Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Revisits Recent Apple TV Update

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Revisits Recent Apple TV Update

Apple TV users enjoying the recently released Apple TV 3.0 update are being advised by Apple to install the latest update, if they haven't done so already.

Although the release was out days ago, the company is concerned that not enough users are aware of it or taking quick advantage of its availability. Multiple news outlets and blogs today are covering Apple's push to get everyone to revisit the last update.

According to MacWorld:

The recently released Apple TV 3.0.1 update stops content from temporarily disappearing from the set-top box until itís resynced.
    Apple TV 3.0 users (like myself) have been bugged by this problem for a while now. Seemingly without provocation, digital content magically disappears from the device. I can report, however, that the 3.0.1 update solved the problem for me. And if it's a problem for you, the update should similarly make the issue go away.

Users should restart their Apple TV by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in. Then, they should select Settings->General from the main menu, followed by selecting Update Software. Select Download and Install when prompted by the Apple TV.
    In addition to its troubleshooting attributes, the update, as some of us know, also brings with it a new main menu interface opening a direct portal to both rented and purchased movies, a wide variety of TV shows, music, and related top-notch multimedia.

The update also let Apple TV users enjoy iTunes LP and iTunes Extras content for albums and movies.
    Image via ubergizmo

was wondering why my movies would be gone sometimes. thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

why do bugs like this get by testing?
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like Apple should try a little harder to get things tested Fail

ive got the update...
    killall Terminal[]

Still way better than Microsoft bugs. Thanks apple! We love ya!!!