+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fires Back at Windows with Three New Ads

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by jrm000 I like the ipods and that stuff but i hate how apple thinks there better because they sell all there cracks sorry macs for what like
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrm000 View Post
    I like the ipods and that stuff but i hate how apple thinks there better because they sell all there cracks sorry macs for what like $1000 or more? I hate apple. SCREW APPLE!
    settle down Emilio, its ok, one when you grow up you will be able to save ur pennies for a real computer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Sounds like a user issue rather than a computer issue. An operating system can't "mess up" a computer. I run Windows 7 on a netbook, which pretty much has the most bottom of the barrel hardware on the market these days, and have never had an issue. I didn't even have to install any drivers, they installed with the OS. On my desktop with a mix of hardware ranging from a 2 year old motherboard to a brand new video card, a processor from some time in between those two, and other assorted hardware, every driver installed fine, despite some of the obscure things I have in there. The entire Windows 7 install process takes a grand total of 3-4 actual user inputs. Select the drive, Windows installs, type your name and password, set Windows Update settings, connect to the internet, done. Please fill me in on what can "mess up" on the idiot-proof install.
    Seems to be the problem with most Mac users.
    Calm down there buddy...the problem is that most computers running XP have out of date video cards...hence the install does not go without a hitch. Windows XP was released in 2001, that is 8 years ago! There are too many machines that just cannot handle the Windows 7 install without upgrading hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by ride79 View Post
    Maybe you should buy real VAIO's, maybe you got your Viao's where you got your NCLKA N95 too? lol...j/k

I have both PC and Mac, PC all the way and running Vista.

I do not know wtf you are talking about, nclka n95? and the Viao's were all purchased direct from sony.

Windows 7- $119.99
    Snow Leopard- $29
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

PC SUCK A** Period..
    [SIhttp://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2631011&dateline=1251 526432GPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ride79 View Post
    Maybe you should buy real VAIO's, maybe you got your Viao's where you got your NCLKA N95 too? lol...j/k
    You don't know him very well, he doesn't choose the cheap option on anything.

Man I hate these threads

Thanks

Me too, ugh!

PS- You know me too well!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to laugh at all this Apple vs. PC stuff. You guy's kill me arguing over this stuff.
    The Apple is pretty, it's flashy, it does some things very well. Most of all it looks trendy when you are sitting at Starbucks sipping on your no fat, no foam, double latte, pumpkin spice, Venti whatever drink.

Bottom line, whether you like it or not the PC still is #1 and always will be.

PORT WASHINGTON, NEW YORK, OCTOBER 5, 2009 - According to leading market research company The NPD Group’s 2009 Household Penetration Study, approximately 12 percent of all U.S. computer owning households own an Apple computer, up from 9 percent in 2008. While Apple ownership is growing, those households are decidedly in favor of mixed system environments. Of those 12 percent, nearly 85 percent also own a Windows-based PC.
    I think that pretty much sums it up. Apple has 12% of the market. Out of that 12%, 85% also own a PC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    I wish this one would air. This is cool

YouTube - iDon't Care
    that was so good lol

MCN
    Thanks

Apple mentions how Microsoft needs to release Updates to fix problems and tries to present their OS as flawless...If OSX was as mainstream as Windows they would have the same issues...anything can be exploited....as a matter of fact I typed this on a pc with Apples wireless keyboard...

To sum it up.... PC = Jail Broken iPhone
    Still a bit fresh at this...and will evolve to FRESH in a Bel Air type of way!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I do not know wtf you are talking about, nclka n95? and the Viao's were all purchased direct from sony.
    Dude, chill. He's making fun of your spelling. Nclka N95 = Nokia N95 and you keep saying VIAO when it's actually VAIO.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Calling each other names over a PERSONAL preference is just lame.

Both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I used Windows for years, and right about the time Vista came out, I started using a Mac at work.

For me, the transition from XP to Mac was a lot easier and more intuitive than the transition to Vista. As a matter of fact, I gave up the transition to Vista. I really don't like it when I can't do basic tasks the same way I have since, oh say Windows 98, all of a sudden.

So now I have a Mac with XP in BootCamp, although I run most of my Windows programs using CrossOver. If Windows 7 really is just a tweaked up version of Vista, I don't really see any need for me to get it. (This is me personally. I'm not a gamer, so *yawn*.) I'm sure in the future I will own another PC.

Somebody mentioned the "Customer Satisfaction" point. For the most part, I don't feel that the people who frequent these forums are your average everyday computer consumer. I know that my knowledge of computers doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, however, I'm still the person everyone in the family calls when they have a problem with a computer. So for those people, who don't know as much as we do, customer satisfaction is a huge selling point. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

That being said, I do think Apple could benefit from a new advertising campaign.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
    I have to laugh at all this Apple vs. PC stuff. You guy's kill me arguing over this stuff.
    The Apple is pretty, it's flashy, it does some things very well. Most of all it looks trendy when you are sitting at Starbucks sipping on your no fat, no foam, double latte, pumpkin spice, Venti whatever drink.

Bottom line, whether you like it or not the PC still is #1 and always will be.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Apple has 12% of the market. Out of that 12%, 85% also own a PC.

LOL! What do you think you're doing?

These commercials are awesome, very funny. I also think its funny how the words, "mac fanboy" always have to be brought up by someone haha. Its to the point where ppl are just bringing it up to get attention or to be cool and go against Mac. (Immature). Mac and PC are both all around great computers, it just comes down to personal preference, but it doesn't mean you need to slam the other side down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eternalza View Post
    Dude, chill. He's making fun of your spelling. Nclka N95 = Nokia N95 and you keep saying VIAO when it's actually VAIO.
    Just goes to show you how much I care about Sony PCs or any PC

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad I chose the new MBP over a Sony Vaio right at the end minute, then Snow Leopard came and messed everything up,!! Right now I prefer Windows over Mac. Apple are being douchebags this year.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    The reason why they should lower their prices is so they wouldnt play second fiddle to PC's anymore as far as sales are concerned . Thats all ! As for being crap , it all depends on the system you get. Sure their are a lot of low end systems out there , but most of those are for the low income families that cant afford $1000 to surf the web . Or students that cant afford tuition and the cost of a Mac laptop.
    Even the most low end pc available today is easily upgradeable. buy a $300 e-machines (MS brand), spend $200 on RAM and a new CPU (you can get duo cores for 100-150 now a days), and you have a pc that will run cirlces around any mac that costs 2-3 times as much...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

(A/P) "Microsoft introduced their newest OS yesterday, Windows 7. Among the new features: Starting up, and working."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (10-24-2009), steve-z17 (10-24-2009)

Thanks

Calm down there buddy...the problem is that most computers running XP have out of date video cards...hence the install does not go without a hitch. Windows XP was released in 2001, that is 8 years ago! There are too many machines that just cannot handle the Windows 7 install without upgrading hardware.

Windows 7- $119.99
    Snow Leopard- $29

not sure where you got that info. I installed 7 on my brothers computer that was running XP previously. Installed ZERO new hardware...had to update ONE driver for the video card and that was it. 7 is running like a champ on one gig RAM, and his PC is at least 4-6 yrs old ...

Don't prejudge 7 just cuzz you needed RAM ad infinitum in order to get vista just to fire up...vista ultimate-at least 4 gigs just to get it to function...7 ultimate-smokin on 4 gigs or less (x86 that is, not sure about x64)

Snow Leopard-$29.99
    Windows 7-$0.00 ( if you know where too look...i'm just sayin)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    (A/P) "Microsoft introduced their newest OS yesterday, Windows 7. Among the new features: Starting up, and working."

now i gotta admit that was funny
    Last edited by creasy425; 10-24-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    On newegg you can buy 4GB of RAM and a dual core for right around $100. Just a couple weeks ago I built an awesome gaming computer for a friend for $580 shipped. I installed Windows 7 on it and it is just insanely fast and powerful. For maybe $50 more I could have gone with a quad core for him, but he had no use for it.

Why anyone would spend $2000 on a computer that isn't as powerful and dictates what you can put on it always blows my mind.
    You'll have to excuse my price quoting. Haven't needed to buy parts in several months...but in regards to the rest of ur post

"the defense rests"!!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

Rota (10-24-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    not sure where you got that info. I installed 7 on my brothers computer that was running XP previously. Installed ZERO new hardware...had to update ONE driver for the video card and that was it. 7 is running like a champ on one gig RAM, and his PC is at least 4-6 yrs old ...

Don't prejudge 7 just cuzz you needed RAM ad infinitum in order to get vista just to fire up...vista ultimate-at least 4 gigs just to get it to function...7 ultimate-smokin on 4 gigs or less (x86 that is, not sure about x64)

Snow Leopard-$29.99
    Windows 7-$0.00 ( if you know where too look...i'm just sayin)
    I never mentioned anything about RAM, I was talking about a Video card...

You can get Snow Leopard at no cost as well if you know where to look...but that wasnt the point. EIther way there is no way anyone can ever win this battle. So long....

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

That made me laugh....out loud....

Thanks

I never mentioned anything about RAM, I was talking about a Video card...

You can get Snow Leopard at no cost as well if you know where to look...but that wasnt the point. EIther way there is no way anyone can ever win this battle. So long....
    The last sentence of ur post said something about not being able to run 7 without upgrading hardware, you didn't specify which hardware (you mentioned a video card in the first sentence of ur post).....last time i checked RAM is hardware...I never implied thers was a way someone would win this battle. you pointed out the cost of the two, so i pointed out something else as a counter point. No offense but, any particular reason you tend to get snarky when someone disagrees with you?