Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Asks Court to Bar US Imports of iPhones, iMacs, iPods

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Nokia Asks Court to Bar US Imports of iPhones, iMacs, iPods

Further escalating an already hot legal war, Nokia last week asked a federal court last week to prevent Apple from importing pretty much every product it currently makes into the US, including most iPhone, iMac and iPod models. The Finnish cellphone manufacturer, largest in the world, already had sued Apple for patent infringement on the iPhone, and Apple countersued.

The lawsuit is almost word-for-word the same as the complaint the Nokia submitted to the US International Trade Commission (ITC) on December 29. That complaint also demanded that Apple be barred from bringing into the US any of the products - all manufactured overseas - that Nokia claimed infringed their patents.

In the US federal court in the state of Delaware, Nokia asked for the equivalent of a legal neutron bomb to be dropped on Apple.
    Nokia prays for judgment and relief against Apple ... for a permanent injunction enjoining Apple, its officers, agents, servants, employees and all other persons in concert or participation with it from further infringement, contributory infringement, and inducement of infringement of the Asserted Patents.
    According to the lawsuit, most of Apple's product line infringes one or more of seven Nokia patents: the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS; the iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod classic; the iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pro desktops; and the MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebooks.

Nokia first sued the computer manufacturer in October, claiming that Apple's iPhone infringed on ten of its patents and said that Apple was trying "to get a free ride on the back of Nokia's innovation." Apple slapped back at Nokia, suing them back in December and claiming that Nokia infringed 13 Apple patents.

image via Engadget

Thanks

that is sick.....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Big company sue small ones or individuals they automatically wins because small companies and individuals just gives up because of cost involved.
    Big company sue each other they tie each other up in litigation as well as filing so many suit it ties up the court system, it gets dragged on forever until someone settles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-06-2010)

Nokia is stupid... how could they ever think bout something like that?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Nokia is being a big baby, whining and complaining to get what they want. There's no way they're gunna stop Apple from importing all those products! We understand that back in the day you guys were on top with the phone's, and now that smartphone has taken over you're getting left in the dust, but you just need to suck it up.

Nokia is right. Apple doesn't innovate, just steals technology and puts it into a flashy designed shell. For Apple is worth stealing because it's easier and faster to make 10 billion dollars from stolen tech and then settle with 100 million when they are getting sued. Small companies rarely afford to hold a trial till the end and the bigger ones mostly settle at a advantageous price for Apple. If royalties would be fairly payed Apple would lose alot more money.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    Nokia is right. Apple doesn't innovate, just steals technology and puts it into a flashy designed shell. For Apple is worth stealing because it's easier and faster to make 10 billion dollars from stolen tech and then settle with 100 million when they are getting sued. Small companies rarely afford to hold a trial till the end and the bigger ones mostly settle at a advantageous price for Apple. If royalties would be fairly payed Apple would lose alot more money.
    So what technology did Apple steal? And in this same topic didn't it say that Nokia infringed on 13 of Apples' patents? But yet you only say Apple steals... hmm...
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-06-2010 at 07:21 AM.

HAhaha go on apple have never liked nokias and never will
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

this just wont happen...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Originally Posted by Winterboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    So what technology did Apple steal? And in this same topic didn't it say that Nokia infringed on 13 of Apples' patents? But yet you only say Apple steals... hmm...

Notice he is Windows only. He He He.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Big company sue small ones or individuals they automatically wins because small companies and individuals just gives up because of cost involved.
    Big company sue each other they tie each other up in litigation as well as filing so many suit it ties up the court system, it gets dragged on forever until someone settles.
    I thought about how to say this better, but I really couldn't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    I didn't notice that actually lol. But, he does have an iPhone. He should take it back to the store or sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    Why is there always someone that has to go this route . The issue is Nokia and Apple , not Windows and Mac .
    Cant we all just get along ?
    Last edited by Fallguy; 01-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks

not true at all
    and I'm proud of my home town ppl for sticking it to Microsoft
    Philip Brooks' Patent Infringement Updates: Toronto Firm Wins in Suit Against Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OfBGfeVkY]YouTube - Mac Spoof: OS[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    Why is there always someone that has to go this route . The issue is Nokia and Apple , not Windows and Mac .
    Last edited by MPS3; 01-06-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Whether apple invented reinvented stole or waeva the case mayb then end result is they are doing it well and these other companies are feeling the blows from it and instead of trying and making a better product they resorting to crying to mama for help.......... Your product speaks for itself if its good people will buy it if theres something better people will go for that.. its all in the game of competition...............
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING MAN....HAHAAH LOL..YOU ARE JUST AN....I DONT KNOW

ANY WAY..IF APPLE DID stole the NOKIA TECHnology...then WHY THE HELL did NOKIA never EVER make it BEFORE APPLE did?
    WHY did they HAVE to make the NOKIA 5800 Multi touch idiot phone After the iPhone 3G and not BEFORE iphone 2G or somepin?. Just tell me that?

Was that some kind of Secret Weapon of so? All they advetised.. YEAH IPHONE KILLER bla bla bla..and that THING DIED before it went to the MARKET... I DONT see ANY ONE with that Garbage..

If Apple stole GOOGLE phone...why did GOOGLE make the phone BEFORE iphone 2g Came out?
    WHy do they now COMEPETE with the iphone with the NEXUS?

I would say...Nokia, Motorola, Google, Android, Samsung, Whatever mobile maker...ALL ARE COPYING APPLEs STYLE. and not the TECHNOLOGY...TECHNOLOGY is for everyone..but the WAY you put it to WORK is the real thing... APPLE has GOOD...THE BEST Idea PEOPLE...

What else can we say about APPLE? EVERY ONE LOVES THEM..LOVES THEIR GADGETS...

ANd oh WINTERBORDER...... Do you have an iPOD? please tell me NO....

Good bye

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    No, feuds will always arise..

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post

ANY WAY..IF APPLE DID stole the NOKIA TECHnology...then WHY THE HELL did NOKIA never EVER make it BEFORE APPLE did?
    WHY did they HAVE to make the NOKIA 5800 Multi touch idiot phone After the iPhone 3G and not BEFORE iphone 2G or somepin?. Just tell me that?

Was that some kind of Secret Weapon of so? All they advetised.. YEAH IPHONE KILLER bla bla bla..and that THING DIED before it went to the MARKET... I DONT see ANY ONE with that Garbage..

If Apple stole GOOGLE phone...why did GOOGLE make the phone BEFORE iphone 2g Came out?

I would say...Nokia, Motorola, Google, Android, Samsung, Whatever mobile maker...ALL ARE COPYING APPLEs STYLE. and not the TECHNOLOGY...TECHNOLOGY is for everyone..but the WAY you put it to WORK is the real thing... APPLE has GOOD...THE BEST Idea PEOPLE...

Good bye
    How did you write some of your sentences in all caps? When i tried that before it was automatically changed to lower case.

Apple has revolutionized what people want in a cell phone and other companies are either feeling the blows or just trying to come up with some sort of imitation device to compete. No cell phone as every been as popular or has been sold on first day like the iPhone. Multitouch is patented by Apple, so it'll be hard for any other company to come out with a phone and include a smooth touchlike experience.

The nexus one is a great phone with way better hardware. I'm not really impressed with the video wallpaper since the iPhone already had that 2yrs ago...lol so that's old news. But it is nice. And of course we all know Apple does not back down even though they take a long time to offer things they do come back strong. So, i'm sure they'll come out with an even greater device this summer. The 4th Generation iPhone must kill all!
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-06-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just watch Flash of Genius and you will all understand

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    No, feuds will always arise..

How did you write some of your sentences in all caps? When i tried that before it was automatically changed to lower case.

Apple has revolutionized what people want in a cell phone and other companies are either feeling the blows or just trying to come up with some sort of imitation device to compete. No cell phone as every been as popular or has been sold on first day like the iPhone. Multitouch is patented by Apple, so it'll be hard for any other company to come out with a phone and include a smooth touchlike experience.

The nexus one is a great phone with way better hardware. I'm not really impressed with the video wallpaper since the iPhone already had that 2yrs ago...lol so that's old news. But it is nice. And of course we all know Apple does not back down even though they take a long time to offer things they do come back strong. So, i'm sure they'll come out with an even greater device this summer. The 4th Generation iPhone must kill all!

HOW DID I WROTE IN CAPITAL>..hhahahah BECAUSE I`M A MAC LOVER AND USER......... IT CAN DO WHAT EVER I WANT .......ahahahahahaha
    cool hah? Strange..you cant write in CAPITAL letters? You got some probs with you PC of Browser then... You should check it!

iPhone has Kill everything..

If you could remember..als other mobile that has come after the first iphone had the name of " IPHONE KILLER".....we had the Nokia 5800...we had the G1 and G2....we had OMNIA & OMNIA HD...we had the CLONES from China...we had PALM PRE...damn I`m already tired of trying to remember...Now PLUS the Motoola Droid and Nexus..

MAN..the iPhone is one STRONG DUDE... its like he is standing in a battle field with a minigun and kills every one with out being HUrt...
    hahah LOL
    Last edited by eyepoper; 01-06-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nokia has been in the cell game much longer than Apple, therefore it could be the case that Apple is using some of the same technologies that are used by cell communications that Nokia may have developed long ago. Also, you do not have enough information to determine whether Nokia already implemented these technologies unless you are familiar with Nokia hardware and processes, from an engineering standpoint.

WHY did they HAVE to make the NOKIA 5800 Multi touch idiot phone After the iPhone 3G and not BEFORE iphone 2G or somepin?. Just tell me that? They might have been waiting for Palm to release their multitouch phone and see how Apple responds. So far I have not read any reports of Apple sueing Palm for their multitouch, therefore Nokia may have felt it was safe to do so. Yet, one of the patent disputes that Apple is accusing Nokia of could very well be the multitouch.

moot point, it contributes nothing to this argument

Nexus is postured to compete with Droid at the moment, not iPhone.

Some of the basic cell technologies have not been developed by Apple. And we do not know which technologies are in question.

Good bye
    Is there source that says what patents are in question on both parties?

HOW DID I WROTE IN CAPITAL>..hhahahah BECAUSE I`M A MAC LOVER AND USER......... IT CAN DO WHAT EVER I WANT .......ahahahahahaha
    cool hah? Strange..you cant write in CAPITAL letters? You got some probs with you PC of Browser then... You should check it!

iPhone has Kill everything..

If you could remember..als other mobile that has come after the first iphone had the name of " IPHONE KILLER".....we had the Nokia 5800...we had the G1 and G2....we had OMNIA & OMNIA HD...we had the CLONES from China...we had PALM PRE...damn I`m already tired of trying to remember...Now PLUS the Motoola Droid and Nexus..

MAN..the iPhone is one STRONG DUDE... its like he is standing in a battle field with a minigun and kills every one with out being HUrt...
    hahah LOL
    I CAN WRITE IN ALL CAPS AS WELL. I feel that if I do, it makes me more right. NOT BECAUSE I TYPE IN CAPS, but because I use a Mac and I use a WindowS, so two IS BETTER THAN one.
    Last edited by nimavafi; 01-06-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast