+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boot Camp to Support Windows on Mac. Um, Soon. Unless...

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
are you people crazzy fighting against who has a better os or computer guys not even job or gates do this. and actually their the only ones that really have
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    are you people crazzy fighting against who has a better os or computer guys not even job or gates do this. and actually their the only ones that really have to care about all this they arre making money out that not us lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JailbreakThis View Post
    But what I wanna know is WHY ON EARTH would MAC USERS need Windows? I thought that Crapples could do EVERYTHING
    For gamers, they would get Windows because it is good for gaming. Mac users get switch from Mac to Windows? That is awesome, but Apple did not invent the first boot camp. I need Mac.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes Windows 7 works with the new update of parallels perfectly!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdogkirby For This Useful Post:

santaf (10-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was already using Bootcamp for Windows 7 beta. It worked fine.

-Matt

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've been running the Windows 7 RC since it came out and it's worked fantastic except for it occasionally locking up completely and forcing a restart every now and then. But I think that was fixed through Windows Update awhile back as it hasn't happened recently. Oddly it only did it while using Chrome or Firefox. But playing Fallout 3, L4D, Half Life (all the releases), and Fable 2 work flawlessly. I only use Windows 7 for games, but after mucking around with it I can definitely see a massive improvement and it would be very easy to use it everyday if I had to. It's not quite as good as OS X in some areas, and in others it blows it away completely. But I use OS X when I don't play games. Now if they could only fix the trackpad scrolling and overall sensitivity....

Thanks

I need to use windows OS, because about 10% of my work I have to do on Windows. It's suck but this way will save my company $$$$$. So if boot camp support Windows 7. I will be so happy.

Thanks

Troll huh, how bout your bring your bit.ch a.ss down from Palm Bay to West Palm and we will see who the troll is. Probably couldn't even afford the gas money to come down here seeing as how all the broke a.ss people live in Palm Bay

What facts do you need? It's a KNOWN FACT that Crapple users are ALWAYS boasting about how big and bad their computers are and how bad PC's & Windows sucks, yet here they are all talking about how they RUN WINDOWS ON THEIR CRAPPLE's.

If your too dumb to comprehend that then perhaps you should sell your PC and jump on the Crapple bandwagon as well.
    Learn grammar. Grow up. If there's anymore profanity from you, you can use your PC to find another site.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried to set up my MacBook pro unibody using bootcamp to load Windows 7. Seems to work ok until Windows updates some drivers. After restart, win7 locks up tight. Does the same thing if I use the Snow Leopard disk to update the Vista drivers.

Alternatively, Win7 works ok with running in VMware fusion on Snow leopard. It is a bit slow but not too bad. Unfortunately, Windows virtural pc doesn't work this way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    sweet now i need a mac
    No, you've ALWAYS needed one. You've just only now been enlightened that you do.

Thanks

But what I wanna know is WHY ON EARTH would MAC USERS need Windows? I thought that Crapples could do EVERYTHING
    Games. Windows wins for games. Hands down. Simple enough for you? Happy now?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I need Windows on my MBP for WLM as MS I think has just totally stopped supporting and developing WLM since version 7.0.2, which barely works since SL. Maybe also I need Windows as WMP is waaayy better than QT and iTunes.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I need Windows on my MBP for WLM as MS I think has just totally stopped supporting and developing WLM since version 7.0.2, which barely works since SL. Maybe also I need Windows as WMP is waaayy better than QT and iTunes.
    You cannot be serious about using windows just for that. Ever heard of Adium for IM? Songbird for music? VLC for videos? WOW, A.T. Are you sure you own a mac?
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-24-2009 at 09:19 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    I already have new macbook pro running with windows 7 32 bit and snow leopard and its works awsum and flawlessly.//.
    Same here been running it for months!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got done installing windows 7 on my MBP unibody couple of hours ago.
    Thru bootcamp.Everything works .

Thanks

simply because the rest of the world is so saturated MS products that you cant help but to use it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I have WIN on my mac so I can boot it - point and laugh - and turn it back off.

Thanks

I have had Windows 7 installed on a June 2009 Macbook Pro, and ran it through bootcamp but had real bad problems with the temperature my MBP is getting to while use W7, even from general use. I see that many people are running W7 really well, so are you's getting heat problems?

and A.T, i am sure that MS is still working on WLM for mac, i can remember reading there were beta's of windows live messenger for mac 8.x or something, with support of video chat and video calls or rather, hopefully it gets finished

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Something people missed here (it seems) is that I don't see anywhere that Apple said Win7 won't work with bootcamp currently. They are probably rolling out an update to bootcamp that officially supports Win7 (aka please don't ***** to us right now if Win7 doesn't work for you on your Mac with bootcamp, we will update when we are good and ready). That, and I bet they want to make sure any launch issues with Win7 are ironed out before they start officially saying it works.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

woohoo using my free windows 7 it's soo much more smooth than vista my computer used to run really hard and slow wheni was running vista now windows seven it's like i was only runnin one os (i use parallels)