Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Asks Court to Bar US Imports of iPhones, iMacs, iPods

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    HOW DID I WROTE IN CAPITAL>..hhahahah BECAUSE I`M A MAC LOVER AND USER......... IT CAN DO WHAT EVER I WANT .......ahahahahahaha
    cool hah? Strange..you cant write in CAPITAL letters? You got some probs with you PC of Browser then... You should check it!

iPhone has Kill everything..

If you could remember..als other mobile that has come after the first iphone had the name of " IPHONE KILLER".....we had the Nokia 5800...we had the G1 and G2....we had OMNIA & OMNIA HD...we had the CLONES from China...we had PALM PRE...damn I`m already tired of trying to remember...Now PLUS the Motoola Droid and Nexus..

MAN..the iPhone is one STRONG DUDE... its like he is standing in a battle field with a minigun and kills every one with out being HUrt...
    hahah LOL
    I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS NOW! <-----hahahha YEAAAHHH BOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

The Nexus One is iPhone's only competition. I'm glad it was created because now Apple knows what to implement in order to beat the Nexus.

have you guys in here lost it and not followed any of the other threads reagarding the patent issue.

The main reason Nokia is after Apple is that they created the GSM network and the technology behind it. Apple being the only company that is not paying the royalties to Nokia, all other companies do. This battle has been going on for a very long time it has only come to light recently as Nokia are now taking them to court.

BTW I was a Nokia user for 14 years until August when I change to iPhone, it doesn;t make me say whether Nokia are right or Apple or right due to what brand of phone I have it is do with Apple stealing technology from Nokia, Apple are the first to take companies to court for lesser things.
    Last edited by dbrose; 01-06-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    So what technology did Apple steal? And in this same topic didn't it say that Nokia infringed on 13 of Apples' patents? But yet you only say Apple steals... hmm...
    Ok, if you follow Apple's lawsuits you'll know that they stole the touch screen controls from a company from Texas.

Opti Inc. v. Apple Inc. Apple paid 19 mil
    If you noticed, an app opens faster is you opened it previously. That's what Apple snatched.
    Apple Guilty of Patent Infringement | iPhone Winterboarder

Apple Stole the technology that we use on iPhone Safari.
    United States Patent: 7441196

These are just 3 but there are many others that don't make it to trial and many are not covered by the news. The fact remains that Apple along with the other big companies like Microsoft do not like to pay royalties. It's cheaper to buy out the small company or pay a lump sum in a judgment if the plaintiff has the resources to hold a 2-5 year long suit.

Apple did not come to an agreement with Nokia over it's GSM and Wifi control patents and used them anyway.

Do your homework and you'll see Apple in a different light. Behind the glamor of the iPhone, iMac, iPod and all the advertising there are truly ruthless and evil people whose goals are to sell you cheap Chinese crap and get your money.

PS. I got Win Vista, Win 7, iMac and a Debian box for packaging themes. I also got 2 snowboards and some kind of rash on my left butt cheek. lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    have you guys in here lost it and not followed any of the other threads reagarding the patent issue.

The main reason Nokia is after Apple is that they created the GSM network and the technology behind it. Apple being the only company that is not paying the royalties to Nokia, all other companies do. This battle has been going on for a very long time it has only come to light recently as Nokia are now taking them to court.

BTW I was a Nokia user for 14 years until August when I change to iPhone, it doesn;t make me say whether Nokia are right or Apple or right due to what brand of phone I have it is do with Apple stealing technology from Nokia, Apple are the first to take companies to court for lesser things.
    And don't forget Nokia stealing technology from Apple. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    Ok, if you follow Apple's lawsuits you'll know that they stole the touch screen controls from a company from Texas.

Opti Inc. v. Apple Inc. Apple paid 19 mil
    If you noticed, an app opens faster is you opened it previously. That's what Apple snatched.
    Apple Guilty of Patent Infringement | iPhone Winterboarder

Apple Stole the technology that we use on iPhone Safari.
    United States Patent: 7441196

These are just 3 but there are many others that don't make it to trial and many are not covered by the news. The fact remains that Apple along with the other big companies like Microsoft do not like to pay royalties. It's cheaper to buy out the small company or pay a lump sum in a judgment if the plaintiff has the resources to hold a 2-5 year long suit.

