+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analysts discuss the Apple Tablet Features

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Following news that Apple has been touting its rumoured tablet around media outlets, in order to encourage them to adopt the platform, it has now emerged that Apple has been
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Default Analysts discuss the Apple Tablet Features

Following news that Apple has been touting its rumoured tablet around media outlets, in order to encourage them to adopt the platform, it has now emerged that Apple has been showing the new device to analysts.

ITIC analyst Laura DiDio has claimed that the Apple tablet will come in several different models featuring a 10-12in screen, it will offering a variety of internet connections from Wi-Fi to 3G, and will offer a webcam for video conferencing.

She told CNN:
    "The tablet will change the game, because Apple will throw down the gauntlet at the competitors, and force them to follow along."
    Senior CNET editor Dan Ackerman concurred with DiDio's assessment.

"Apple will come out with the tablet and blow everyone away," said Ackerman. "Instead of taking along a Kindle and an iPod, that [tablet] could become the device you carry with you."
    In October, the Sydney Morning Herald revealed that Apple has sent specifications of the device to the companies in an effort to sound out whether they would be interested in delivering their content to the tablet.

That report claimed however:
    "The tablet is tipped to be a larger version of the iPhone. It is small enough to carry in a handbag but too big to fit in a pocket. It will have a touch screen and be targeted at users who mainly want to surf the web, read books and newspapers or watch movies."
    In addition New York Times' Executive Editor, Bill Keller spoke of an Apple slate in a speech to staff last month.

During the speech, Keller made a reference to the Times' strategy for mobile devices.
    "We need to figure out the right journalistic product to deliver to mobile platforms and devices,""I'm hoping we can get the newsroom more actively involved in the challenge of delivering our best journalism in the form of Times Reader, iPhone apps, WAP, or the impending Apple slate, or whatever comes after that."
    However, David Wertheimer, executive director of the University of Southern California's Entertainment Technology Center, admitted that he found it hard to "comprehend" how the tablet would replace all other mobile tech products.

"But then again, what I can't imagine, Steve Jobs often can. The tablet will be awesome, and my guess is that it will be an instant hit for people who loved Kindles and people who want netbooks," opined Wertheimer.
    In addition, a patent has recently emerged for what could be described as an Apple Tablet. Apple has filed a patent with the US Patent & Trademark office for a computer system where data is entered via a pen-based input. The accompanying images certainly hint that this is the outline for the eagerly anticipated Apple Tablet.

Source:Macworld UK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Analysts discuss the Apple Tablet Features-apple-tablet.jpg  
    Last edited by Melech518; 11-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

josh900 (11-19-2009), ltoms76 (11-18-2009), ReidWings (11-18-2009), Ryfly (11-19-2009), SunriseMoon (11-18-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Thats odd....how'd this get here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (11-18-2009)

Thanks

lol so i gess its not a rumor any more apple finally has a prototype

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Thats odd....how'd this get here
    in the wrong forum

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Should be sweet, can't wait to see one.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    in the wrong forum
    It was a test.....you passed

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if this will do to laptops what the iPhone did to the cell phone

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Im ready for the change, no more Windows for me.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks freaking amazing. Hope its big enough for two hands to type on while still being a touch screen. If its like iPhone and can only handle 1 finger at a time that will be a big draw back ya think??

Remember this is Apple, when the iPhone was first rumored like the iPod touch everyone said it wouldn't work but look at then now. I am just saying that I pray it can handle a two hand type like on a normal keyboard, not the two thumb thing like on the iPhone in landscape mode. Other wise the touch screen seems like it would be normal OSX with the new Magic Mouse, that thing is touch sensitive so it should be AMAZING!!!
    Last edited by RocketshipVirus; 11-18-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added due to a quoting...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocketshipVirus View Post
    If its like iPhone and can only handle 1 finger at a time

The tablet will only be a success if it is anything like PC tablets: swivel screen and can be used normally with a keyboard or folded up like a tablet. Otherwise it would be too difficult to use a full operating system, keyboard and all, solely by touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You have no clue what you're talking about. A tablet does not and will not swivel or fold. That's why it's a TABLET.

Thanks

Hmmm mite b time to get rid the air I just brought now this is looking real!

Thanks

And also what is the person talking about one finger at a time??? An iPhone is MULTITOUCH. the tablet will also be. You've obviously never used an iPhone.

I highly doubt it will be a full version of osx. It more than likely will be a stripped down osx or a beefed up iPhone os.
    Last edited by skj8100; 11-18-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

guys, look at the picture, the picture ......

Thanks

is that the picture? or somebody's photoshop? ^I also said good bye Air hello 13 MBP and guess what I still have the Air, now get rid of the Air for the tablet? It will have to knock my socks off for the Air to be sold!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Note: That is NOT the actual tablet pictured. Just a mock-up someone photoshopped.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

I doubt we get a customizable keyboard on the Tablet. Why do people make mock-ups?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Skj is right I smell a poser n00b obviously he's never used one as u can hold 2 buttons at the same time on the keypad...

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for this post, I've been anticipating the tablet but haven't had a firm confidence in its arrival, this post changes that. Bigger enough for a handbag but too big for a pocket eh? Sounds like it'll be about the size of a regualar-sized book. Can't wait to see it.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

How long have the analysts been discussing this?