+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snow Leopard Malware Blocker Left for Dead

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by hollow0 Wow man i just checked this out and it really is made for the Mac. I have another program at home for firewall but can't remember
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Wow man i just checked this out and it really is made for the Mac. I have another program at home for firewall but can't remember the name. I want to try this one out. How is it during using the Mac? Does it slow anything down? I would only be using the netbarrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    Yea, it does look good, but I would prefer a trial method before dropping the cash for this program to ensure I am satisfied with its performance and backgrounding...
    completely non intrusive. doesnt lag anything (net barrier).[unless doing a full hardrive scan on a new update. as its rescaning EVERY file with its new information] but thats understandable. just do these types of scans overnight before you go to bed. otherwise standard scans while doing other things dont intrude.[unless your accessing the files its trying to scan] but again that makes sense too. otherwise i have no idea its even there. when scanning for viruses first time and when it has updates, it can take quite a while to scan. [full system] about a few hours. has trial downloads for both, if you want to test interface. i prefer loading these types of programs from disk, to ensure im installing a "clean" version. so i bought. net barrier is allways by default running in background [has ZERO lag regardless what is going on] will not turn off unless you manually override. then on next bootup it by default turns itself back on. allways protecting you. has a vast library of threats to protect against. and you can edit them as you like to your taste. net barrier has like one update a year [virus barrier very often]. and you have to renew your subscriptions every year to continually get updates for both. it will still work if you dont renew. just will be on the last update you installed. subscriptions cost vary depending on software installed.
    Last edited by rhekt; 01-08-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

oh, id also like to mention macscan from SECUREMAC. works very efficiently
    killall Terminal[]

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12