Apple did not come to an agreement with Nokia over it's GSM and Wifi control patents and used them anyway.

Do your homework and you'll see Apple in a different light. Behind the glamor of the iPhone, iMac, iPod and all the advertising there are truly ruthless and evil people whose goals are to sell you cheap Chinese crap and get your money.

PS. I got Win Vista, Win 7, iMac and a Debian box for packaging themes. I also got 2 snowboards and some kind of rash on my left butt cheek. lol
    See i was going to thank you for the info, but that last part of your paragraph was just too distasteful. Calling the product merely cheap Chinese crap? Nahh. I never said Apple didn't infringe. Every company infringes that's the bottom line. And i don't see Apple in a different light. Why would i? Like i said they aren't the only ones and Nokia is another that infringes. You use Windows Vista and Windows 7..operating systems that came from Microsoft who stole their ideas from IBM and XEROX lol and you're telling me i will look at Apple differently? Not happening man.

btw, what kind of themes are you working on? Phones or OS?
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-06-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apple are the first to take companies to court for lesser things.
    You hit it right on the head. Apple put Gluepod out of business. Sued TightPod and PodShow just for having Pod in their name. I guess if you have the right kind of money you can copyright any word in the Webster dictionary.

There products are good but methods are pants.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING MAN....HAHAAH LOL..YOU ARE JUST AN....I DONT KNOW

ANY WAY..IF APPLE DID stole the NOKIA TECHnology...then WHY THE HELL did NOKIA never EVER make it BEFORE APPLE did?
    WHY did they HAVE to make the NOKIA 5800 Multi touch idiot phone After the iPhone 3G and not BEFORE iphone 2G or somepin?. Just tell me that?

Was that some kind of Secret Weapon of so? All they advetised.. YEAH IPHONE KILLER bla bla bla..and that THING DIED before it went to the MARKET... I DONT see ANY ONE with that Garbage..

If Apple stole GOOGLE phone...why did GOOGLE make the phone BEFORE iphone 2g Came out?
    WHy do they now COMEPETE with the iphone with the NEXUS?

I would say...Nokia, Motorola, Google, Android, Samsung, Whatever mobile maker...ALL ARE COPYING APPLEs STYLE. and not the TECHNOLOGY...TECHNOLOGY is for everyone..but the WAY you put it to WORK is the real thing... APPLE has GOOD...THE BEST Idea PEOPLE...

What else can we say about APPLE? EVERY ONE LOVES THEM..LOVES THEIR GADGETS...

ANd oh WINTERBORDER...... Do you have an iPOD? please tell me NO....

Good bye
    First of all the multi-touch screen all these devices you refer to weren't feasible until it was invented by a third party. That third party then sold their new product to buyers. Apple was just the first to make it work in a device. So nobody is steeling from anybody in that case it is just a case of who got their r&d done first and Apple won that race. But that was not the point of this post.

To the point of this post.
    Nokia is loosing ground to a company that originally made computers. That company then started to make MP3 players and took a commanding lead in that market. Now they make phones too. Nokia has always been a leader in its industry until RIM came out with the Blackberry. they started to loose market shares to that product line. Now Apple is poised to take their market share and over take them. Nokias strategy seems to be lets freeze the major source of income for apple and lock their products down then they can't take us over. It's weak and desperate but hey to each their own.

I dont think any one steel or stole Technology from each other...because Technology are beign patent and registered and if you use the same kind of type of touchscreen but with 1 one wire that goes on the other side of the chip or with other software..you are not stealing.. Cmon guys...
    Technology is there for everyone.. why complaining that someone steal it?

I mean look how many device that look the same and does the same.
    I think stealing a Design look like is something they should be looking at and that stupid Technology has been around for yearsss.. Since when do we know that there is TOUCH SCREEN? ..I dont know the year but its a long time but people had other priority first to make other things better than this touch screen for example. And so we can go on..
    Another example.. Why the hell are Cars still so Expensive while years ago till now its still using tha STUPID Gas... Only Technology has been added..and guess what.. OLD technology...Radio..Ppower window... Some stupid Leds to glow to make it luxier..etc..etc...

I mean..lets get real.. EVERYONE IS STEALING FROM EVERYONE>..
    Even you that is reading... go in the WC and think about it....

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ok, so...
    It would be nice for we the people (sounds familiar?) to know what are these so called infringments; it seems easy for me, let Nokia disclose the patents and (most) of us would notice the infringment or not since we use the technology every day.
    In another respect, it seems to me that the comercial aplications of the patents has brought zillions to Apple, so why would Nokia (if they had the original patents) did not pursue the aplications themselves so THEY would have made zillions?
    Apple and Steve Jobs may have done some things that could be disagreeable in some instances, but I doubt that the Nokia allegations have consistency. And really? ALL Apple products?!?!?
    Looks to me that the only thing certain in this matter is a LOT of money for attorneys!
    the only thing sad for me is that I'm not one of them...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i agree with most of you i love apple and their products, if apple has taken any of Nokia's patents why have they waited so long to file suets?
    what about all of those who are copying apple and its technological advancements why i apple just laughing at all of the imitations and keeps killing off the competition left and right?
    you guys just have to wait untill apple is free of at&t's limitations!
    the iPhone has so much potential, more than it has now, imagine if they integrate adobe flash, actual flash for the camera, 4g, and a videoconferencing camera on the front of the iPhone, the iPhone will be unstoppable!

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    The Nexus One is iPhone's only competition. I'm glad it was created because now Apple knows what to implement in order to beat the Nexus.
    And what makes you think that, afer seeing the nexus, that apple will actually improve upon it ina timely fashion. Lest we forget how long it took to "implement" the groundbreaking feature of copy and paste... *rolleyes*

Nokia has a legitimate case. Apple has refused to play by the rules the rest of the industry abides by, and they are making out like a bandit for it. Just because they have made the most successful phone doesnt mean that they get a get out of jail free card.

To all you Apple diehards who only see life through Cupertino-colored glasses, please look at the situation subjectively and and understand that Apple is WRONG for doing this. Not to say that Nokia is the Virgin Mary or anything - but the case definitely holds water.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

This is getting too disgusting...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

what is nokia thinking? this is the last thing they should do. If they suceed, every iphone and apple fanboy out there will boycott nokia at all costs..

This is correct. However, Apple believes that the price Nokia has set for licensing that technology is unreasonable at $6 to $12 per phone. If Nokia wins that kind of royalty on every iPhone sold, expect the cost to be shifted to the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    what is nokia thinking? this is the last thing they should do. If they suceed, every iphone and apple fanboy out there will boycott nokia at all costs..
    You're acting as though all of the Apple fanboys/girls don't already do that to every other technology related company.

.....said that Apple was trying "to get a free ride on the back of Nokia's innovation".....

yeah i totally forgot about the nokiaTouch, the NokBook and their several desktops. if you designed a patent. youd also design a product. shheesh. Nokia is just an ambulance chaser
    killall Terminal[]

Apple is killing the competition left and right because the competition are still making smart phones when instead they should be making mobile computers with phone capability. The consumer has spoken and Apple is the only one that listened. Google is trying but didn't get the entire idea yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    .....said that Apple was trying "to get a free ride on the back of Nokia's innovation".....

yeah i totally forgot about the nokiaTouch, the NokBook and their several desktops. if you designed a patent. youd also design a product. shheesh. Nokia is just an ambulance chaser
    That's not the point. Lets say you come up with an idea to dye your balls green, patent it, but don't market it. Next week, your boy decides, after seeing your idea, that he's going to sell a ball-dying kit that comes with a free razor to shave before dying. He just made a load of money off your intellectual property, without your consent. He should have cut you in on the deal, as the original idea of dying balls belongs to you. By stealing your patented idea, (however foolish dying your balls is) he has broken the law.

No one cares that iPhone does it better, thats not the point of argument. Apple has and is making a shi7ton of money off intellectual/technical properties that are not their own. Lesser companies have been shut down for what Apple is currently doing.

Psystar. Google it.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpkirkley For This Useful Post:

pewpew magoo (01-07-2010), Rota (01-07-2010), TooSlo (01-07-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    That's not the point. Lets say you come up with an idea to dye your balls green, patent it, but don't market it. Next week, your boy decides, after seeing your idea, that he's going to sell a ball-dying kit that comes with a free razor to shave before dying. He just made a load of money off your intellectual property, without your consent. He should have cut you in on the deal, as the original idea of dying balls belongs to you. By stealing your patented idea, (however foolish dying your balls is) he has broken the law.

No one cares that iPhone does it better, thats not the point of argument. Apple has and is making a shi7ton of money off intellectual/technical properties that are not their own. Lesser companies have been shut down for what Apple is currently doing.

Psystar. Google it.
    my point being....now, if you had really paid attention son. and i say son, due to the fact that you need to listen. if you have such a fantastic idea. such as dyeing your balls green. dont just say your gonna do it. do it. if they absolutely patented a unique and ground breaking technology. a company, even as lowball and cheesy as nokia, would implement and design this technology as soon as possible. not just sit on it and wait for someone else to come up with the same idea, and then say they stole it. realize this. that more than one mind can have the same mind bending end result, without ever conversing or crossing paths in any way of the other subjects intentions. ive had this very situation occur with myself. i guess i should sue for someone stealing my very personal but open ideas.
    killall Terminal[]

Guys before you all defend Apple, I know this is a apple forum just have a guick look at why Nokia are suing,

From The Guardian:

The 10 patents at issue in the Apple case relate to technologies that are "fundamental" to making devices that are compatible with one or more of the current wireless standards – GSM, UMTS (3G W-CDMA) and wireless LAN. "The patents cover wireless data, speech coding, security and encryption and are infringed by all Apple iPhone models shipped since the iPhone was introduced in 2007," Nokia said.

The company said it had invested more than €40bn (36bn) in research and development over the past two decades and had successfully entered into licence agreements, including these patents, with approximately 40 companies, including virtually all leading mobile vendors.
    Source:Nokia sues Apple over alleged breach of patent | Business | guardian.co.uk

If you read that article or simply Google "Why is Nokia suing apple" you'll see why. Nokia invented how our mobile phones work and other companies respect that investment that they made and pay the royalties, Apple being Apple doesn't want to do anything nicely, so refused to pay any royalties so Nokia has resorted to suing and this is after years or Nokia battling with Apple, its only the court cases that have brought this to light.

Oh and those who say 'technology is for everyone' if you want to live in a capitalist society then its not technology is for people who buy it thats how our world works, not fantastic but thats how it is.

Please read before you start backing Apple and saying Nokia are being unreasonable when without Nokia we wouldn't have an iPhone or anywhere need the level of wireless communication that we have today.

EDIT: Just notice the post above,
    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt
    my point being....now, if you had really paid attention son. and i say son, due to the fact that you need to listen. if you have such a fantastic idea. such as dyeing your balls green. dont just say your gonna do it. do it. if they absolutely patented a unique and ground breaking technology. a company, even as lowball and cheesy as nokia, would implement and design this technology as soon as possible. not just sit on it and wait for someone else to come up with the same idea, and then say they stole it. realize this. that more than one mind can have the same mind bending end result, without ever conversing or crossing paths in any way of the other subjects intentions. ive had this very situation occur with myself. i guess i should sue for someone stealing my very personal but open ideas.
    Please read what patents they are suing over, Nokia did the research to make mobile phones work and they pioneered the manufacture of the first mobile phones so they did "do it". Apple jumped in very late in the mobile phone game, made a brilliant game changing phone for many reasons however they took technology from Nokia, who has spent so much time and money on how to make wireless communication work and Apple refused to pay royalties, practically every other mobile phone manufacture does pay royalties, why should Apple be an exception?

Oh and Apple is one for patenting anything they can and then screwing small companies that try to make something that is similar, so if you think you patent and don't make the patent it should be invalid? If so could Apple give back the money they got from suing the small companies for "copying" their unused patents. Also thinking of an idea and telling people doesn't make it yours, you need to patent it to have some sort of legal protection.
    Last edited by chickenwings; 01-07-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast