+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Manager Claims Mac Inspired Windows 7, Gets Slapped

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by braddahjosh I have to agree with you that snow leopard is unstable. I downgraded to 10.5.8 after multiple unexplaned crashes in snow leopard. And this is even
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braddahjosh View Post
    I have to agree with you that snow leopard is unstable. I downgraded to 10.5.8 after multiple unexplaned crashes in snow leopard. And this is even with a clean install.
    I have none of those issues you and girllll..etc have. Although i do use mozilla because i find it to be a lot more quicker at loading pages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by symondavis View Post
    Has no one noticed that over the years since 3.11 of Windows that their logo is slowly rotating and presently is starting to look like the OSX 'X' more than ever!

As far as I see Windows 7, I just think that this is the system that will bleed more users to OS X due to similarities of the visuals of the OS's, Once people start to understand OS X is superior and far more stable they'll just jump ship on to the OSX wagon.
    LMAO

or the other way around.

Since it has the "mac" feel why not use what the rest of world is using. (not counting Linux of course)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Amazing!
    Im God I know.

GGG MicroSoft Lovers.

EDIT:
    Here is one question for me to you microsoft lovers, if you don't like mac or yet alone apple,
    why are on modmyi.com? o_o
    READ MY POST HERE IF YOU HAVN'T READ IT YET.
    Microsoft Manager Claims Mac Inspired Windows 7, Gets Slapped
    Last edited by eZStaR; 11-12-2009 at 06:02 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Green Apple
    Thanks

AHHAHAHAHA now that's funny!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post

BILL GATES PRAISING MACS

THIS GG ALL OF YOU MICROSOFT LOVERS.
    Way to use a video from 1984. Why shouldnt bill gates like mac and steve job like windows. Both are great operating systems and a sharing of ideas is a good idea as both will benefit. Windows will get a sleeker look, macs will not suck.

Ive never had vista crash, ive never had compatability problems, ive never had a problem getting a new 1TB harddrive into my computer at a cheap price, upgrading my video and graphics cards for a cheap price. Ive never had to go through the maker of the computer to do what i want to it ( if apple even lets you do that ).
    Ill never have to pay a high price for a computer that does everything i need for $400 with a monitor. I never had a virus, spy ware, ad ware, a trojan or even a worm.

To everyone who thinks their macs are the safest thing around:
    Researcher cracks Mac in 10 seconds at PWN2OWN, wins $5k

Both systems have their flaws, so what if windows copy the design from OSX, when will mac copy windows machines and let me upgrade it as i please and lower their prices? Only then will i get a mac. I want customization options, thats why im on modmyi, to mod my iphone which i think apple did an excellent job making, its just i wanted to jailbreak because i couldnt do everything i wanted to it.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Im God I know.

GGG MicroSoft Lovers.

EDIT:
    Here is one question for me to you microsoft lovers, if you don't like mac or yet alone apple,
    Fail. You use Windows 7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDXDragon View Post
    Way to use a video from 1984. Why shouldnt bill gates like mac and steve job like windows. Both are great operating systems and a sharing of ideas is a good idea as both will benefit. Windows will get a sleeker look, macs will not suck.

Ive never had vista crash, ive never had compatability problems, ive never had a problem getting a new 1TB harddrive into my computer at a cheap price, upgrading my video and graphics cards for a cheap price. Ive never had to go through the maker of the computer to do what i want to it ( if apple even lets you do that ).
    Ill never have to pay a high price for a computer that does everything i need for $400 with a monitor. I never had a virus, spy ware, ad ware, a trojan or even a worm.

To everyone who thinks their macs are the safest thing around:
    Researcher cracks Mac in 10 seconds at PWN2OWN, wins $5k

Both systems have their flaws, so what if windows copy the design from OSX, when will mac copy windows machines and let me upgrade it as i please and lower their prices? Only then will i get a mac. I want customization options, thats why im on modmyi, to mod my iphone which i think apple did an excellent job making, its just i wanted to jailbreak because i couldnt do everything i wanted to it.
    LOL YOU MY FRIEND THEN DON'T USE UR VISTA FOR ANYTHING LOL.
    WE SIR DOWNLOAD/PLAY GAMES/USE PROGRAMS, YOU SIR OBV DON'T LOL.

Oh And just BTW, about your link "cracks mac in less than 10 sec"

Here is a quote from your awesome link

"He confirmed that he had researched and written the exploit before he arrived at the challenge."

LOL 10 SEC RIGHT RIGHT.
    I CAN CRACK VISTA IN 3 MIN IF I WANTED WITHOUT "WRITING A EXPLOIT" LOLOLOLOL

Oh and, if bill gates liked Mac in the earlier times, Im pretty sure he loves the Newest Macs. Lmfao.

So GG your link.

And what will Apple ever want to copy from Windows?
    All the viruses/bluescreens of death/problems that windows has? LOL kk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And CaptainChaos, you are right I do use Windows 7 { ONLY for AutoCad/and 2 games } Hense my sig saying "DUALBOOT" Mac Os X 10.5.8.

Lololol

I Win!!
    Last edited by eZStaR; 11-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

Sure. That's why your happy mac is running on a PC. If you are going to run around spewing the normal fanboi stuff you really should stop riding the fence.

Both OS's have taken what Linux users get for free and sold it to the masses. Had Linux began with a user friendly GUI you would never hear about Microsoft nor Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Whether or not Windows copied, it doesn't matter. There will always be critics. The point is, Windows 7 is a lot better (so far) than all the previous versions.

Also, when there's competition.. people tend to borrow concepts/ideas from others.. sometimes improving it. That's life, that's how it works. Windows and Apple are two different company, both fighting for our allegiance, pick one or get both (like me). Fact remains, this world is PC dominated.. so apparently Windows must be doing something right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Sure. That's why your happy mac is running on a PC. If you are going to run around spewing the normal fanboi stuff you really should stop riding the fence.

Both OS's have taken what Linux users get for free and sold it to the masses. Had Linux began with a user friendly GUI you would never hear about Microsoft nor Apple.
    I run both because Macs are too expensive, which is only downside to Apple.

And I though to my self, hey if I have win 7 ultimate already, why not just put in mac right? So I did. And mac clearly wins.

Thanks

I agree on the pricing. A Mac should cost no more than a PC. I am going the other route...next month I am buying a Mac and dual booting it with Windows. I run 7 Ultimate and have been messing around with Leopard on a co-workers Mac and really the only difference I can tell between the two is the GUI. Ironically enough it is the whole reason for this thread and I have to say that the Mac GUI is not very eye pleasing.

I want to be able to use Pwnage though so I guess I might as well get used to it.

Thanks

yup windows definitely copied mac fo sho
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

i love that i own a mac. everyone wants one
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Looks like the trolls are out in full force.

I'm off to play Modern Warfare 2. Maybe you Mac users will get a version in a few years.
    We don't want a version. We have a life, thank you very much.

Thanks

whoa, he types that he has a life.
    damn...what irony

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

haha like we all didn't know that microsoft copies apple =) i mean windows xp, 7, the zune etc etc etc
    their just always a bit to late

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Im God I know.

GGG MicroSoft Lovers.

EDIT:
    I can see from your posts that you're one of those true fanboy idiots. Your 'arguments' are absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, to answer your question, I come to modmyi because I'm not dumb enough to think that I simply *must* align myself with one single company and then worship it like it's God.

I prefer Windows on my PC and I prefer Apple when it comes to my phone.

Crazy how I can just use different companies' offerings for my various devices, huh? It's just insane ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

come on people Microsoft Is the leaders in this field Mac is sucks they have nothing to do but complaining from Microsoft.... asssssssssssssss

ah i have question can any one tells me why do resellers for iphone in any mall using their wireless equipment under windows operating system?????????? hahahahahah
    Last edited by pll226; 11-13-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by symondavis View Post
    Has no one noticed that over the years since 3.11 of Windows that their logo is slowly rotating and presently is starting to look like the OSX 'X' more than ever!

As far as I see Windows 7, I just think that this is the system that will bleed more users to OS X due to similarities of the visuals of the OS's, Once people start to understand OS X is superior and far more stable they'll just jump ship on to the OSX wagon.
    In M$ defence most of the issues with reguards to there product isnt 100% there fault. You have to keep in mind that when you run 92% of the worlds front end, you will have every hacker & cracker designing there exploits to break your systems. Also keep in mind before M$ a company having a computer network was thousands and thousands of dollars. M$ made small and midsize networks actually affordable. Now I am not saying that M$ isnt an evil empire who steals and breaks other companies to stay on top. but if you switched things around and put OSX, * linux distro, unix on 92% and had M$ as the minority they would have less issues with security and stability.

I dont care what OS you run it all came from *nix.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

funny!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...