Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analysts discuss the Apple Tablet Features

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Why would the fastest cell phone on the market be closed source and require "approval" to release an application? (That's just Apple.)
    Is Apple really the only closed source OS? What about nokia, samsung, and blackberry?

I really don't get what the obsession is with this. It seems like everyday there's some story on here about a rumor about someone that thinks that Apple might think about possibly releasing a tablet.

Whether they do or not, I can't imagine ever using it. I like my iPhone and all, but I don't play any games or anything on it because the touch screen isn't consistent enough. Transfer that to a computer that you constantly need to touch, and it doesn't seem like it would be fun. On top of that, I would think your wrists and arms would get tired from having to hold your hands above the screen all the time.

Overall, just not interested. All the hype surrounding it from the Apple Fan Boys just makes me hate it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Is Apple really the only closed source OS? What about nokia, samsung, and blackberry?
    Blackberry is more open than iPhone, Samsung's supposed to be rolling out their mobile OS soon enough, and no one cares about Nokia anymore. Not to mention, none of those are, like I said, "the fastest phone on the market."

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Blackberry is more open than iPhone, Samsung's supposed to be rolling out their mobile OS soon enough, and no one cares about Nokia anymore. Not to mention, none of those are, like I said, "the fastest phone on the market."
    Thanks for the info but Nokia is more popular than you think.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

not in the US.
    Last edited by skj8100; 11-19-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not technically a tablet? Then why is an entire operating system that runs on such computers named after the word?

Thanks

lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Tablet PCs do swivel. Do some research and you'll learn something.
    you better do some research and see there is a difference between the two bud.

yes touchscreen notebooks or tablet pc's do swivel or fold. true tablets do not. i admit i was harsh in my wording sorry.

Yeah, I guess I was a bit exaggerated when I said "no one cares" about it. What I was trying to say is that the mobile power user (e.g. someone with an unlimited data plan on his/her phone bill) most likely will not have a Nokia phone.

Thanks

not technically a tablet? Then why is an entire operating system that runs on such computers named after the word?

"tablet pc" or touchscreen notebook/laptop is different from a true tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    "tablet pc" or touchscre
    en notebook/laptop is different from a true tablet.
    not only that ITS AN OS!!! its for many different types of machines that have touch capability. whether that be a true tablet or tablet pc or touchscreen laptop/notebook.
    Last edited by skj8100; 11-19-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    you better do some research and see there is a difference between the two bud.

yes touchscreen notebooks or tablet pc's do swivel or fold. true tablets do not. i admit i was harsh in my wording sorry.
    Indeed, considering that a "true" tablet is typically made of stone or ivory.

playing B.I.A. on this thing or watching movies/ browsing web will actually be worth my... $400.00-$600.00.
    any more $$ than that and i'd pass.
    10inch screen doesnt sound too safe.
    the bigger the area, the easier to break... if iphone glass screen was like 1.5inch itd be indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowhatu View Post
    playing B.I.A. on this thing or watching movies/ browsing web will actually be worth my... $400.00-$600.00.
    any more $$ than that and i'd pass.
    10inch screen doesnt sound too safe.
    the bigger the area, the easier to break... if iphone glass screen was like 1.5inch itd be indestructible.
    I haven't met a single person who's broken his/her 15" MBP screen here at Pitt. And trust me, there are a LOT of 15" MBPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Indeed, considering that a "true" tablet is typically made of stone or ivory.
    Don't feel the trolls!
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 11-19-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default multi touch
    so the pattent says pen touch or whatever...but will this be multitouch...like iphone status?

This was a pointless article. Why would one speculate the fact of "several different models featuring a 10-12in screen, it will offering a variety of internet connections from Wi-Fi to 3G, and will offer a webcam for video conferencing.". I mean in this day and age if any laptop/tablet device doesn't have this then it is behind the game.

We all know its going to play media very well... that's Apple. I mean anyone, you don't have to be an analyst, will know these facts. Why don't these people try and figure out the hardware being used... that will be helpful information. I think the stupid comments like "it will be touchscreen" are a bit obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    This was a pointless article. Why would one speculate the fact of "several different models featuring a 10-12in screen, it will offering a variety of internet connections from Wi-Fi to 3G, and will offer a webcam for video conferencing.". I mean in this day and age if any laptop/tablet device doesn't have this then it is behind the game.

We all know its going to play media very well... that's Apple. I mean anyone, you don't have to be an analyst, will know these facts. Why don't these people try and figure out the hardware being used... that will be helpful information. I think the stupid comments like "it will be touchscreen" are a bit obvious.
    Why don't you actually read the article before commenting. This wasn't about speculation, it was about Apple showing the device to analysts and their thoughts on the impending iTablet. The main point was that the tablet is becoming more of a reality.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123