Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manufacturers: Apple Tablet in March for $1,000 US

im sick of these apple tablet rumors like get it over with jezz....

Thanks

this was going to be my 3rd mac, but at that price i say nahhhhh! hopefully it comes out around 500 gbp even them ill still b ummmmin and ahhhhhhhin.

The iPhone was Originally priced at $599..... ~$1000 for a table computer doesn't seen that crazy to me. I don't think that I personally would pay that much, but it doesn't seen overpriced to me. note that lot of people bought the iPhone at that original price.

I also think it is being market to a different population, it is not intended for a laptop replacement or for a netbook, it is market for people who need a touch screen, like doctors, people who expend a lot time on airports and planes (so that they can have theirs companies pays for it). etc.
    Last edited by lmatute; 12-09-2009 at 02:58 PM.

This looks like something the cat would knock over .

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lmatute View Post
    ...I also think it is being market to a different population, it is not intended for a laptop replacement or for a netbook, it is market for people who need a touch screen, like doctors...
    I'm sorry, but a physician is not going to be using a device such as this. Most healthcare software is going to be Windows based, and on the server end will be a mix between Windows/Unix.

Considering the costs that are being cut from healthcare providers, this would be an easily expendable cost. Considering there will be no software that will interface with this device for things like digital documentation, as well as the untested security is a HIPAA grenade waiting to go off.

Currently, to get federal funding for hospitals, there have been strict guidelines erected to fit what constitutes next generation software and hardware. To qualify for these types of funding from the government, specific criteria must be met on how it will improve the documentation for patients, cost savings in the long run, as well as an implementation plan which keeps some costs down.

Please keep in mind this is only for the US. While a physician may think it's a neat toy, an untested platform has absolutely no place in the healthcare industry.

Thanks

Forget how much people paid for iPhone, iPhone is a different product! Tech gets cheaper all the time. I work for Panasonic 65inch tv when I started 4 years ago was 10k+ now they are 4k. Apple gotta move with the times. Just cos they got a good phone which is holding up the company dnt mean they should try screw us with a large iPod touch and charge mad money. Either way I dnt care, I dnt like so I won't buy. But if the price is right sub 500 then count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I'm sorry, but a physician is not going to be using a device such as this. Most healthcare software is going to be Windows based, and on the server end will be a mix between Windows/Unix.

Considering the costs that are being cut from healthcare providers, this would be an easily expendable cost. Considering there will be no software that will interface with this device for things like digital documentation, as well as the untested security is a HIPAA grenade waiting to go off.

Currently, to get federal funding for hospitals, there have been strict guidelines erected to fit what constitutes next generation software and hardware. To qualify for these types of funding from the government, specific criteria must be met on how it will improve the documentation for patients, cost savings in the long run, as well as an implementation plan which keeps some costs down.

Please keep in mind this is only for the US. While a physician may think it's a neat toy, an untested platform has absolutely no place in the healthcare industry.
    well maybe when i said doctors was not the perfect example, but i used to worked for a MRI scanning facility and all high end test equipment was bundle with high end tables (Sony on my case).

Forget how much people paid for iPhone, iPhone is a different product! Tech gets cheaper all the time. I work for Panasonic 65inch tv when I started 4 years ago was 10k+ now they are 4k. Apple gotta move with the times. Just cos they got a good phone which is holding up the company dnt mean they should try screw us with a large iPod touch and charge mad money. Either way I dnt care, I dnt like so I won't buy. But if the price is right sub 500 then count me in.
    and yes that is the whole point the iPhone was a different device, smaller with less memory and more easy to manufacture even them it cost $600, so it is not crazy that the initial price of a table offering would be around $1000

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

at $1000, I'm not touching it. If it were say $600 I would think about it. I think a nook for xmas will be my gift to myself. I already have enough Apple gadgets.
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Thanks

Wow That's cool. Look like a big iPhone or iPod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Lol @ $1,000.
    this.

not in this market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that's a little too small...? 10.1 inch?! Apple, that's it?!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No thanks, Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

You all realize that the picture featured in the post isn't really the tablet right? At this point it is still a rumor, a vague one at that. Any 'pictures' that you see are just ones that fans made. Although the one featured in the post is one of sexier ones I have seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JailbrokeniPodKing View Post
    sorry apple, all you've done is got the iPod touch, made it a bit bigger, a bit thinner, added a new dock and keyboard and upped the price $800 try something a little more creative :P
    and a 1G iPT, no less. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhoge View Post
    How about a look at some content:

YouTube - Sports illustrated on Apple Tablet?!?
    There was a whole article posted surrounding that video about a week ago...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

meh... i was holding out for this. but, i don't think so either. an ereader? *barf* if i want to read a book, i'll go to the library thank you. i was hope'n for something a lil more exciting then this. back to the drawing board for my xmas gift i think...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    You all realize that the picture featured in the post isn't really the tablet right? At this point it is still a rumor, a vague one at that. Any 'pictures' that you see are just ones that fans made. Although the one featured in the post is one of sexier ones I have seen...
    Of course, but the idea of a tablet itself doesn't appeal to me at all. I know people generally tend to get hyped up and buy any new device with an Apple logo on it, but I don't see any purpose in a shiny tablet that a netbook won't do for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    why is it that every tablet picture looks like some gigantic iphone or ipod touch? i'm sure it wont have a giant home button like those devices...

lol and is that a rocker switch on the left side?
    Ha! I want it only if does have a two-inch mute switch on the side!

But, really... this thing would fill the niche where you spend most of your time away from your desktop NOT typing (surfing, media browsing.)

But I'm sure that Apple will screw it up (I do own a MBP, iMac, iPhone, iPod) by not putting in a flash expansion slot, small storage, limited battery life missing bluetooth profiles (iPhone -- DOH!) and I would still buy one, unless I can find an alternative that is extremely easy to 'hackintosh' (using it as a verb) since I no longer have time or patience to DIY.

well when it comes out ill buy one to mount in my dash i think it would make an awesome car pc.

that is if its 12volts like the mac minis that way i just gotta do a custom mounting dock then throw on a regulator and tear it apart to put a relay on the on button so when i push my remote start the tablet turns on maybe even tap into the batterrie for power to relay and use an rf device to trigger the relay if theres enough room in the case so it could still be removable

is there any usb ports?
    or anything else to plug my navigation and other things into
    is this gonna run a regulaur mac operating system or some crazy op that i cand put all my upfront software into
    Last edited by hecticelectricauto; 12-11-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast