+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Major New Apple Product" on Jan. 27, Not Jan. 26

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "Major New Apple Product" on Jan. 27, Not Jan. 26

Following the report in the staid, serious Financial Times of London that Apple would have a "big" announcement at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, today comes a report in the somewhat less staid but still serious Digital Daily from the Wall Street Journal. According to John Paczkowski, it's "going to be a big deal."

Sources in a position to know tell me Apple (AAPL) is indeed planning a media event later this month at which it will announce a major new product. The gathering is to be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, a space Apple often uses for media events like these. According to other sources, it will occur on Wednesday Jan. 27, not Tuesday Jan. 26, as had been rumored.

No definitive word on what that product is, but I think we all have a pretty good idea of what to expect.
    He notes that the "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" event was moved from the original Tuesday date to Wednesday, so that the slippage at least has a precedent.

In other news of the most talked about still-only-a-rumor product in the industry today, the French site Mac4Ever claims that developers have been given a beta of the iPhone OS 4 SDK which includes a "simulator" for reformatting/scaling applications to a larger screen. Earlier reports had Apple asking devs for "full-screen" demos of their apps, so this fits with that rumor. Readers who understand French could tell me if "Ces informations sont prendre avec les pincettes d'usage" means "take this with a grain of salt," as I suspect, and as seems reasonable.

Finally in today's rumor roundup, we have what is possibly the funniest and fakest fake "leak" to come down the tubes in some time: PhoneArena.com has what they say are internal Apple documents leaked to them from an anonymous tipster. The purported specs include a 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB hard drive and a built-in projector ("the man said ta da?"). Little details like the nonstandard spelling (for the US) of "analogue" and the name of the Mac OS X release the slate will run ("Clouded Leopard") ring a little hollow, but this information is taken with the tongs to use.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (01-04-2010), operate (01-06-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Watch it not be the tablet. But like a new iPod

Green Apple
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if it is the 26th or the 27th, I want it yesterday.
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to firedog341 For This Useful Post:

operate (01-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

bad ***** cant wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

^^ lol at u

Wow wrong thread
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 01-04-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

loving the rumors vive la france

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

f that i want the new iphone!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lets move on to iPhone 4th gen already just to be ahead of the game!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    that pic is aweswome!!!!

Thanks

battlecrushr is right, lets watch it be a new shuffle
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

New keyboard ftw!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hahahaha, I like that you slipped in the literal translation:P

-IMG

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's going to be new quadcores for the MacBooks. Or a fourth-gen iPhone. I want an iPhone with 64 gigs, a real camera sensor like the OminiVision one that shoots 1080p or one that takes decent pictures with better white balance not like what we have now, a real flash, the Snapdragon 1ghz proc, and easily jailbroken and all current packages in Cydia work out of the box flawlessly. But I'm betting it'll be quadcore MacBooks with the Core i5/i7.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I dont care what they unveil as long as it doesnt have a retarded name like iSlate

Thanks

1080p is a must

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Like one other person said, what if it's not even a tablet? What if the announcement has something to do with a world iPhone that will be available via AT&T and Verizon? And man i'd like a beta of OS 4 for iPhone. Apple i hope you have or are working on a completely different UI for this years' device. Your reputation is at stake! I've seen the Nexus One in action and it's nice, they are pretty much catching up soo.... make it happen Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It's going to be new quadcores for the MacBooks. Or a fourth-gen iPhone. I want an iPhone with 64 gigs, a real camera sensor like the OminiVision one that shoots 1080p or one that takes decent pictures with better white balance not like what we have now, a real flash, the Snapdragon 1ghz proc, and easily jailbroken and all current packages in Cydia work out of the box flawlessly. But I'm betting it'll be quadcore MacBooks with the Core i5/i7.
    Man you ask for a whole lot! You don't think the 3GS has a decent camera and video? It's worlds apart from our past flip phones... 64gigs? geeez... i'll stick with the 32 if i get it cuz my current 32 is barely even being used. But, i do agree that the next iPhone will have to include 1Ghz processor with 512Mb of rom and ram. That is the only way to compete with the Nexus (iPhones only competition IMO)
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-04-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Major! that's sound very serious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Man you ask for a whole lot! You don't think the 3GS has a decent camera and video? It's worlds apart from our past flip phones... 64gigs? geeez... i'll stick with the 32 if i get it cuz my current 32 is barely even being used. But, i do agree that the next iPhone will have to include 1Ghz processor with 512Mb of rom and ram. That is the only way to compete with the Nexus (iPhones only competition IMO)
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo
    1080p is a must
    yourself. It was a joke.

Well I wasn't all that serious on the 1080p sensor! I just mentioned it because there has been talk about it lately and they are shooting for a 2Q of 2010 target for release in consumer devices. Besides, they already make the current camera in the iPhone. And yes 64 gigs, maybe you don't have as much content as I do, but the iPod touch has it and it would be really easy to up that on the iPhone. Plus they've increased the storage every new release of an iPhone so it stands to reason they might do that this time. The Snapdragon or an equivalent is a must have, if they don't they'll fall behind in specs, but people will still buy it anyway. 1ghz and 512 RAM would be awesome. I'd go for some increase in thickness for longer battery life too.

Thanks

^ Well you got to dream big

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ Well you got to dream big
    Dreaming is the only thing that doesn't cost money!