+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Operation Chokehold: FAIL WIN?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
why do they call it unlimited if it truly is not, i think i deserve a refund for those times that i didnt go over my data usage but youll
    Thanks

why do they call it unlimited if it truly is not, i think i deserve a refund for those times that i didnt go over my data usage but youll charge me when i do even tho its unlimited, just doesnt make sense but im not big business im just the little guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

I just recently picked up an Iphone and to be honest the only reason i'm an ATT customer is because they have it, in my area there are so many dead spots around my house, but really until that situation changes i'm stuck with them. if i can switch in the future i'll pay the termination fee with no hesitation.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Monthly limit set by ATT on "Unlimited" iPhone Data Plan: 5GB, or 5120MB.
    Each forced data plan cost $30.
    5120MB/$30 = 170MB/$1

You pay $1 for 170MB. Once you go over the "Unlimited" monthly limit, there is always the possibility that AT&T will charge additional data fees, possible $0.10/MB, which comes out to 10MB/$1. This means through AT&T's plan, you've all gotten roughly 17x more MB's for the same buck.

You've all been charged all along. What now?
    It's not enough. I just checked my usage (in settings) and I have uploaded 341MB and downloaded 7GB (seven gigabytes) in just 19 days (since my last restore). I don't tether. All that is just from downloading apps, using the browser, and streaming music (last.fm, pandora, simplify music 2.0). I wouldn't call myself a data hog, but AT&T would. I'll say it again: I don't tether, and I don't use torrents over the cell network, and yet here I am with 7GB down (341MB up) just from internet browsing and music streaming. That's nuts. And that's just 19 days. That means I'm using about 10GB in a month. I get it that AT&T fears tethering, but they are looking to place unnecessary data constraints on moderate users. NOT COOL!

Just to clarify: my home data connection sees about 500GB down and 70GB up each month, so I'm familiar with heavy data usage, but that's not what I've been using the iPhone for.

Quote Originally Posted by ncnyxx13 View Post
    OK well AT&T will probably never change their plan rates...
    if they do change their rates it would be very stupid on their part because many people who have contracts before they changed would be able to VOID their contract with AT&T without a penalty because they changed the contract without your approval. This would turn out very bad seeings how many people just go to AT&T just to get a iPhone 3GS.
    Not true. If AT&T changed their data pricing terms they would not backdate any changes and they would also not apply these changes to current contracts. They CAN however apply moderate modifications to existing contracts without customer approval AND enforce their early termination fees. By all accounts these suggested changes (tiered pricing for data) would come in the form of new data packages and new contracts, totally optional for current contract holders. The only ones out of luck are those sitting on a current plan with an already expired contract (month to month). Their terms can be changed at any time for no reason, though clearly not until the following month's bill.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 12-19-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As a former AT&T U-Verse Employee I'll just say that this isn't the first area where AT&T has cut corners (in reference to the topic building infastructure).

I sure hope mmi honors their privacy policy b4 the boyz are after me LMAO...

Thanks

God; you guys need to stop ******** about this. I'm tired of hearing about everyone complaining about these restrictions that they might invoke.

Read and pay attention.

AT&T offers a "unlimited" data plan for the iPhone. Which allows us iPhone users the ability to use the phone for pretty much anything. Web browsing, email, music, applications.

AT&T charges it's customer $60 a month for 5GB laptop connect card plan. Which allows those users the ability to use their laptops for pretty much anything.

Where is it fair that we get unlimited data for $30, and people with laptop connect cards have to pay double, and they don't get unlimited.

Now; look at the other carriers out there. Verizon for example. The suppose super network and what everyone wants the iPhone to switch over to.

Go to their website and build a plan that is comparable to the one you have on AT&T. I did it, and I would be paying over $50 more a month then I am with AT&T, and that's without unlimited texting, because they don't offer it (at least it wasn't an option when I was trying to build a plan). Plus, the unlimited data is $15 more a month. AND; Verizon restricts it's users on laptop connect cards the same way that At&t does. And trust me, Verizon is more money hungry then AT&T is, so you better beleive that when, and if the iPhone goes to Verizon, they WILL NOT have an unlimited data plan; you WILL be paying a LIMITED plan.

And finally, WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO USE 5GB A MONTH! What are you people doing with your iPhones that is going to use more then 5GB in a month!

And here's a message out to these losers that tried to bring down AT&T; your morons. You can't possibly bring down an entire network. I am glad they failed, because when, and god I hope, Verizon gets the iPhone, it will be just as bad as it is with AT&T. There is a lot of network usage with iPhone users. Thus, why Apple chose AT&T for the US.

Apple would not have chosen AT&T if it wasn't able to do it. So switch to Verizon, switch to a phone carrier that has slower 3G speeds, and less overall coverage. Because when Verizon says that it has more 3G Coverage then AT&T; they are wrong. Verizon's 3G speed is the same speed at AT&T's edge. Only Verizon's V-Cast network is the same speed as AT&T's 3G.

Do your research before coming online to ***** about something you know nothing about.

Flame all you want, I won't be reading any responses.

-Middle Finger-

Green Apple
    Thanks

When/If Verizon gets the iPhone it will most likely be on their new LTE network, and limiting LTE, an extremely high bandwidth network is simply nonsense.

Thanks

i honestly quite forgot about this came friday

as for these so called "free" at&t wireless hotspots. ive never seen one. all the at&t hotspots ive encountered charge a fee. ie:Starbucks. thank god for mywi/pdanet
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Network was unaffected... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great job, queers... Great job. Another successful endeavor by the anti-ATT idiots. Can we call it "Operation Choked-on-****" now?

EDIT: Wish I could 'Thanks' myself.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 12-20-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    God; you guys need to stop ******** about this. I'm tired of hearing about everyone complaining about these restrictions that they might invoke.

Read and pay attention.

AT&T offers a "unlimited" data plan for the iPhone. Which allows us iPhone users the ability to use the phone for pretty much anything. Web browsing, email, music, applications.

AT&T charges it's customer $60 a month for 5GB laptop connect card plan. Which allows those users the ability to use their laptops for pretty much anything.

Where is it fair that we get unlimited data for $30, and people with laptop connect cards have to pay double, and they don't get unlimited.

Now; look at the other carriers out there. Verizon for example. The suppose super network and what everyone wants the iPhone to switch over to.

Go to their website and build a plan that is comparable to the one you have on AT&T. I did it, and I would be paying over $50 more a month then I am with AT&T, and that's without unlimited texting, because they don't offer it (at least it wasn't an option when I was trying to build a plan). Plus, the unlimited data is $15 more a month. AND; Verizon restricts it's users on laptop connect cards the same way that At&t does. And trust me, Verizon is more money hungry then AT&T is, so you better beleive that when, and if the iPhone goes to Verizon, they WILL NOT have an unlimited data plan; you WILL be paying a LIMITED plan.

And finally, WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO USE 5GB A MONTH! What are you people doing with your iPhones that is going to use more then 5GB in a month!

And here's a message out to these losers that tried to bring down AT&T; your morons. You can't possibly bring down an entire network. I am glad they failed, because when, and god I hope, Verizon gets the iPhone, it will be just as bad as it is with AT&T. There is a lot of network usage with iPhone users. Thus, why Apple chose AT&T for the US.

Apple would not have chosen AT&T if it wasn't able to do it. So switch to Verizon, switch to a phone carrier that has slower 3G speeds, and less overall coverage. Because when Verizon says that it has more 3G Coverage then AT&T; they are wrong. Verizon's 3G speed is the same speed at AT&T's edge. Only Verizon's V-Cast network is the same speed as AT&T's 3G.

Do your research before coming online to ***** about something you know nothing about.

Flame all you want, I won't be reading any responses.

-Middle Finger-
    Right on! Seems some people complain just to complain. I know many people that have switched from ATT to Verizon and T-Mobile......Yup, They've gone back to ATT. Pricing isn't what was thought it was with those others, and speeds were awful when it came to data.

But I guess people will be complaining once they see for themselves that the iPhone on ATT is not that bad.....Other carriers would have the same or MORE problems with the amount of People and data being used from the iPhone.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12