+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Offers to Fix iPhone WiFi Problems - For $10,000

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Patenting other people's code? Apple would hire the largest phallus in the nation and surgically implant it into his sphincter if he did that. Haha excellent point! I did not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Patenting other people's code? Apple would hire the largest phallus in the nation and surgically implant it into his sphincter if he did that.
    Haha excellent point! I did not consider that! But how can other people charge for a jailbreak tool then since that's infringing on apple's code too? If they don't charge for it Apple can't stop them, but what about those who do charge?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Conas;5028396]I say Geo should fix it for free, but he should rig it so that only jailbroken phones can reap the benefits of the 'patch'. Then we could go to the Apple forums and brag that our jailbroken phones work and their stock phones don't. Muwhaha ;-)

That would be hilarious, i think that would be great

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Captain Chaos as for my spelling thats none of your concern number 1 number two well if your going to purchase an iphone that costs so much money maybe you should inform yourself on the device thanks have a nice day.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

im having this problem too on my 3g its so annoying
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

To all those who say it would be awesome if he worked for Apple... good for him but bad for us. Everything he does now would be an extreme contract breech.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [rant]
    wow, geohot is kinda an egotistical jerk... i dont know why you people like him when its the dev team's work that we should trust and rely on since they actually test a product before releasing it... I understand ill get flamed by half of you for this but i have been an iphone jailbreaker and unlocker form the start and really respect the work the dev team does and wish that geohot would work with them instead of putting his face all over his buggy jailbreak software begging us for donations....
    [/rant]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dajokeisonu View Post
    Captain Chaos as for my spelling thats none of your concern number 1 number two well if your going to purchase an iphone that costs so much money maybe you should inform yourself on the device thanks have a nice day.
    d-bag. 'nuff said
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-11-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    I think it was more of a joke. Or a "f*k you, in ur face apple"

He can obviously do it,
    but I think apple just wants him to dissapear rather then come on their team.
    Raptors knows what he's talkin about ... also WIFI PATCH ON CYDIA FOR FREE who's with me?!?!

Thanks

I never have any problems with mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GeoHot Offers to Fix iPhone WiFi Problems - For ,000-8723_1246044389122_1169765758_763301_6880658_n.jpg  
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    George = Sheriff. I don't see apple telling him he isn't qualified
    sadly since he doesn't have a bachelors degree in engineering im pretty sure apple would deny his application although if they opened up some of their secrets to him, he could single-handily bring them to their knees in two days

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If he works for Apple, say good bye to his jailbreak/unlock solutions... besides, I'm sure he makes more than 10k with donations... do you have any idea how many thousands of ppl use his software and donate?? I guess we will neer know, but good for him so he keeps coming with solutions

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be bad if apple made him in their team, geo has got the skillz to be able to stop jailbreaks forever, and maybe even mess up people that have jailbroken already to force them on the offical firmware. that is of course if they payed him enough.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    [rant]
    wow, geohot is kinda an egotistical jerk... i dont know why you people like him when its the dev team's work that we should trust and rely on since they actually test a product before releasing it... I understand ill get flamed by half of you for this but i have been an iphone jailbreaker and unlocker form the start and really respect the work the dev team does and wish that geohot would work with them instead of putting his face all over his buggy jailbreak software begging us for donations....
    [/rant]
    Thank YOU! Finally someone said this. Definately don't want his ego on my iPhone...I will use his hack only cause I have too, and I'd thank him, but I really am tired of everyone and their ego pumps inflating his already oversized head.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Geo is the man I will use his tools as they are avalible his unlocks are free be happy thank him and donate blackra1n works he was about to fix the wifi till he saw it was apples mistake. If appple wants his fix they should pay him.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That would be so funny if Apple hired Geo for the job (they won't, And I have noticed wifi problems... hopefully Geo can fix it!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm26 View Post
    Thank YOU! Finally someone said this. Definately don't want his ego on my iPhone...I will use his hack only cause I have too, and I'd thank him, but I really am tired of everyone and their ego pumps inflating his already oversized head.
    Oversized? How so?

The guy solved jailbreaking/unlocking problems that nobody else in the world could solve (at those respective points in time). Hell, he rivals the entire devs-team combined. He may be a little flamboyant/narcissistic about it all but I do believe he's earned that right. Hell, Jody's $10,000 didn't even dissuade his "oversized head"!

Thanks

jesus christ... what on earth is driving geohot now gawd onli knoz

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm26 View Post
    wow your dumb

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    [rant]
    [/rant]
    Your dumb too, he does not beg for donations. He said if you want to donate here is the button. He does not demand or make you pay for it so whatever, do you have an unlock or jailbreak code that you wrote? Do you spend HOURS, DAYS, AND WEEKS devoted to iphone hacking? STFU!! Idiot.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-10-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

bbillh77 (11-10-2009), Dizz (11-11-2009), MetallicaFan1991 (11-11-2009), stevenAwadden (11-12-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I do appreciate what Geohot does. The guy is brilliant and contributes a lot to the jailbreak community. However, I do prefer the dev team method. They do seem to come out with the most stable jailbreak/unlock solutions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

I think all parties involved all have an ego. One ego to sell you an item that you can never truly own and another ego that says "I can hack it for free." By the way, 10.6.2 update is available. Why aren't we discussing that? This geohot tweet was a few days ago.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 11-11-2009 at 12:50 AM.