+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intel to Roll Out Four New Mobile CPUs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
MacRumors is reporting this morning that Intel is moving forward with launching their Arrandale mobile CPUs in early January. These particular Arrandale CPUs are based on the "advanced Nehalem architecture"
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Intel to Roll Out Four New Mobile CPUs

MacRumors is reporting this morning that Intel is moving forward with launching their Arrandale mobile CPUs in early January. These particular Arrandale CPUs are based on the "advanced Nehalem architecture" first introduced into Macs just this year.

Citing sources from Digitimes:
    Intel plans to launch four 32nm dual-core Arrandale CPUs (Calpella platform), the Core i5-520M, Core i5-430M, Core i3-350M and Core i3-330M, in the first half of January 2010 for the mainstream notebook segment, according to sources from notebook players.
    The ramifications of this development could be significant, given the hype surrounding the next line up of product offerings from Apple.

According to published reports, the four new mobile processors will come in both mainstream and low-voltage varieties, which means they will work with the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air. Either way, the new chips will immediately increase the overall performance of Apple notebooks currently available.

The new CPUs, together with the recently released Windows 7, are expected to help boost demand for notebooks in the first quarter of 2010, the sources predict.
    The processor exciting most Apple fans is the Intel Arrandale Core i5-430M. While its top clock speed is comparable to that of the Core i3-350, the 430 boasts Intel's Turbo Boost technology, which enables each individual core to hit speeds up to 2.53 GHz.
    Intel will launch six more CPUs in the third quarter of 2010 with some models under its Pentium brand for the same segment, the sources noted.
    The last MacBook update from Apple came in what seems to have been ages ago - June of this year.

Image via Intel

Thanks

First, So does this mean a much faster Macbook or iphone in the future?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Intel rolls out 4 new CPUs, apple bans 3 of them from leopard in the next update.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

4. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

ifonemaniac (11-15-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    First, So does this mean a much faster Macbook or iphone in the future?
    i think thats what the news article is about...yeah. "the new chips will immediately increase the overall performance of Apple notebooks currently available."
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

My Macbook is fast enough as it is..i hope the newer Macbooks that come out next year don't provoke me to upgrade...

Thanks

Why do we need all this speed?

Thanks

Cool now Apple gonna put it in there macbook line and jack the prices up by coupe hundred dollars.