+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Apple Hunting Windows 7 Pirates?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Yeah... After Crapsta (Win Vista), there has never been a better time to switch. I don't care if Win7 is the best thing since toilet paper, I'm switching to a
    My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah... After Crapsta (Win Vista), there has never been a better time to switch. I don't care if Win7 is the best thing since toilet paper, I'm switching to a Mac. I have never been so frustrated, disappointed, and insulted over a piece of computer software in my life.

People pirate Microsoft software because it isnt worth paying for (I am not endorsing pirating).

Next stop - Mac'ville

tim

Thanks

I guess nobody considered that Microsoft sold a lot copies online with their download link through Digital River and Apple might be capitalizing on it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to charlyc For This Useful Post:

dale1v (11-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

interesting

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love all the Windows haters. I run Vista on my desktop and never had a problem. Put Windows 7 beta on my laptop, never had a problem. I know some of you yell from the mountain tops at how great macs are. Why, as some have stated, would I spend so much more money for a platform when I can spend literally over half as much and get a computer that does the same thing? So I can say I own a Mac? No thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded my copy of XP Pro that I had before downloading my copy of Windows7 Ultimate. Apple doesn't sell OSX as a download?

Apple is finally doing what they should have been doing all along...aggressive advertising. Allthough I do not own a mac I do hope that Apple keeps coming on strong so that one day the cost between a PC and a MAC is the same. I want to switch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good thing I'm wearing my aluminum foil hat! Apple's mind-control waves can't get me! Must be a slow news day for ComputerWorld to write this article.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Mac's are for art students and other "creative" people. Windows is for people who really don't care about standing out and just get on with a job without having to say "look at me, I've got a mac". As I said the statistics speak for themselves. Windows is better because it is more widely used. The only thing Apple have done that microsoft failed at was the iPod
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Mac's are for art students and other "creative" people. Windows is for people who really don't care about standing out and just get on with a job without having to say "look at me, I've got a mac". As I said the statistics speak for themselves. Windows is better because it is more widely used. The only thing Apple have done that microsoft failed at was the iPod
    I guess Fords are better than Ferraris because they are more widely used as well .
    Windows is more widely used because it was designed to run on every personal computer on the planet opposed to OS X which was designed to run on Macs only. The higher price point for an Apple computer obviously means a lower quantity demanded than that of a normal, typically cheaper PC and therefore a complementary good such as Mac OS X will have a lower demand as well...
    Once again we have a thread of uninformed people on both sides continuously regurgitating their fallacies and taking us off-topic.
    Last edited by dale1v; 11-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

hancoma (11-05-2009), Melech518 (11-05-2009), thetoothfairy (11-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This thread seems to be turning into an apple v windows slanging match now! Anyway, Microshite nicked windows from Apple in the first place, and windows 7 is just another move closer to osx.
    There you see i'm at it now!
    sorry
    cjwj
    PS And macosx doesn't get viruses n stuff like that - na na na na na!

Thanks

Sounds like Apple getting scared from windows 7 but whos knows just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Your right about that
    Last edited by nighthawk283; 11-05-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I guess Fords are better than Ferraris because they are more widely used as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Strange.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I guess Fords are better than Ferraris because they are more widely used as well .
    Windows is more widely used because it was designed to run on every personal computer on the planet opposed to OS X which was designed to run on Macs only. The higher price point for an Apple computer obviously means a lower quantity demanded than that of a normal, typically cheaper PC and therefore a complementary good such as Mac OS X will have a lower demand as well...
    Once again we have a thread of uninformed people on both sides continuously regurgitating their fallacies and taking us off-topic.
    you cant compare a ford to a ferrari, thats wayyyy off the price range, compare something like a ford and a toyota, that will make more sense, and yes everyone will go with the most used, a toyota

Thanks

What I find confusing is the ad is inferring: "Looking to upgrade your computer to Windows 7? Why not just buy a completely new computer instead?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    you cant compare a ford to a ferrari, thats wayyyy off the price range, compare something like a ford and a toyota, that will make more sense, and yes everyone will go with the most used, a toyota
    Yeah- I was referring more to demand of a good based on price, Ford/Ferrari popped into my mind first.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As a Windows user I can say that is not a need to pirate or wanting to do it, but why pay hundreds when you can get it for free :P

same with Snow Leopard, the Upgrade was only like 30 bucks or so, but even if its 5, why pay those 5 bucks plus the time to go to the store (or wait for UPS/FedEx if purchased online) when you can do a quick and free download

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Mac's DO get viruses, just very few. What would be the point of creating a virus that only attacks macs? Banks don't use macs, neither do the pentagon, so you creative a virus that will cause maximum damage. Simple as that. BTW Ford beats Toyota in everyway, except for the old Celicas.

Final note: I have nothing against macs or OSX, except for the "holier than thou" I get off the majority of mac users. I refuse to pay 1000+ for a computer when a 700 has higher spec. Show me a mac with 8GB RAM, Quad Core Processor and a Blueray Writer for under 700.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL, i did the same search and it popped up even on the main "yellow square" on top.. check out my attachment..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Apple Hunting Windows 7 Pirates?-untitled.png  

Thanks

I think it's obvious, people are looking to download the windows 7 beta which has been widely publicized by the media. Apple assumes people looking to download and try a beta, might be in a mind set to try something new.

Maybe?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pc is for poor people and Mac is for rich people. There i said it! can we stop this WAR between which one is better.

No one is perfect therefore no computer is perfect.