Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Manager Claims Mac Inspired Windows 7, Gets Slapped

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait for Macwindows. Or wait WinMac. Winapple.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    ford vs chevy honda vs toyota suzuki vs kawasaki can't we all just get along
    No, Chevy FTW!!! lol
    iLive an iLife

Are Macs idi*t proof? If so, thats just wrong...idi*ts should be allowed to use them too

MAC sucks....

j/k, MAC is number one, windows is number two :P

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Oh boy... I can feel the mac v pc s***storm coming already...

The taskbar looks almost exactly like quicklaunch from the days of XP and Vista with the exception that the icons are much bigger by default (this can be changed under settings if you so chose) and that you open programs are now merged with the task bar and no longer their own bar. Two things were merged into one... truly the biggest difference.

Yet another person who seems to get all of his/her information from the Mac commercials

First of all im so glad he told the truth, even tho that other Microsoft tard tried to cover the fact that Windows 7 looks ACTUALLY was inspired by Mac OSX. Mac IS superior than windows. Vista was HORRIBLE due to it being so unstable. No one can say Vista is more stable than 10.6 OSX, because bottom line it isn't. I can state 20 reasons why OSX beats vista and windows 7 right now, but I will not waste my time.

Sziklassy alot of the mac commercials are actually facts if you haven't noticed. But I do not follow the commercials themselves, there are alot more reasons to why they are true, testing, etc.

Until windows gets a real terminal shell, can compile POSIX source and not have a garbage native programming api, i'll stick to Mac OSX.

Oh and for all you Microsoft Lovers, I think you will LOVE TO SEE THIS.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uau0aIbrzkQ&feature=related"]BILL GATES PRAISING MACS[/ame]

THIS GG ALL OF YOU MICROSOFT LOVERS.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eZStaR For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (11-12-2009), rumcajs (11-13-2009)

Yeah the random logouts, random WiFi forgetfullness = all things I had no problems with on Vista and Win 7. Not to mention the other issues people have with features I don't use (Guest Account file deletion).

You can keep sipping the koolaid but I stopped a good while ago.

Lovely

Not

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezstar View Post
    oh and for all you microsoft lovers, i think you will love to see this.

bill gates praising macs

this gg all of you microsoft lovers.
    lmao game over!

I don't see the similarities at all. It looks like regular old Windows to me, just more efficient, faster, and more stable. taskbar icons are bigger now, but they were always there. It's been doing preview Windows in some form since Windows Vista launched.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post

Aldous rallied, though, returning to the party line about Windows 7's virtues. "We've significantly improved the graphical user interface, but it's built on that very stable core Vista technology, which is far more stable than the current Mac platform," Aldous said.
    O.k., I have to say that should have given him zero credibility right there, Vista has never been stable, especially compared with OS X!

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Amazing!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

If only Apple could figure out a way to steal some of the good features from Windows. That will never happen though, as long as Steve Jobs is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarback View Post
    If only Apple could figure out a way to steal some of the good features from Windows. That will never happen though, as long as Steve Jobs is still alive.
    Which part? The crashing or the viruses? Oh wait, how about the unreliable updates? nah...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    I am taking bets on who the posters will be that will officially start the war....I have 3 names that stand out consistently as antagonists...

Any takers?
    I can expect who it might be

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4]YouTube - The Spanish Inquisition[/ame]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ifonemaniac For This Useful Post:

hancoma (11-12-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Which part? The crashing or the viruses? Oh wait, how about the unreliable updates? nah...
    No, I was talking about the interoperability, compatibility, customization and games. BTW Microsoft ripped off that crashing thing from Apple's OS version 8.

Thanks

Haha
    Last edited by ty22; 04-13-2010 at 07:25 PM.

I just rebooted due to this bug, it refused to release the icon into the trash.. and it was just hanging on everything. <33333 10.6.

Bill was obviously excluding the OS he created himself in that statement, and what he said is true.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2009-11-12-2.35.19-pm.png  

Lovely

Not

I just got Modern Warfare 2 for the Mac. It friggin' rules. No wait, I guess that was Windows 7 I was using. I seriously can't tell them apart, they look so similar.

Eat them flames.....

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I boot camped Windows 7 just to use MSN and I could not wait to get back to Snow Leopard, Mac is awesome!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    My Windows Vista desktop (win 7 too) is sadly more stable than my Snow Leopard Macbook. I'll see how 10.6.2 is going to work, but 10.6 was terrible.
    I have to agree with you that snow leopard is unstable. I downgraded to 10.5.8 after multiple unexplaned crashes in snow leopard. And this is even with a clean install.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to braddahjosh For This Useful Post:

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (11-12-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    One thing I wish they would copy is the thing where you hover over an open programs icon and it gives you a preview (haha) of that open window rather than having to click and hold the icon. The current way that it's done in SL is pretty tedious compared to 7. I really like that feature and wish OS X had it too. Plus, I's like to see iTunes not completely lock up my MacBook every time my phone is plugged into it or the 30 seconds my whole computer is locked up and the spinning beachball when I click the sync button. And get rid of the 100% failure rate of downloading any podcast (have to try multiple times and sometimes even quit and restart iTunes), though when I purchase content it doesn't ever do that. Weird.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast