+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Getting Busy on Mac OS X 10.7 to Combat Win7

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by sziklassy There is plenty to combat, so long as Apple is not on top of the market share, and as it stands they are far from it...
    My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    There is plenty to combat, so long as Apple is not on top of the market share, and as it stands they are far from it...

If all you really wanted to do was try it there was a working open beta for MONTHS prior to the release. It was free and it was more of a finished product than any beta I have ever used, and I have betad a lot of software.
    Yeah, my buddy is in computer tech school and he gets a crap load of OS builds for free. He asked me if I wanted to try Win7 but I declined because

a. It will not receive updates because its a Beta
    b. I have lost major faith in Microsoft and have little interest

But thanx for the info tho

tim

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Yeah, my buddy is in computer tech school and he gets a crap load of OS builds for free. He asked me if I wanted to try Win7 but I declined because

a. It will not receive updates because its a Beta
    b. I have lost major faith in Microsoft and have little interest

But thanx for the info tho

tim
    The beta updates just fine

During the Vista era Apple had plenty of reasons to promote OSX over Windows. Those days are gone now as Win7 is a solid OS. There is nothing you can take away from it. Its only downfall is pricing off of the shelf.

Apple can't sit idly by and I am glad to see that they aren't. Competition is great for people on both sides of the fence.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

@ The comments about running Windows 7 on Mac.

So if I were to go out and buy a MacBook Pro (Which I think I might as im using ASUS laptop and would like to try a Mac) it would be the MacBook Pro 13.3" Intel Core 2 Duo model cuz the new MacBook lacks some features. Would it be worth installing Windows 7 with dual booting a Mac OS? I heard most drivers seem to be working...

I just never had a Mac before and going from a Laptop with a ATI HD4650 VRAM DDR3 to a Mac that its specs are ok but a Nvidia 9400M... Im not sure if its worth dumping a lot more $$$ for the MacBook Pro 13.3'' and losing specs...

I think Mac OS is really cool and would like to give it a try! Decisions, I hate them! lol

@snap1500
    Great post! Made me think 2 about my decision now... LOL
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 11-19-2009 at 07:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

7 vs. 7 all out grudge match!!! Lol!!!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    already 10.5 beat windows 7 by miles! :-D
    -1 for starting a stupid war... AGAIN...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I'm for everything, so it doesn't matter
    I don't care if it's Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2, or Windows 7 Ultimate, or for that matter, the open source Linux Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, or Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, or Windows XP Professional SP3, or even the early builds of the Chrome OS from Google. I run all 6 of those in some way on my Lenovo Ideapad S10e netbook. In the first of four partitions, is XP, with Ubuntu installed within, and Chrome OS in a VMware Player virtual machine. Then the other three partitions, respectively, have Vista, 7, and Snow Leopard. Technically that means I run a penti-boot system, with an additional OS in a virtual machine. So there you have it. Everything is great.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123