+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FingerWorks.com Goes Offline, Apple Fanatics Stir Up Frenzy

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Less than 24 hours after discovering that Fingerworks.com had gone black, the speculation surrounding the yanking of the site has blossomed full bloom into an "obvious" indication to conspiracy theorists
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default FingerWorks.com Goes Offline, Apple Fanatics Stir Up Frenzy

Less than 24 hours after discovering that Fingerworks.com had gone black, the speculation surrounding the yanking of the site has blossomed full bloom into an "obvious" indication to conspiracy theorists that technology utilized in the forthcoming Apple tablet must have been on display at Fingerworks.com.

According to those claiming to be "in the know," this move is simply Cupertino's endeavor to divert attention away from such technology during these last few days before the tablet is formally unveiled. Naturally, however, taking the site down has only directed more attention to the very digital territory Apple apparently doesn't want us paying much attention too.

From ComputerWorld:

The content of Fingerworks.com has been removed this week after remaining online for nearly 5 years after the acquisition of the company by Apple. The removal seems to correspond with the impending announcement of an Apple tablet later this month. ... Up until last week, Fingerworks.com retained photographs and details about their multi-touch keyboards and gesture pads they released for Macs years ago.
    If Apple's decision to pull the site does in fact correspond with the tablet's big reveal, the real story here is not a potential short term "cover up" or distraction. The most exciting aspect of this development could be the indication that Apple is aggressively striving to fuse a broad range of technologies together to create innovative products and awesome new user experiences.

It's been widely expected that this sort of all purpose multi-touch interface will be offered in Apple's upcoming tablet. Wayne Westerman who was one of the founders of Fingerworks has since been the author of many multi-touch patent applications from Apple, including advanced gesturing implementations for Mac OS X.
    Apple has seemingly charted a course that could make the mouse an ancient relic of a bygone era - a potential reality that seems to sit well with Mac users and Apple fans anticipating the tablet and the "fresh user experience" that may accompany its arrival.

Image via FingerWorks

Thanks

Wow...the wait for this thing is killing!!!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-12-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think the excitement and hype over the tablet as come and gone personally.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, come out already.

Thanks

i want to control the curser with my mind
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Everybody look a man in austrailia fixed his toilet!! This means the itablet with a 9.0 ghz i12 processor is imminent!!

Seriously when it does come out half these rumors are going to loook like a joke like they always are.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post

You could...if you had one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    You can, you use your mind to send electrical signels to your hand and your hand moves the mouse wich moves the curser.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly i've never even heard of this website. Had i've known i would've checked out all of these photos to have some idea of what the tablet would look like. Oh well, i'm still looking forward to the iPhone mostly. I don't care much for the tablet.

Thanks

I too have never heard of this site until now. The suspense is killing me. I think this year will be the biggest year by far, for Apple once the tablet and 4G iPhones are released. I cannot wait!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

who cares
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...