourself or a friend.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

not sure if im quite ready for a new MBP. as im still exploring and having fun with the one i have now. but im allways game for newer and better as soon as im bored
    killall Terminal[]

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm I will only upgrade if there's a HDMI output with sound and Blu Ray.
    P.S Anyone know if Apple takes dents out of the MBP as I don't know how it happened but I got a dent on the right hand side and it's kind of pushing the bottom panel out by about 3mm? It's the latest 2.66Ghz MBP 15" and still has warranty.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hmmm I will only upgrade if there's a HDMI output with sound and Blu Ray.
    P.S Anyone know if Apple takes dents out of the MBP as I don't know how it happened but I got a dent on the right hand side and it's kind of pushing the bottom panel out by about 3mm? It's the latest 2.66Ghz MBP 15" and still has warranty.
    yeah.. same happened to mine, it ended up rendering the HDD and Optical Drive useless.. fortunately Apple replaced both free of charge, but said i would have to pay to remove dents...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast