Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magic Mouse Killing Bluetooth Keyboard Batteries?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Magic Mouse Killing Bluetooth Keyboard Batteries?

UberGizmo reports on an Apple Support thread about users finding the batteries Bluetooth keyboards draining quickly since they started using a Magic Mouse. Users have tried using rechargeable batteries and making sure all drivers are up to date, but have been unable to get their keyboard batteries to last for long: they are draining in as little as a week in many reports.

One user put forth the speculation that the Magic Mouse is somehow preventing the keyboard from going into sleep mode, so it keeps transmitting constantly until its battery dies. This is bolstered by a report from another poster, who said that Apple Tech Support told him it's an issue they're working on.

They now claim it is a bluetooth driver issue and the engineers are working on a solution, presumably a new driver or patch. One tech said engineering believes the magic mouse bluetooth is interfering with keyboard bluetooth communication and/or sleep mode. No estimate as to time frame for solution just a suggestion to use rechargeable batteries until issue is resolved.
    The Magic Mouse was released in October, and has been wildly popular, allowing Apple to double its share of mouse sales in the United States in just eight weeks. "Sales in November were through the roof," Stephen Baker, analyst with the market research firm, told AppleInsider. "[The Magic Mouse] had the best month for a mouse product from Apple that we've ever seen."

image via geekologie.com

First? Waw...

One more reason I'm still waiting before buying the new 27" iMacs.
    Whole bunch of "lil issue's" ever since they got out.

Will buy one eventually!!!
    Last edited by Devilish4eveR; 01-03-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

They better find a fix. I just got my iMac w/ this keyboard and magic mouse. lol

I don't buy it! I have 3 sets of bluetooth keyboards a magic mouses in my home and another 2 sets at the office. I have not had a single issue with battery life on the bluetooth keyboards. All keyboards and magic mouses are still running on original batteries without a hitch.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

yes, I am suffering with this, batteries last about a weeks instead of 3/4 months in keyboard now (3 battery version). Apple replaced the keyboard thinking that would sort it.... it hasn't.

Glad this is appearing on more news sites... hopefully a fix soon.

i just got my imac they better fix it

Like Melech518, I also have a Imac with wireless Keyboard and Magic mouse running on original batteries for quite a while without any issue.
    I would like to say that the Magic Mouse is a great invention and of course could be few with defective but that does not make general.

Just Wondering where that quote came from? Apple forum?

It happens to me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I even found batteries with that white sticky dust after one week of vacations.

Any suggestions how to clean it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

dont have em ;-(
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I'm thinking about getting a magic mouse. Does the magic mouse have a rechargeable battery?

^No

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I wish it did

I seriously haven't had a problem with any of my magic mice or bluetooth keyboards

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Me either but I would like rechargeable batteries

Or a recharging dock would be sweet for both the keyboard and mouse.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a new iMac with the magic mouse/keyboard. No issues here. In fact I would highly recommend the Magic Mouse! I liked my mighty mouse till the ball needed cleaning every couple days... pain in the you-know-what! The Magic Mouse has no balls, or wheels to get dirty. Works flawlessly. Awesome job Apple!

I have that mouse and keyboard but haven't had any problems.

about freaking time Apple! I've called in a few times in the past 2 months or so and they told me to just keep updating and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Bastards needs to test a little better. I went through like a case of AA (24 or 48 count) batteries from Costco before realizing what was happening and switching to rechargeable ones but they still only last maybe 5 or 6 days....

Thanks

I use both as well and havent noticed any battery drain or problems. Wonder if its a bad batch?

i can see that as i bought brand new batteries for both on xmas eve and they are both like this now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast