+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: No New Products Before 2010

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In what has become a pre-Christmas tradition, word has come down from Apple upper management that "the holiday lineup is set" for this year. Observers interpret the message as a
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple: No New Products Before 2010

In what has become a pre-Christmas tradition, word has come down from Apple upper management that "the holiday lineup is set" for this year. Observers interpret the message as a way of motivating shoppers who may have been waiting for new products.

Gizmodo reports on a comment made by Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing in the one-on-one media briefing. While they were discussing the recently released products such as the iMac 27, the new Unibody MacBook, and new Magic Mouse, Schiller made the following flat statement: "There are not going to be any new Apple products this year." After Gizmodo went public with this report, an Apple representative called them and refined the message to "The holiday lineup is set."

This language is almost identical to a statement made last November, a time when the internet was awash in rumors about speed bumps to the iMac line.

The comments may be an attempt to quash rumors sparked by the recent discovery of unreleased MacBook Pro models listed in a configuration file in the latest Mac OS X 10.6.2 build, or simply to get consumers out there and shopping for the holiday season.

image via Electricpig.co.uk
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 11-02-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When have they release entirely NEW products just before the holidays? iPods always get refreshed around Sept. They came out with a new iMac a week ago... what else would you expect at this point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yeah, I read that article as well....What you don't realize is that they say the lineup is set. Meaning, they have decided the holiday lineup, but have we seen all of it yet?? Furthermore, saying they will not have any new products this year extends as well to, do we know all of the new products yet? I like anticipation
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Napi78 (10-28-2009)

Thanks

What more does anybody want from apple seriously?

Thanks

I think Apple figures they are not a big Christmas gift item because of their cost , therefore they wait till the summer to roll out their products. This gives the consumer ample time to save his cash to buy an iphone or Mac . Because after all , arent these gadgets better suited for the buyer themselves and not as a Christmas gift?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    What more does anybody want from apple seriously?

Simple - a slate.
    Last edited by jrentzke; 10-28-2009 at 09:25 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Apple. Finally you can gave the rest of us a break.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple is doing fine as far as when they release their products... I think they are smart as far as when they release their products... people know whats out there right now.. can save up and buy for Christmas...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Yeah, I read that article as well....What you don't realize is that they say the lineup is set. Meaning, they have decided the holiday lineup, but have we seen all of it yet?? Furthermore, saying they will not have any new products this year extends as well to, do we know all of the new products yet? I like anticipation
    I agree, we don't know what they have done yet until its released, they might be saying the line up is done but the products aren't out yet, hummmm???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I think Apple figures they are not a big Christmas gift item because of their cost , therefore they wait till the summer to roll out their products. This gives the consumer ample time to save his cash to buy an iphone or Mac . Because after all , arent these gadgets better suited for the buyer themselves and not as a Christmas gift?
    you would think that a ipod or itouch would be a great gift for a parent to give to thier whiny children, not so much iphone or new macbooks, but oh well i dont need any of that for x-mas anyway im just looking forward to june for the next iphone release
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Macbook Pro 2 old
    To me, the MacBook Pro is too old!!! I need a new model.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We want that macbook touch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    you would think that a ipod or itouch would be a great gift for a parent to give to thier whiny children, not so much iphone or new macbooks, but oh well i dont need any of that for x-mas anyway im just looking forward to june for the next iphone release
    I want to buy my kids a ipod touch for Xmas but cant afford to get 2 of them and still have money for others . I remember just getting a $10 toy and clothes for Christmas every year when I was a kid . Things are getting out of hand and technology is ruining it for everybody . LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

oh boo... just gonna have to have santa bring me the "old" stuff...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...