Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tablet Announcement Next Month: Financial Times

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tablet Announcement Next Month: Financial Times

Apple could unveil its long-rumored tablet computer as early as next month, according to a report in the Financial Times on Wednesday. Without specifying sources, the UK's influential business newspaper asserted that Apple is "preparing an announcement next month" that may include the tablet.

The story in the Financial Times echoed yesterday's report in the Wall Street Journal that Apple was looking to turn the iTunes Store into a marketplace for streaming movies and music as well as offering files for download. The story didn't cite any sources but said Apple could unveil the Internet-focused device next month.

Apple is preparing an announcement next month that many anticipate will be the official unveiling of its tablet, but the company has so far declined to confirm the existence of the device. Wall Street analysts expect mass production of an Apple tablet to begin as early as February.
    MacRumors compares this report to a story which had appeared in iLounge in September, that had gotten a tip about the tablet from the same source who had given them an accurate leak about the fifth-generation iPod nano. That source claimed that the tablet device will sport a 10.7" screen offering 720-pixel resolution, that it will run iPhone OS rather than Mac OS X, and that it will be announced on or before January 19th, 2010 for release in May or June of 2010.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Running the iPhone OS? pffft I'd rather the Mac OS X

Thanks

I want a Tablet, not a giant iPhone.

Thanks

When is this tablet wind going to end? Are we going to follow this RUMOR up until the supposed day it comes out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Running the iPhone OS? pffft I'd rather the Mac OS X
    I would rather have it running a Mac OS X system as well! But still, the iPhone still runs a nice platform. This might just even improve what it can do in so many ways. There's newer possibilities & tasks to over come with this!

Also I must say, for iPhone app developers, this would be good news! We can then port our current games & other sort of apps over to a newer device, or more like work on it, & then port over to this newly device.

Those who used vector files to creat would be in luck & on a fast pace. Like Mercury Intermedia had mentioned in one of there posts: Why build iPhone app mockups in vector format? as it would just speed up work flow! Just saying, as I rant, that's all!

Irregardless it would be fascinating to see this device come out on any platform it may behold under its hood. Just as long as its not Microsoft!!! LMAO :P

ALSO all Apple rumors of products & random news media about 'em, run till they come to existence, officially from Apple themselves unveiling their news of newly cooked up products, cause hell that's just how the cookie crumbles with 'em! & everyone is an open ear to it when it comes to Apple.
    They got us in huge boiling pot & stir us all up, while we cook up in the rumors, till there ready for supper to feast! (that's unleashing products & bringing in the $$$)
    Last edited by MexiChriS; 12-23-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MexiChriS View Post
    Irregardless it would be fascinating to see this device come out on any platform it may behold under its hood. Just as long as its not Microsoft!!! LMAO :P
    why not Microsoft?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmIgNfp-MdI]YouTube - Microsoft "Courier" secret tablet[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    why not Microsoft?
    If the Apple tablet ends up with the iPhone OS, I think I'd almost rather go Microsoft

iPhone OS just seems like it would be a huge waste of a 10"+ touchscreen.

I have to agree that I wouldnt be all that interested in a Giant iPhone. But either way, I am sure it will be jailbroken and able to install OSX, or so I hope....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    the courier looks sick!! if apple goes iphone OS, i'm def going microsuck...

I may be alone on this but I was really hoping for more of a netbook/tablet, something (as a web guy) I could use on the road doing a little surfing/dreamweavering/photoshopping instead of hauling around a big azz notebook. Seems like the netbook talk has turned into tablet talk over the last few months, not that its a bad idea I think its awesome and needed if the price is right. I was just hoping they were moving in a little different direction.

It is going to suck to be just running a bigger version of the iPhone OS. I have seen another article that Apple is asking a select group of developers to work on a larger screen version of their games for a demo. I was excited about the idea of at least a version of OSX but not the iPhone version. I have an iPhone for that and a MacBook for the rest.

Apple Asking App Developers to Prepare for Large Screen Demos Next Month? - Mac Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by aekhamsouk View Post
    the courier looks sick!! if apple goes iphone OS, i'm def going microsuck...
    HAHA oh your so funny. I see what you did there with the name and everything. You sir are a genius. A flipping genius. I hope one day i can be as witty as you.

But on topic, I have to aqree. The iPhone OS is nice for the small screen, increasing to a 10"+ or whatever the screen size, it might not be as put together as the Mac OS.

Lol, if modmyi is going to photoshop the iPod Touch into a tablet, at least make it difficult to point out that its a photoshop. That was a terrible job trying to cover up the power button, and any half-brain redneck could figure out how to enlarge the screen enough to cover the home button. Seriously.

Thanks

iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

*]pppfffffffffffffsssssstttttttttt[* just another unveiling of wind
    killall Terminal[]

gigantic iPhone am confirmed.

could be good or bad, really. maybe it's just compatible with iPhone/iPod apps...so early adopters will have thousands of apps to choose from from the very beginning.

I wonder what additional features it will sport to differentiate it from the iPhone and iPod.

I assume it'll have a stylus as well. maybe touch + stylus input?

Thanks

It's time for a new device cuz the 3g and 3gs sucked-same form factor and same OS for all 3 models

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

i just want all this to end already
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeandike1994 View Post
    Lol, if modmyi is going to photoshop the iPod Touch into a tablet, at least make it difficult to point out that its a photoshop. That was a terrible job trying to cover up the power button, and any half-brain redneck could figure out how to enlarge the screen enough to cover the home button. Seriously.
    You must not be very bright. It isn't supposed to be the actual tablet! This is just an article that has a random photo attached of one of the many photshoped mock-ups of what the Tablet MAY look like.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME