+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Countersues Nokia

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Countersues Nokia

Having been sued by Nokia for patent infringement, Apple today responded by filing a countersuit of its own. The new complaint accuses Nokia of violating 13 of Apple's patents. In announcing the counterclaim, Bruce Sewell, Apple’s General Counsel and senior vice president, said “Other companies must compete with us by inventing their own technologies, not just by stealing ours.”

On October 22, Nokia sued Apple, saying the iPhone maker was taking a “free ride” on Nokia's research and development efforts, which the Finnish phone giant said it had spent €40 billion on. Saying, essentially, "no, you're the copycat," Apple's countersuit denies all Nokia's claims of patent infringement against it and accuses Nokia of trying to copy the iPhone.

In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone a ground-breaking device that allowed users access to the functionality of the already popular iPod on a revolutionary mobile phone and Internet device.
    In contrast, Nokia made a different business decision and remained focused on traditional mobile wireless handsets with conventional user interfaces. As a result, Nokia has rapidly lost share in the market for high-end mobile phones.
    In response, Nokia chose to copy the iPhone, especially its enormously popular and patented design and user interface.
    The lawsuit complains that Nokia has infringed on 13 Apple patents, though in their press release Apple was not specific on which ones.

Apple is asking the US District Court of Delaware to completely dismiss Nokia’s suit, with prejudice (meaning Nokia cannot sue again), and demands that Nokia pay damages for infringing Apple's patents, as well as interest and legal fees.

This step had been predicted by observers at the time of Nokia's original lawsuit. It's a fairly common approach for companies when negotiations break down and end up in court. Most observers believe this is all hardball negotiating tactics, and that the case will eventually be settled out of court. Otherwise, the fight could spread into the European court system and possibly end up in the U.S. International Trade Commission.

image via phonezone.exofire.net
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 12-11-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: "said said?"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

tma (12-11-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

good let them fight at the end we the little people will get better device from both apple & Nokia. i love it when the big boys fight hahahaha.

Lem
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple: 2nd round with a rare naked choke on Nokia! Nokia is straight up UGLY and OLD SCHOOL, Nokia needs retire soon cause they can't compete with the Young Blood "Apple"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lem For This Useful Post:

Dr. S0DAPoP (12-11-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    Apple: 2nd round with a rare naked choke on Nokia! Nokia is straight up UGLY and OLD SCHOOL, Nokia needs retire soon cause they can't compete with the Young Blood "Apple"
    Are you 13 yrs old?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Are you 13 yrs old?
    lmao

Thanks

From the looks of this, Apple is a flippin' hypocrite.
    Let's grow old together...
    ... And die at the same time

Thanks

wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Are you 13 yrs old?
    this.
    EDM

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

PAUL YOUR POSTS ARE INFECTED... IT IS INSTALLING SCRIPTS. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

On a side-note.. this seems like a healthy heated battle amongst the giants. I just hope "we the people" reap the benefits!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    good let them fight at the end we the little people will get better device from both apple & Nokia. i love it when the big boys fight hahahaha.
    It is fun to watch but unfortunately to has two down sides. Firstly the only people who make money are the lawyer and we all pay for that in higher product retail prices. Secondly it discourages companies from innovating and doing new thing unless they have a truck load of money for lawyers, see first point.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

What is that nokia? Look very cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is the Nokia N900. No one can compare to the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    PAUL YOUR POSTS ARE INFECTED... IT IS INSTALLING SCRIPTS. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

On a side-note.. this seems like a healthy heated battle amongst the giants. I just hope "we the people" reap the benefits!
    It seems like a lot of people are getting infected by a script that a user, djoscar, ran the other day on a bunch of posts. There are now a couple more users running the same script in the post, just like the one directly above me was. That same user has 5-7 more posts with the script in them.

(No longer above me because of deleted account now. Thank you very much MMi team.)
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-11-2009 at 09:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anybody hack N900......
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 12-12-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks

No...just no. Fail!

Interesting...I might just watch and see what happens.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

well another legal turn and ill still wake up tomorrow while nothing has changed
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post

PAUL THIS IS THE THIRD TIME YOUR POSTS HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL SCRIPTS...PLEASE LOOK URGENTLY INTO THIS AND SORT IT OUT!

Let the battle royal begin...and may the best "man" win. We can only reap the results of the outcome.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. S0DAPoP View Post
    no, but i am besides he's right. Nokia does need to retire. think about it, whens the last time you seen someone with one of there devices? lol. more epic the the old school snake
    of course if you're in the US u won't see many of their phones. None of their networks can use a phone that has 2 camera for video calling.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

They should have a petition signing thing( each of the individual companies) and charge less money for those who sign it!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    PAUL THIS IS THE THIRD TIME YOUR POSTS HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL SCRIPTS...PLEASE LOOK URGENTLY INTO THIS AND SORT IT OUT!
    It is not Paul. Read what I wrote a few posts back. A user the other day infected several others. You can find them by canceling the script and look for the emotecon or 1 word. Then searc user post and it will show you the applet they are trying to run. It is from a website called djoscar. Djoscar posted it a couple days ago from a googlecode site. I have been reporting them as fast as I can so mods can delete them.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

that's all been sorted