+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Getting Busy on Mac OS X 10.7 to Combat Win7

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by rhekt apples snow leopard isnt competing with windows7 its dominating. remember snow came out before 7. sounds like a trailing effect. Snow Leopard is dominating? Windows 7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    apples snow leopard isnt competing with windows7 its dominating. remember snow came out before 7. sounds like a trailing effect.
    Snow Leopard is dominating? Windows 7 has sold more copies than Snow Leopard, and as you said...Windows 7 was released weeks after Snow Leopard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    I tried Windows 7 on my mac and I gave it a chance. Don't get me wrong I am a very gentle person when it comes to computers and a patient one. And I can say that Windows 7 is just as bad as Vista (which I had) and all it did was freeze and eat my battery..... yep thats Vista. I gave it almost a week and reinstalled it to see if it would help and nope..... its still a bloated os with a new coat of paint and outdated, bad technologies.
    Umm they you just have Bad luck i have it on my laptop and my desktop and it runs fine no promblem and never freezes on me i use a lot of programs at once and runs great

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is 10.7 being released to COMBAT windows 7; why isn't it just "Apple to release 10.7 sooner than you think". I swear you people write this stuff just to set up "winblows" and "crapple" rants. *sigh*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Snow Leopard is dominating? Windows 7 has sold more copies than Snow Leopard, and as you said...Windows 7 was released weeks after Snow Leopard.
    [again] >after<

as for windows7 selling more copies of course

its quite common knowledge that there are more PC users in the world than MAC users. that would then translate into more sales. however what that DOESNT do is translate into a better product....hope this clears the air.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Yeah... whats there to combat? Apple has a WORKING OS and Microsoft doesn't. Thats what it comes down to. I don't care what kind of bells and whistles Microsoft puts on their new OS's the bottom line is that Apple has a good product and Microsoft doesn't.

After Vista my faith in Microsoft = 0%
    I am now an Apple customer for life.

I would rather spend more on something that I know will work then get a deal on something that breaks all the time. My computer that natively runs Vista had 3 major crashes with absolutely no provocation from me, the last of which I had to send the CPU back to hp - Its wasn't hp's fault, it was Microsoft's.

Case and point - Microsoft shot itself in the foot and pushed every Windows user that was on the fence to violently fall on the Apple side.

tim
    Apple is like a pretty boy and afraid of getting their pretty little nails dirty and doing things the easy way. Of course their OS works because they only have to make it work for their hardware. If you can control which hardware you use, then you can make something work the way you want. Apple builds their OS for their specific hardware while microsoft trys to build an OS that will work with various hardware manufacturers hardware. Not a small pond of hardware but an ocean of hardware. Also, If those hardware makers don't write their driver software correctly, it will cause problems with sure with the OS. Who is to blame? We always blame the mother software when the child software can be the trouble maker at time. Apple and their fans need to stop being so proud of their little efforts. Microsoft is doing the hard work of making a universal OS. Things will go wrong for sure since they can’t predict how their software will behave with unknown hardware.

Vista is bad for sure. Id stick with XP or go with win7. I have both mac and pc. Here is how I use them and my opinion:

Macbook pro – I don’t use this much because not much software I want is on it. I don’t like how MS office layout is on mac so I don’t use it for office task. Same with photoshop and playing with pictures. I play with a lot of pictures and don’t want to have to double click to open a pic, close it, and double click to open a new one. Since I don’t do music, I only use the mac for web and movies sometimes.

Pros about the mac – Looks good with its metal body. OS is graphically appealing.

Cons – Metal body gets annoyingly hot. Entire design is more form than function (common with most apple product). Almost broke my screen when trying to tilt the screen all the way back to get a better view. OS is limiting. Can’t customize much.

Windows machine – Custom built. This is important because buying from dell or whoever, they load tons of useless programs that will slow things down dramatically (can be the cause of most peoples frustration). I run photshop a lot on this and occasional adobe premier video editing. Run Autocad and 3d softwares for work.

Pros – Does everything I need. Supports all programs I need and want. Lots of games. Customizable with themes (can make it look like OSX if you want). Can upgrade to new hardware as needed (especially video cards for me since I always want the new ones that comes out). I can scan through pics in a flash by pressing the left or right arrow on the keyboard. If im listening to a song and then decide to watch a video, I can click the back button on my mouse (no special software needed) and it will go back to the previous file I opened (the song I listened to before playing the video)

Cons – See notes below.

My macbook pro crashes on me at random time. While surfing, I would get the grey screen asking me to restart. Remember, I only use this for basic task too…I don’t hate apple or jump ship because of this bad experience like some people do. My windows machine crash on me once when a hard drive failed. Other than that, blue screens are very rare, I swear. Same with my sister’s and girlfriend’s PCs. So with that, I don’t see how windows is so bad.

Windows are not cheap to buy. You pay hundreds to get the OS alone. Windows are in millions of computers at home and business. If windows is such a bad OS, why do so many people keep buying it? Wouldn’t they get fed up with the so call failure rate and go mac? As for businesses, if the windows machine kept failing on them then that’s really bad for business due to downtime and loss of productivity. They would switch to a more stable OS if this was the case. Are they switching? Not really. Cisco is still buying PCs for our employees. They will also buy macs if the employees want but very few choose mac on their own. Tons of retails use windows cash register machines. Schools, hospitals, and government buildings still use windows.

Apple has alot of tv ad selling their product and at the same time bashing microsoft and all pc users (linux included). Very mature of you apple...And when theres a problem with their OS, they quietly send updates.

As for virus...Mac don't have much virus or hacking. what kind of dumb hacker wants to hack mac? what are they going to gain? They want to plant their bots in an OS that has more coverage and presence. an OS that is in government buildings and big companys. Lots of valuable data to steal there.

I think people are only switching to mac because they had such a bad experience with PC (bloated ones from Dell or HP) or because they want to be with the “in” crowd. To me, the mac is a basic machine. Doesn’t do what I need it to do, software and hardware wise. Where’s the tv tuner? Card reader? Blueray? Fingerprint scanner? GPS? Most people are not computer savvy and only use computers for very basic task like internet, typing papers, some picture editing, and listening to music. Other than that, the typical user does not need anything else and thus, the mac is the perfect choice. If you edit videos or have a band, the mac is good for that too. Windows isn’t bad for video either. I edit dvd size videos from time to time without any problems.

That’s my take on it and I’m sure many windows haters will have something to say. I’m not choosing sides, im just using what works for me. I would like to hear what others have to say because my experience will be different. Plus I would like to learn a few tricks or features in OSX that I might have missed (especially browsing through pictures quickly without having to install additional picture programs. This would help a lot)

Reply or PM me. Rude comments welcomed.
    Last edited by snap1500; 11-18-2009 at 01:21 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snap1500 For This Useful Post:

ggab (11-18-2009), ifonemaniac (11-18-2009), lilskaterpunk (11-19-2009), reanimationxp (11-19-2009), Rota (11-18-2009), TooSlo (11-18-2009)

Thanks

Well said!

Thanks

This is awesome news. Apple is working on an update to Snow Leopard!!

I thought they'd all just been on holiday for a couple of months.

And we really need a smoking gun? I can tell you there will be a Windows 8 in the near future, and I don't need a smoking gun to tell you that

Quote Originally Posted by snap1500 View Post
    Apple is like a pretty boy and afraid of getting their pretty little nails dirty and doing things the easy way. Of course their OS works because they only have to make it work for their hardware. If you can control which hardware you use, then you can make something work the way you want. Apple builds their OS for their specific hardware while microsoft trys to build an OS that will work with various hardware manufacturers hardware. Not a small pond of hardware but an ocean of hardware. Also, If those hardware makers don't write their driver software correctly, it will cause problems with sure with the OS. Who is to blame? We always blame the mother software when the child software can be the trouble maker at time. Apple and their fans need to stop being so proud of their little efforts. Microsoft is doing the hard work of making a universal OS. Things will go wrong for sure since they canít predict how their software will behave with unknown hardware.

Vista is bad for sure. Id stick with XP or go with win7. I have both mac and pc. Here is how I use them and my opinion:

Macbook pro Ė I donít use this much because not much software I want is on it. I donít like how MS office layout is on mac so I donít use it for office task. Same with photoshop and playing with pictures. I play with a lot of pictures and donít want to have to double click to open a pic, close it, and double click to open a new one. Since I donít do music, I only use the mac for web and movies sometimes.

Pros about the mac Ė Looks good with its metal body. OS is graphically appealing.

Cons Ė Metal body gets annoyingly hot. Entire design is more form than function (common with most apple product). Almost broke my screen when trying to tilt the screen all the way back to get a better view. OS is limiting. Canít customize much.

Windows machine Ė Custom built. This is important because buying from dell or whoever, they load tons of useless programs that will slow things down dramatically (can be the cause of most peoples frustration). I run photshop a lot on this and occasional adobe premier video editing. Run Autocad and 3d softwares for work.

Pros Ė Does everything I need. Supports all programs I need and want. Lots of games. Customizable with themes (can make it look like OSX if you want). Can upgrade to new hardware as needed (especially video cards for me since I always want the new ones that comes out). I can scan through pics in a flash by pressing the left or right arrow on the keyboard. If im listening to a song and then decide to watch a video, I can click the back button on my mouse (no special software needed) and it will go back to the previous file I opened (the song I listened to before playing the video)

Cons Ė See notes below.

My macbook pro crashes on me at random time. While surfing, I would get the grey screen asking me to restart. Remember, I only use this for basic task tooÖI donít hate apple or jump ship because of this bad experience like some people do. My windows machine crash on me once when a hard drive failed. Other than that, blue screens are very rare, I swear. Same with my sisterís and girlfriendís PCs. So with that, I donít see how windows is so bad.

Windows are not cheap to buy. You pay hundreds to get the OS alone. Windows are in millions of computers at home and business. If windows is such a bad OS, why do so many people keep buying it? Wouldnít they get fed up with the so call failure rate and go mac? As for businesses, if the windows machine kept failing on them then thatís really bad for business due to downtime and loss of productivity. They would switch to a more stable OS if this was the case. Are they switching? Not really. Cisco is still buying PCs for our employees. They will also buy macs if the employees want but very few choose mac on their own. Tons of retails use windows cash register machines. Schools, hospitals, and government buildings still use windows.

I think people are only switching to mac because they had such a bad experience with PC (bloated ones from Dell or HP) or because they want to be with the ďinĒ crowd. To me, the mac is a basic machine. Doesnít do what I need it to do, software and hardware wise. Whereís the tv tuner? Card reader? Blueray? Fingerprint scanner? GPS? Most people are not computer savvy and only use computers for very basic task like internet, typing papers, some picture editing, and listening to music. Other than that, the typical user does not need anything else and thus, the mac is the perfect choice. If you edit videos or have a band, the mac is good for that too. Windows isnít bad for video either. I edit dvd size videos from time to time without any problems.

Thatís my take on it and Iím sure many windows haters will have something to say. Iím not choosing sides, im just using what works for me. I would like to hear what others have to say because my experience will be different. Plus I would like to learn a few tricks or features in OSX that I might have missed (especially browsing through pictures quickly without having to install additional picture programs. This would help a lot)

Seriously. Another MAC v PC pro / con list is exactly what we need.
    Last edited by redcard; 11-18-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my 2Ę...

It's all about the kids. Years ago when I started teaching (early/mid 90s) kids hated Macs. No matter what, they hated them. "Macs suck", "Apple sucks", etc.

Now it's the opposite. ALL the kids want MacBooks. MacBook pros are a dream to them. OK, not all, but the "in crowd", the "cool kids"... say 90% of my students... want and dream about owning a Mac. It has little (often nothing) to do with performance, reliability or ease-of-use, just with buying image, brand, or snob factor.

We have a 2 year-old computer lab (Dells with XP Pro) with headsets and voice software so kids can record stories, dialogues, etc. It is always crashing, sometimes the SW, sometimes Windows itself. Ten years ago the kids would not have complained about Windows, but now all I hear is about how much Windows sucks, and why doesn't the district just get Macs like in the art lab. The change in perception is remarkable (thus, my remarks o.O). I think it all stems with the iPod and the "aura" the iPod gave Apple with the young crowd. I really can't believe the change in attitude.

I remember a couple of kids bought Zunes years ago.... I felt bad for them... everyone looked down on them. I remember one went right out and bought iPods after that.

Annnnnyhow, I really want to try Win7. If it works, I say "Use it!" (even if it's XP or 10.4)
    Last edited by ipoong; 11-18-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

people gotta know...plus just giving my 2 shiny cent on the whole thing

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Dude
    10.7 better be free cause I just pay for the Snow Leopard
    Thats exactly what i was thinking!!

Thanks

Apple is like a pretty boy and afraid of getting their pretty little nails dirty and doing things the easy way. Of course their OS works because they only have to make it work for their hardware. If you can control which hardware you use, then you can make something work the way you want. Apple builds their OS for their specific hardware while microsoft trys to build an OS that will work with various hardware manufacturers hardware. Not a small pond of hardware but an ocean of hardware. Also, If those hardware makers don't write their driver software correctly, it will cause problems with sure with the OS. Who is to blame? We always blame the mother software when the child software can be the trouble maker at time. Apple and their fans need to stop being so proud of their little efforts. Microsoft is doing the hard work of making a universal OS. Things will go wrong for sure since they canít predict how their software will behave with unknown hardware.

Macbook pro Ė I donít use this much because not much software I want is on it. I donít like how MS office layout is on mac so I donít use it for office task. Same with photoshop and playing with pictures. I play with a lot of pictures and donít want to have to double click to open a pic, close it, and double click to open a new one. Since I donít do music, I only use the mac for web and movies sometimes.

Pros about the mac Ė Looks good with its metal body. OS is graphically appealing.

Cons Ė Metal body gets annoyingly hot. Entire design is more form than function (common with most apple product). Almost broke my screen when trying to tilt the screen all the way back to get a better view. OS is limiting. Canít customize much.

Windows machine Ė Custom built. This is important because buying from dell or whoever, they load tons of useless programs that will slow things down dramatically (can be the cause of most peoples frustration). I run photshop a lot on this and occasional adobe premier video editing. Run Autocad and 3d softwares for work.

Pros Ė Does everything I need. Supports all programs I need and want. Lots of games. Customizable with themes (can make it look like OSX if you want). Can upgrade to new hardware as needed (especially video cards for me since I always want the new ones that comes out). I can scan through pics in a flash by pressing the left or right arrow on the keyboard. If im listening to a song and then decide to watch a video, I can click the back button on my mouse (no special software needed) and it will go back to the previous file I opened (the song I listened to before playing the video)

Cons Ė See notes below.

My macbook pro crashes on me at random time. While surfing, I would get the grey screen asking me to restart. Remember, I only use this for basic task tooÖI donít hate apple or jump ship because of this bad experience like some people do. My windows machine crash on me once when a hard drive failed. Other than that, blue screens are very rare, I swear. Same with my sisterís and girlfriendís PCs. So with that, I donít see how windows is so bad.

Windows are not cheap to buy. You pay hundreds to get the OS alone. Windows are in millions of computers at home and business. If windows is such a bad OS, why do so many people keep buying it? Wouldnít they get fed up with the so call failure rate and go mac? As for businesses, if the windows machine kept failing on them then thatís really bad for business due to downtime and loss of productivity. They would switch to a more stable OS if this was the case. Are they switching? Not really. Cisco is still buying PCs for our employees. They will also buy macs if the employees want but very few choose mac on their own. Tons of retails use windows cash register machines. Schools, hospitals, and government buildings still use windows.

Apple has alot of tv ad selling their product and at the same time bashing microsoft and all pc users (linux included). Very mature of you apple...And when theres a problem with their OS, they quietly send updates.

As for virus...Mac don't have much virus or hacking. what kind of dumb hacker wants to hack mac? what are they going to gain? They want to plant their bots in an OS that has more coverage and presence. an OS that is in government buildings and big companys. Lots of valuable data to steal there.

I think people are only switching to mac because they had such a bad experience with PC (bloated ones from Dell or HP) or because they want to be with the ďinĒ crowd. To me, the mac is a basic machine. Doesnít do what I need it to do, software and hardware wise. Whereís the tv tuner? Card reader? Blueray? Fingerprint scanner? GPS? Most people are not computer savvy and only use computers for very basic task like internet, typing papers, some picture editing, and listening to music. Other than that, the typical user does not need anything else and thus, the mac is the perfect choice. If you edit videos or have a band, the mac is good for that too. Windows isnít bad for video either. I edit dvd size videos from time to time without any problems.

Thatís my take on it and Iím sure many windows haters will have something to say. Iím not choosing sides, im just using what works for me. I would like to hear what others have to say because my experience will be different. Plus I would like to learn a few tricks or features in OSX that I might have missed (especially browsing through pictures quickly without having to install additional picture programs. This would help a lot)

Well i have the same situation.. and it's very true.

Yeah... whats there to combat? Apple has a WORKING OS and Microsoft doesn't. Thats what it comes down to. I don't care what kind of bells and whistles Microsoft puts on their new OS's the bottom line is that Apple has a good product and Microsoft doesn't.

After Vista my faith in Microsoft = 0%
    I am now an Apple customer for life.

I would rather spend more on something that I know will work then get a deal on something that breaks all the time. My computer that natively runs Vista had 3 major crashes with absolutely no provocation from me, the last of which I had to send the CPU back to hp - Its wasn't hp's fault, it was Microsoft's.

Case and point - Microsoft shot itself in the foot and pushed every Windows user that was on the fence to violently fall on the Apple side.

tim
    What a dumbass, you must be 13yrs old and talking about your parents computer
    Last edited by qgshadow; 11-18-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I was just using Win7 on my Macbook, I'm accustomed to OS X but Win7 is extremely solid. I would be using it now via Bootcamp if it would just partition my drive.
    srry to get off topic but i thought that boot camp doesn't support windows 7 thats y i been waiting 2 update

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    srry to get off topic but i thought that boot camp doesn't support windows 7 thats y i been waiting 2 update
    Windows 7 is supported and works with bootcamp but only if you are using the updated bootcamp that is in snow leopard. I think it's bootcamp 3.0 (anyone can correct me if i'm wrong about the version)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    It doesn't oficially support it but I've had only one problem since using the beta from earlier this year and that only happened after the RTM was released. My Razer Orochi will not work if not plugged in with the cord. Bluetooth doesn't seem to work on 64 bit Home Premium, and Apple doesn't have a driver included on the SL disk. It may be available for download but I can't find one that works, even the drivers compatible with Vista. Which is strange because a ton of things that are Vista capable are usually 7 capable. 7 runs fantastic, games are fast, booting is alot faster than SL but that's because I don't have anything but games installed. I installed the drivers from the SL disk but I cannot get bluetooth to work at all.

The idiot that said it was Microsofts fault because he had to send his CPU into HP is an idiot. The CPU is your processor only, not a single manufacturer refers to the computer as a whole that way, and haven't for years. Microsoft cannot cause a hardware failure no matter how much your biased feebleminded brain wants it to. People like you are reasons I love Macs and hate their rabid idiotic fans. Some asswipe on MacRumors even said that Bill Gates has caused more suicides than any other person or object in history. I consider your stupidity almost as bad as his. Most Mac fans can't think objectively, and your post proves it.

apples snow leopard isnt competing with windows7 its dominating. remember snow came out before 7. sounds like a trailing effect.
    How, pray tell, is that?

its quite common knowledge that there are more PC users in the world than MAC users. that would then translate into more sales. however what that DOESNT do is translate into a better product....hope this clears the air.
    Actually no it doesn't clear anything other than what you consider is better. An opinion isn't a way you can quantify something. You think it's much worse, and I think you have not used it at all. You are blindly bashing something you've more than likely never used on a daily basis enough to form a factual basis for your opinion. I'm not going to recommend you try it because you'll ignore it, but you are factually wrong. 7 is fantastic and a very good operating system for certain needs, just like OSX. Buy what suits you and keep your immature, factless opinions to yourself . I'll eat my words when installs of 7 delete whole users profiles and data and Microsoft calls it 'a small and rare problem,' or has extremely varied, and well documented problems due to software on one single set of controlled hardware like Apple has had lately. Then when they start deleting threads on forums complaining about it to try and cover it up I'll really shut up.

Nice try though.

Thanks

Windows 7 is supported and works with bootcamp but only if you are using the updated bootcamp that is in snow leopard. I think it's bootcamp 3.0 (anyone can correct me if i'm wrong about the version)
    thx i have version 3.0.1

Thanks

I think snow leopard should of been an update. i have it and i feeds like its the vista of Mac nothing that new just some UI changes. so im going to stick with my Sony Vaio Running OSX86 With windows 7 and snow leopard installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

apple is like a pretty boy and afraid of getting their pretty little nails dirty and doing things the easy way. Of course their os works because they only have to make it work for their hardware. If you can control which hardware you use, then you can make something work the way you want. Apple builds their os for their specific hardware while microsoft trys to build an os that will work with various hardware manufacturers hardware. Not a small pond of hardware but an ocean of hardware. Also, if those hardware makers don't write their driver software correctly, it will cause problems with sure with the os. Who is to blame? We always blame the mother software when the child software can be the trouble maker at time. Apple and their fans need to stop being so proud of their little efforts. Microsoft is doing the hard work of making a universal os. Things will go wrong for sure since they canít predict how their software will behave with unknown hardware.

Vista is bad for sure. Id stick with xp or go with win7. I have both mac and pc. Here is how i use them and my opinion:

Macbook pro Ė i donít use this much because not much software i want is on it. I donít like how ms office layout is on mac so i donít use it for office task. Same with photoshop and playing with pictures. I play with a lot of pictures and donít want to have to double click to open a pic, close it, and double click to open a new one. Since i donít do music, i only use the mac for web and movies sometimes.

Pros about the mac Ė looks good with its metal body. Os is graphically appealing.

Cons Ė metal body gets annoyingly hot. Entire design is more form than function (common with most apple product). Almost broke my screen when trying to tilt the screen all the way back to get a better view. Os is limiting. Canít customize much.

Windows machine Ė custom built. This is important because buying from dell or whoever, they load tons of useless programs that will slow things down dramatically (can be the cause of most peoples frustration). I run photshop a lot on this and occasional adobe premier video editing. Run autocad and 3d softwares for work.

Pros Ė does everything i need. Supports all programs i need and want. Lots of games. Customizable with themes (can make it look like osx if you want). Can upgrade to new hardware as needed (especially video cards for me since i always want the new ones that comes out). I can scan through pics in a flash by pressing the left or right arrow on the keyboard. If im listening to a song and then decide to watch a video, i can click the back button on my mouse (no special software needed) and it will go back to the previous file i opened (the song i listened to before playing the video)

cons Ė see notes below.

My macbook pro crashes on me at random time. While surfing, i would get the grey screen asking me to restart. Remember, i only use this for basic task tooÖi donít hate apple or jump ship because of this bad experience like some people do. My windows machine crash on me once when a hard drive failed. Other than that, blue screens are very rare, i swear. Same with my sisterís and girlfriendís pcs. So with that, i donít see how windows is so bad.

Windows are not cheap to buy. You pay hundreds to get the os alone. Windows are in millions of computers at home and business. If windows is such a bad os, why do so many people keep buying it? Wouldnít they get fed up with the so call failure rate and go mac? As for businesses, if the windows machine kept failing on them then thatís really bad for business due to downtime and loss of productivity. They would switch to a more stable os if this was the case. Are they switching? Not really. Cisco is still buying pcs for our employees. They will also buy macs if the employees want but very few choose mac on their own. Tons of retails use windows cash register machines. Schools, hospitals, and government buildings still use windows.

Apple has alot of tv ad selling their product and at the same time bashing microsoft and all pc users (linux included). Very mature of you apple...and when theres a problem with their os, they quietly send updates.

As for virus...mac don't have much virus or hacking. What kind of dumb hacker wants to hack mac? What are they going to gain? They want to plant their bots in an os that has more coverage and presence. An os that is in government buildings and big companys. Lots of valuable data to steal there.

I think people are only switching to mac because they had such a bad experience with pc (bloated ones from dell or hp) or because they want to be with the ďinĒ crowd. To me, the mac is a basic machine. Doesnít do what i need it to do, software and hardware wise. Whereís the tv tuner? Card reader? Blueray? Fingerprint scanner? Gps? Most people are not computer savvy and only use computers for very basic task like internet, typing papers, some picture editing, and listening to music. Other than that, the typical user does not need anything else and thus, the mac is the perfect choice. If you edit videos or have a band, the mac is good for that too. Windows isnít bad for video either. I edit dvd size videos from time to time without any problems.

Thatís my take on it and iím sure many windows haters will have something to say. Iím not choosing sides, im just using what works for me. I would like to hear what others have to say because my experience will be different. Plus i would like to learn a few tricks or features in osx that i might have missed (especially browsing through pictures quickly without having to install additional picture programs. This would help a lot)

reply or pm me. Rude comments welcomed.

omggggg i can't stop cumming!!!!! Post of the year

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifonemaniac View Post
    omggggg i can't stop cumming!!!!! Post of the year
    Hold it in please... for all of us

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow... I can't believe that this thread brings out such a strong EMOTIONAL response from some of you guys...

All I said is that Vista has been nothing but a stomachache to me. Since I have been a long time user of Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, XP Pro, and now Vista I am quite comfortable with the drawbacks of a Windows build - the major one being that the OS pretty much goes to crap roughly every 365 days. Then a fresh install of the OS is needed - this is with quite a bit of maintenance and upkeep along the way.

I am in no way a 13 year old... lol... or a novice user. I think its rather cute how people become "HEROES" when they get behind a keyboard and start talking about something they have a rough knowledge about.

If Vista worked roughly as well as XP I would be fine... but it doesn't. Some people I talk to love it and some go on a stark raving mad rampage when I bring it up. I am not a fan (of Vista) and I personally do not want to take the chance by investing in another $200 build of Windows or getting a new machine.

----I have tested out Linux/Ubuntu and like it a lot! It comes with quite a bit of great free software and runs like a dream. I guess I just need to familiarize myself with it a little bit better because setting certain things up is a pain in the butt! Like wireless cards and (some) plug-in's. I will probably end up using Ubuntu as a Vista replacement on my desktop when I get the time to learn the OS.----

I personally choose to go the safe route and buy a Mac (next time I get a computer). Everyone I talk to loves their Mac - and no, they are not 13 year old boys playing with their daddy's computer - LOL.

If you don't like that and think I'm ignorant then fine, that's your prerogative. But I know what I want out of a computer and what is going to work best for me. Don't go flaming me just because I have my own opinion. Heck, I may buy a Mac and hate it... probably not... but anything is possible.

tim

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realjaja View Post
    combat? whats there to combat? win7 is great but its no osx.
    There is plenty to combat, so long as Apple is not on top of the market share, and as it stands they are far from it...

I am not a fan (of Vista) and I personally do not want to take the chance by investing in another $200 build of Windows or getting a new machine.
    If all you really wanted to do was try it there was a working open beta for MONTHS prior to the release. It was free and it was more of a finished product than any beta I have ever used, and I have betad a lot of software.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-19-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings