+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Most Mac Users Would Pay More for Apple Tablet Than PC Users

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by redcard Your laptop probably looks like crap and you'll hate the sight of it in 6 months. It cost 1/3 of the price for a reason. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Your laptop probably looks like crap and you'll hate the sight of it in 6 months. It cost 1/3 of the price for a reason.

I could link you to 100 blogs showing that a Macbook can work out cheaper than a PC with comparable hardware. Google it.
    Well, as I said, macs are certainly better physically. I also mentioned that you're paying a lot more for the OS, and there IS good reason to run OSX. It's a great OS, and the OS is the reason it works out cheaper, because it needs so little maintenance, someone who can't reinstall an OS, or can't maintain their laptop, will simply buy a new one. My point is that the cost of the hardware itself is overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    This is wrong.
    The point I was proving was that it's not like there's any better hardware in macs. I was just going off memory from what I saw looking at macbooks a while ago.

Thanks

the only reason i havent bought a mac yet is because i cant afford a new computer and my pc works just fine for now
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

i think that mac users would pay 800$+ for a tablet is because they are just so use to pricey computers. I my self am a pc user but i wouldnt mind getting a mac but they are too expensive.

Thanks

I am neutral. I want the Tablet, but I don't want to spend too much money.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

lol when is modmyi gonna make a mac vs pc section for all these people to bash each others preference.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Simple for me: if it is an OSX device I'll buy it. If is a glorified itouch I won't. I want something to replace my laptop...

Green Apple
    Thanks

thx to these articles/research we will getoverpriced apple products.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It will sell regardless. People love new toys. I do. Apple can and will make a killing off of this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

actually logical that if you're already a mac owner that you would pay more for new mac gadgets as you know what you get! (Quality, usage, design) its the same with all consumer goods! So the surveys no big surprise for me... would be the same if toshiba or dell would bring out a tablet pc users would pay more for such a tablet the n a mac user..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I want the touchscreen coffee table windows was developing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Most Mac users would pay more? How about ALL Mac users would pay more! It's a Mac, of course you're going to pay more, whether you want to or not. The question isn't whether or not they'll pay more but whether or not it'll be worth paying more. I have my doubts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have to say that that table that they were devoloping looked so sweet. But im pretty sure its only for commercial use and they were supposed to be coming out with it next year.

i have to say it took me along time to decide to buy my macbook. i debated on it forever and now i love it and i honestly wouldnt ever buy a pc agian. unless i had to for work or something.
    Last edited by keatonec; 11-05-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12