Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Asks Court to Bar US Imports of iPhones, iMacs, iPods

ONLY ONE THING PEOPLE

IN THIS NEW WORLD AND DECADE.

YOU HAVE TO BE WISE...FAST...CREATIVE...INNOVATIVE..
    THATS IT....

IF YOU'RE SLOW...ONLY THINKING WHAT IF...WHAT IF...TRYING TO ONLY PERFECTIONIZE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT IS UNIQUE...OTHERS WILL GO AHEAD AND LEAVE YOU BEHIND..

SO THATS WHAT HAPPEND TO NOKIA...THEY ONLY SIT AND SIT AND SIT THINKING THAT THEY STILL HAVE THE MARKET AFTER WHATEVER SMARPHONE RELEASE COME..

they just are some stupid marketing managers and stupid director... they didn`t push and push for the company to keep its hands above water...now that they only have their heads above water almost getting under water...they want to hurry with all kind of things....searching disperatly for little thing from what ever company that is Apple to PEaR finding how to shut them down so they for a while or forever so can catch up...

Nokia..Sorry...you had a BAD marketing..BAD Creativity...BAD Engineers
    Face it..They were the only phone company yet late in 1980 to 1999 that made us proud against Motorola..But after 2000 everything changed..smaller phone..better interface. more colors qvga etc..
    NOkia still has some phone that are 256 colors...
    MAN GET A LIFE...what are you making?
    SPENDING all your money on a phone in 2010 that is 256 colors ????

Please people..go to your lokal phone dealer and search for nokia phone that are newly released and see how much of them are STILL 256 color...now in my country there are a LOT...

Bad engineers? I think not seeing without them we wouldn't have mobile phones at the level they are today. Yes they may not be as stylish as the iPhone or Blackberry's and other smartphones but they did the hard work to get the mobile phone industry to exist and Apple are taking that for granted, other smartphone companies pay royalties to Nokia, who may be falling behind now but were the ones who made this all possible, so Apple should pay and I hope they come out worse for this, It'll teach them a lesson or two.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    And what makes you think that, afer seeing the nexus, that apple will actually improve upon it ina timely fashion. Lest we forget how long it took to "implement" the groundbreaking feature of copy and paste... *rolleyes*

Nokia has a legitimate case. Apple has refused to play by the rules the rest of the industry abides by, and they are making out like a bandit for it. Just because they have made the most successful phone doesnt mean that they get a get out of jail free card.

To all you Apple diehards who only see life through Cupertino-colored glasses, please look at the situation subjectively and and understand that Apple is WRONG for doing this. Not to say that Nokia is the Virgin Mary or anything - but the case definitely holds water.
    I'm not for sure that they will but they must in order to keep competition alive. Apple can't keep the same basic function on a phone and right now The Nexus has and is gaining popularity because of it's features. The people have spoken as to what they want in a phone and Apple does give in but will take time. I would say that they will implement something new this year because the voices are loud.

And it doesn't matter whether you think Apple is wrong and Nokia is right because both parties are at fault. Nokia doesn't get a free ride either.

the iphone is the best nokia is like 50 cent in the rap game, just starting problems with other people to get noticed. If you think nokia sucks raise your hand.

ps. idc how many new phones nokia makes its not better than the iphone 2g if you wanna be technical about it

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vill304 View Post
    the iphone is the best nokia is like 50 cent in the rap game, just starting problems with other people to get noticed. If you think nokia sucks raise your hand.

ps. idc how many new phones nokia makes its not better than the iphone 2g if you wanna be technical about it
    ...To be more technical the iPhone 2g was ok but not the greatest and lacked A LOT of technology behind it(basic technology). Nokia phones are not bad and offer a lot more functionality than iPhones (by default). But i still love my 3G[S] and will support them.
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-07-2010 at 10:51 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I truly hope for all of our sakes that 90% of the people in this thread never go into Intellectual Property Law. I could just see it now.

"Your company has infringed on 18 of our patents we've had for the last 20 years."

"But ours is better!"

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    my point being....now, if you had really paid attention son. and i say son, due to the fact that you need to listen. if you have such a fantastic idea. such as dyeing your balls green. dont just say your gonna do it. do it. if they absolutely patented a unique and ground breaking technology. a company, even as lowball and cheesy as nokia, would implement and design this technology as soon as possible. not just sit on it and wait for someone else to come up with the same idea, and then say they stole it. realize this. that more than one mind can have the same mind bending end result, without ever conversing or crossing paths in any way of the other subjects intentions. ive had this very situation occur with myself. i guess i should sue for someone stealing my very personal but open ideas.
    First things first, looking down on someone who has a different opinion than you only works when your either a Mod, or if you don't type in OMFGBBQ1337 gray text without capitalizing a damned thing. Seeing as you have neither of those things going for you - I think you'd be better off leaving the insults to the professionals.

You have again missed the point of my post. Just because a patent has been awarded doesn't mean that a product will be rolling off the shelves in 2 months. Patents are not guarantees of production, more than they are protecting the idea that a company or person has come up with. Now if you had truly thought out what I posted before you so snidely responded, would have seen the difference between a paper napkin idea that you toss around between you and your trolling friends - and an idea that has been through the proper procedures and gets awarded a patent. If you thought of staining your sac and the ONLY person you told was your friend who then stole your idea and made money off of it behind your back - there is nothing illegal about that. Nor is there anything illegal about two companies coming up with the same idea at/around the same time.However, if you had taken your idea and got it patented, it doesn't matter if you wait until the return of Christ before you make something, the patent you have in your possession is proof that the idea was OFFICIALLY yours. Everyone recognizes Thomas Edison as the guy who "invented" the light bulb. What they don't know was that he didn't actually invent the light bulb, he only modified the filament to make it work brighter and cheaper so the working class could have them. So Thomas Edison doesn't have a patent on his most famous innovation, because the original idea wasn't his. In the same frame of context, anyone who comes after you wanting to incorporate your idea into their product, must pay you, the patent holder, a rights (or royalty) fee for using your ideas in their product. Same thing happens in the music industry when new artist sample songs from older artists.

Also, correct me if if I'm wrong here, but last time I checked, Nokia's had cell phones on the GSM standard for how long again? Yeah, way to sit on THAT idea. Good thing they kept it a secret for so long, Apple could've made an iPhone 15 years ago if they hadn't. /sarcasm

Nokia's smartphones and cellular phones are landmark designs in mobile technology. With out them, or Sony Ericsson, or Siemens, or Motorola, you wouldn't have the iPhone you're so staunchly defending today. Calling them lowball and cheesy is just downright ignorant of you. Just because you're too cheap to shell out the dough for an N95 doesn't mean they suck as a company. The only Nokia phones most of the American cell phone providers offer are the cheap ones that you get for like 19.99. Assuming that those were all they have to offer as a company, considering the following that they have in Europe, again, is ignorant.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 01-07-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Addendum
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

This sounds like Nokia wants more money and kick Apple's ***....

What's the point of arguing when it is NOT going to happen?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

nokia sat around for too long, technology overpassed them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

So we have established that apple stole the technology for the GSM network in the iPhone.
    Why does this involve the ipods and macs?
    How does my iPod nano or my MBP violate nokia's patents on cellular technology?
    I would be rather annoyed if the court made it harder for me to get the next gen iphone or mac when mine gets too old and dies. then we WILL have to buy it from china, literally lol on ebay or something.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Remember this thread:
    Nokia: Everything Apple Makes Infringes Our Patents
    Go down to where it quotes Apple "Nokia had not offered fair licensing terms". Basically that to me shows Apple admit to exactly what Nokia's accusation, just because Apple do not think it is fair it does not mean Apple can just take it. If it is not fair, invent your own technology then.
    Last edited by unison999; 01-09-2010 at 06:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    Whether apple invented reinvented stole or waeva the case mayb then end result is they are doing it well and these other companies are feeling the blows from it and instead of trying and making a better product they resorting to crying to mama for help.......... Your product speaks for itself if its good people will buy it if theres something better people will go for that.. its all in the game of competition...............

nokia is not crying its just want to get its money for its tech i hope they win the battle.. apple just *** like that....

screw apples they r just hanging balls..
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123