+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Offers to Fix iPhone WiFi Problems - For $10,000

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
My last phone did this exactly as described right after updating to 3.0 right out of the box without jailbreaking. I had to get it swapped out. It would not
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

My last phone did this exactly as described right after updating to 3.0 right out of the box without jailbreaking. I had to get it swapped out. It would not even list most (usually, any) WiFi access points even when in extremely close proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    wow your dumb

Your dumb too...
    Oh, the IRONY.
    Last edited by CZroe; 11-11-2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well.. , with all my respects to GeoHot, But why doesn't he fix tethered jailbreaking for iPod with MC and 3GSs after week 40 before thinking of the 10k WiFi since he's so genius in iPhone system!
    sǝıƃolouɥɔǝʇ pǝɹıdsuı

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    one apple wouldn't give any one no 10k for nothing they got staff to tske care of this problem apple does not even beta test there product but geo hot still the man but 10k from apple lmao take from a former employee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well that's interesting, I remember beta testing 3.0 for months! The beta was available to devs for a while before it was finally released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ace01xc View Post
    one apple wouldn't give any one no 10k for nothing they got staff to tske care of this problem apple does not even beta test there product but geo hot still the man but 10k from apple lmao take from a FORMER employee
    Let me guess... You were fired, weren't you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

it would be great if he fixed it...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't hired geohot simply to try and slow the jailbreak scene

8GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.1.2 Firmware
    Winterboard Free
    Now with ANDROID Power!!

-------------------------
    HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)
    Random Eclair/Donut ROMs
    CyanogenMod Recovery 1.4
    8GB Class 6 Transcend Micro-SD w/ A2SD
    Compcache w/ Backing-swap
    ADOBE FLASH ENABLED
    Haykuro's Danger SPL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    ...and another ego that says "I can hack it for free."
    I don't see a problem with having an ego that big if you can actually do it. He SHOULD be proud of himself.

Thanks

Just because you cant spell dose not mean you cant criticize others for being clueless idiots. I want to blow my brains out sifting through all the stupid repetitive questions people ask on here about jailbreaking. Anyways who made you the spelling Nazi? FYI, Einstein was a horrible speller.

back on topic, my 3g works great but my dads 3g has been a turd ever since the 3.0 update. i tried everything to make his wifi work but no luck. apple said he could send it in but it could possibly cost him several hundred dollars to fix, and at&t wont upgrade him early cuz they are butt-holes. F-that!

ill never have another phone other than an iphone, i love em and ill always jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    ^ I don't understand how someone who spells so horribly runs around on the net calling other people stupid. Not everyone knows about jailbreaking. Not everyone is as savvy as yourself.

Edit: Geohot will never be employed by Apple.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to camperchuck For This Useful Post:

Dajokeisonu (11-12-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bet you could get 10K users to donate a dollar if you fix it for us!

Thanks

my wifi connects but drops soon after, and as for apple and geo i doubt its gonna happen but good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I remember way back in the 1.6 days I had a problem with greyed out wifi and edge problems after an extremely failed jailbreak/unlock attempt (lol). There was a program called swifi that would flash both the edge settings and wifi. Now I know that edge is not the issue here, but perhaps this could be a solution for those that are experiencing the wifi problems with the 3.1.2 update. Here's a link Wifi Fixer [iPhone Dev Team]
    Just a thought.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camperchuck View Post
    Just because you cant spell dose not mean you cant criticize others for being clueless idiots. I want to blow my brains out sifting through all the stupid repetitive questions people ask on here about jailbreaking. Anyways who made you the spelling Nazi? FYI, Einstein was a horrible speller.

back on topic, my 3g works great but my dads 3g has been a turd ever since the 3.0 update. i tried everything to make his wifi work but no luck. apple said he could send it in but it could possibly cost him several hundred dollars to fix, and at&t wont upgrade him early cuz they are butt-holes. F-that!

ill never have another phone other than an iphone, i love em and ill always jailbreak.
    You have apparently missed the irony and the whole meaning of my post.

Not everyone is a forum pro.
    Not everyone jailbreaks.
    Not everyone is going to know "the obvious" just because we do.

People come here specifically for help. If it bothers you that they are not well informed about modifying telephones then maybe a help forum is not the place for you to be trolling.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default suresh
    you can fix iphone wifi jailbroken and blacksnowed iphones by resetting to network settings. reboot your iphone enjoy ur unlocked iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks dude some of these people are pathetic jerks who have nothin better else to do then call out lame stupid sh*t like spelling when we are all here trying to have a conversation. If you purchase any kind of item you must have some interest in it. Now as an Iphone being mad money wouldn't you wanna know what the phones true potential is and its not that difficult to find information. As for all these people bashing Geohot why dont you all make your own jailbreaking and unlocking software and STFU

Thanks

since upgrading to 3.0 i have had no problems with wi-fi whatsoever, even after upgrading to 3.1.2 and jb'ing and unlocking with blacksn0w i have had no problems at all......

Thanks

Heloo people ive got a problem with my iphone ive been in europe for about 3 months the iphone 3g 3.1.2 worked find and great wifi youtube everything worked but now that iam back in the start nothin works swiched sim to tmobile and now nothing no wifi able to download blackrain unlock wifi come's and it go never alba to download the unlock software did everything like reset netwok reset phone off airplane mode everything reistall fireware i mean everything what can i do please help me i really need this phone on for work and home no other phone at home the use but buy another one please help me

Zef

Thanks

hmm I forgot about this thread..

I know everyone isn't a pro or expert, but you seem intelligent enough to see where we are coming from. this is 2009 and people should have some clue on how to use a forum by now, not to mention doing a little research before you try something out instead of just posting and expecting people to do it for you.

knocking someone for spelling is petty and only used when people have nothing else better to say. you could have made your point with out the insult.

I am here for help too but its almost impossible to find it when your sifting through tons of crap. I really don't like lurking and I'd really like to not seem like a troll but its just hard to get involved on here with all the crappy post.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You have apparently missed the irony and the whole meaning of my post.

Not everyone is a forum pro.
    Not everyone jailbreaks.
    Not everyone is going to know "the obvious" just because we do.

People come here specifically for help. If it bothers you that they are not well informed about modifying telephones then maybe a help forum is not the place for you to be trolling.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, will be ugly for us if the guy goes to work in apple, you can imagine if he has resources and time to develop locks???? that sounds scary 3.1.4 new Iphone firmware, brought to you by mR geohot... that sounds scary...

Thanks

I'm pretty sure we can all save Apple $1,000 if we all just take the time to press that Reset Network Settings button.