+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paranoia Looms After Apple Store Shoppers Targeted By Follow Home Thieves

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by shadow25 I can't believe what society has turned into.. "Its just stuff!" No, its not. How do you pay for your stuff? You worked for the money
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    I can't believe what society has turned into..

"Its just stuff!"
    No, its not. How do you pay for your stuff? You worked for the money to buy your stuff, so when something is stolen, they stole a piece of your life.

Your $200 iPhone? Making $20/hr, thats more than 10 hours of your life. Then the time to earn money to replace it

People need to quit giving in and fight back. Most criminals contiune what they do because there is a very small percentage of people that will actually do anything. They know if they get caught (which is rarely) its a slap on the wrist!

fyi, most "criminals" out there, don't carry a weapon on them, they rely on look and acting tough.

I'm getting carried away, I hate people who would rather get **** on then stand up and do whatevers nessacary to stop people.

Pretty simple, you don't need a gun or a knife. Go with a couple friends. A criminal would go after granny walking out with a Macbook Pro before 3 25 year old guys with macbooks.
    Exactly what i was thinking. and thats just an iPhone.
    I bought my 15 inch MBP on federal minimum wage, care to calculate how many hours of my life were stolen from me had I been robbed?

EDIT: at least 275 hours
    Last edited by dale2; 01-12-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: More info

Thanks

I will put my Apple product in a Target bag and just in case, bring a weapon.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    Please follow me home, break into my house! Unless the laws have changed I can legally kill you in Texas in my house. Lots of aggression I need to take out!
    texas has the coolest laws. dont they also give out a handgun for every bottle of liquor purchased? wait that was family guy
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    texas has the coolest laws. dont they also give out a handgun for every bottle of liquor purchased? wait that was family guy
    Yep, I stop by the liquor store, grab a bottle of scotch,(take a large shot) go next door to the Shoot Shack,(take a large shot of scotch) buy a gun, (take a large shot of scotch), run next door to the Apple store (take a large shot of scotch).
    Buy a mac or something I cant afford but damn it I love it and cant help it and am now drunk and pissed...(take a large shot of scotch)
    Go ahead, follow me home! stagger, stagger (take a large shot of scotch)

Thanks

Apples next device....

THE iGlock with touchflow technology!!!!!!!

Thanks

@kartracer-you've obviously never seen what a .380 ACP can do to a kneecap. No one short of Sam Fisher is gonna do anything but lay on the ground howling once that bullet blasts thru.

Thanks

No matter how we look at it this really sux. Hopefully things get better before they get worse.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I stop by the liquor store, grab a bottle of scotch,(take a large shot) go next door to the Shoot Shack,(take a large shot of scotch) buy a gun, (take a large shot of scotch), run next door to the Apple store (take a large shot of scotch).
    Buy a mac or something I cant afford but damn it I love it and cant help it and am now drunk and pissed...(take a large shot of scotch)
    Go ahead, follow me home! stagger, stagger (take a large shot of scotch)
    replace scotch with some bourbon and that's more like Texas...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its easier to defend your self in court against a dead body, then a wounded "victim" (criminal). Shoot to kill.

Just this weekend my house was robbed. Took a freshly jailbroken iphone that I was going to give to my wife and my touch, among ALLOT of other things. Even though I can replace every thing that was stolen. It still just takes allot out of you. Now every day I go to work, Im thinking about my house. This Saturday, Im going to miss a first birthday party because Im paranoid about leaving the house vacant at night, (we were robbed last Saturday night). I cant sleep well, my body is all stressed. Its starting to affect my work. In fact I took today off because I need to change all my bank accounts. I almost had a break down the other day when I was talking to a friend, he asked if anyone was home. Then I just started thinking about what if my father in law was here watching my 14 month old daughter and they got hurt.
    Sorry for the rant.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nktrnl For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (01-13-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nktrnl View Post
    Its easier to defend your self in court against a dead body, then a wounded "victim" (criminal). Shoot to kill.

Just this weekend my house was robbed. Took a freshly jailbroken iphone that I was going to give to my wife and my touch, among ALLOT of other things. Even though I can replace every thing that was stolen. It still just takes allot out of you. Now every day I go to work, Im thinking about my house. This Saturday, Im going to miss a first birthday party because Im paranoid about leaving the house vacant at night, (we were robbed last Saturday night). I cant sleep well, my body is all stressed. Its starting to affect my work. In fact I took today off because I need to change all my bank accounts. I almost had a break down the other day when I was talking to a friend, he asked if anyone was home. Then I just started thinking about what if my father in law was here watching my 14 month old daughter and they got hurt.
    Sorry for the rant.
    If someone breaks into my home, and threatens my kids (a son and twin girls)..thats their swan song. I hear what ur saying about to shoot to kill, and if I didn't live in the most liberal state in the lower 48, I'd agree whole heartedly. Unfortunately where I reside, giving a potential robber (not home invader) exactly what he deserves (a double tap) is frowned upon...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

Note to self - don't leave big expensive apple product unattended.

Haha I don't shop at the malls in LA city anyways. And the LA county malls I go to don't have apple stores. It's all about Orange County malls haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    If someone breaks into my home, and threatens my kids (a son and twin girls)..thats their swan song. I hear what ur saying about to shoot to kill, and if I didn't live in the most liberal state in the lower 48, I'd agree whole heartedly. Unfortunately where I reside, giving a potential robber (not home invader) exactly what he deserves (a double tap) is frowned upon...:

Here in TX you can double tap the moment they place a toe on your property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Same in FL, plus I gots my CCW, so back tha F- off me and my apples!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

There was a story here a couple months ago where some dudes were breaking into this guys toolbox on his truck. He ran out shot one of them, then chased the one fleeing in a car and shot him from the street. He didn't get in trouble. You don't mess with someone's property here.

Thanks

@stealthbravo-I might hate the cowboys, but I love the hell out of the laws in Texas.

@melech-in florida people get tactical backup to help stop criminals.......lucky floridians!!
    Last edited by creasy425; 01-13-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

lol @ left coast

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

shoot them but dont kill them leave them, to bleed, go to jail and have a scar to remind them of their stupidity
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So we had the cops come by the other day to full out more paperwork, my wife knew the officer. He said there is this one guy that I known and targets big screen tv's (we had a 46" & 52" stolen). Late dec they had him in custody, and most of the robberies stopped in our area. They had a witness, but they didn't want to testafiy so the had to let him go. Right after he go out the robberies went up again a week or so before my house got hit. The wife was totaly against me owning a gun, but now she's some what thinking about it. F'n crooks! And yeah my state frowns against it too, but I'll take my chances.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12