+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analysts discuss the Apple Tablet Features

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Gonna be interesting to see what the battery life is going to be like. I doubt I'll get one if it's not up to high standards.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Gonna be interesting to see what the battery life is going to be like. I doubt I'll get one if it's not up to high standards.

Thanks

I could only visualize the tablet being something like UPS or USPS uses for you to sign for your packages. We got the Kindle app and others to read ebooks How would I prop it up on my table without carrying something to Starbucks looking like a Ghostbuster with a proton pack????

Thanks

!horray!...one step closer
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i know a lot of you are happy about the tablet but does Apples effort in this cripple the hope of a new iphone this june? my contract runs out in june so im hopeing there is some incentive for me to stay with at&3gless.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

If apple stops producing phones they are retarded and will lose any grip they have on the market share. So the short answer, NO this does not cripple any hope of a new phone. Apple will continue to push out iPhones and new products every quarter.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Green Apple
    Thanks

By the sound of things, this might be just as usefull as a netbook. The description said mostly for web surfing, movies, and ebooks...I was hoping for a full OS with a bit more power. We'll see in the near future.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    does Apples effort in this cripple the hope of a new iphone this june?
    lol, only if Apple decides that they hate making money!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

looks nice, cant wait

Thanks

Yeah I was hoping for a full os too, but this mite not bad. Laptops are not that heavy if u need to do work, but a bit of a pain if all u wanna do is light work on the go. Hmmmm I just want to see the dam thing now'

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will buy this just cause I can

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about. A tablet does not and will not swivel or fold. That's why it's a TABLET.
    lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Tablet PCs do swivel. Do some research and you'll learn something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maknificent View Post
    I will buy this just cause I can
    god bless america... lol.

i think, if marketed the right way to the right people (not schlubs like you and me), this could be a huge change for things that used to be handled on paper. as time goes on, once this technology gets affordable enough (as it all does - calculations per second per dollar doubles something like every 9 months or so), a kid could go to school with one of these instead of 726847364 textbooks. a teacher could give out assignments over this thing, and the kid could complete it and hand it in on this device. the same kid doesn't need to physically go to the school library anymore, he/she can just log in for access. for that big school trip to the aquarium, no more permission slips. the parent just enters the parent pin number they set up at the beginning of the year and taps yes or no.

and that's just a school application. think how many great uses this thing could have. bravo apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

And also what is the person talking about one finger at a time??? An iPhone is MULTITOUCH. the tablet will also be. You've obviously never used an iPhone.

I highly doubt it will be a full version of osx. It more than likely will be a stripped down osx or a beefed up iPhone os.
    I don't know, i highly doubt it's going to be a stripped down OS X . Why come out with a product like this that will definitely get some attention and only install a stripped version of your acclaimed OS? A beefed up iPhone OS would be lame on a tablet. A full fledged OS X is the way to go on this.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would a tablet run a stripped down OS?

Thanks

I think this Tablet idea is really cool and would be sweet if it did run a full Mac OS! I highly doubt it though...
    I don't think this Tablet would take over more of Apple Macbooks on the market. It would be sure nice though to see a real picture and a release date lol

Thanks for the interesting info. I am really enjoying all this Apple Mac info and debating whether to head on over to the Mac side of MacBooks and accessories.

Apple tablet(s) in 2H 2010 with OLED screen and tailored content in tow?

Rumors of the mythical Apple tablet's release were just starting to coalesce around an early 2010 release, so naturally DigiTimes is now reporting that the much ballyhooed device won't show up until the second half of next year. Apple is said to have given itself more time to swap out internals and install a 9.7-inch OLED display from LG, which meshes with earlier rumors about where the relationship between the two companies was heading. Sources expect the opening retail price to be around a hefty $2,000, but for the budget-conscious there will also be a 10.6-inch LCD version that will land somewhere between $800 and $1,000. Or so we're told. Somewhat more concrete is the news that Conde Nast, publisher of Wired Magazine, has openly confirmed that it is developing a digital version of its tech magazine for consumption on the Apple tablet, with the rest of its content catalog to soon follow. Its own estimate of having the paid-for digitized magazines, which will include Vogue and GQ, ready for the middle of 2010 also jibes with the reported delays. Then again, Apple has refused to discuss the unannounced device with anyone, leaving Conde and Adobe developing the necessary software in the dark.
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/19/a...lored-content/
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 11-19-2009 at 07:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this thing better have a SIM card slot and bluetooth!!

Thanks

If it's a big iPhone, it'll be a big failure.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

The level of touch based interface that this device will have is going to change the world of portable computing...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

"The tablet is tipped to be a larger version of the iPhone. It is small enough to carry in a handbag but too big to fit in a pocket. It will have a touch screen and be targeted at users who mainly want to surf the web, read books and newspapers or watch movies."

That is some hard hitting journalism from Sydney.. Anyone with half a brain can guess if a tablet is being made by Apple they will try for something along those lines.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

You have no clue what you're talking about. A tablet does not and will not swivel or fold. That's why it's a TABLET.

Please, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Especially on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why would a tablet run a stripped down OS?
    Why would the fastest cell phone on the market be closed source and require "approval" to release an application? (That's just Apple.)
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 11-19-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost