+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fires Back at Windows with Three New Ads

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It seems like the only line Apple can come out with is "Number one in customer satisfaction," which while that is an excellent marketing point, they need to come out
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It seems like the only line Apple can come out with is "Number one in customer satisfaction," which while that is an excellent marketing point, they need to come out with something new.

I imagine that if Microsoft developed for only .000000001% of possible hardware configurations like Apple does, they might have a better chance at "Number one in customer satisfaction."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I love how the commercials found nothing to poke fun of about windows 7 that and every commercial was OMG OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE ROCKS

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NHSKayak View Post
    It seems like the only line Apple can come out with is "Number one in customer satisfaction," which while that is an excellent marketing point, they need to come out with something new.

I imagine that if Microsoft developed for only .000000001% of possible hardware configurations like Apple does, they might have a better chance at "Number one in customer satisfaction."
    Forgive my ignorance, but I would like a little clarification on the statement of developing for x% of possible hardware configurations...what does that mean?

It seems that both products offer the same hardware configurations...i.e.; cd/dvd burner, wireless, usb ports, firewire, etc....

Please help me to understand this....I find everyone's statements compelling...but at the end of the day, what matters is our personal choice.

My personal choice is the product/platform that provides me exactly what i want with the least issues.
    If someone makes something better...then I'm onboard for that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone yoTelefonoCuatro's Avatar
    Thanks

love em
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hancoma View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I would like a little clarification on the statement of developing for x% of possible hardware configurations...what does that mean?

It seems that both products offer the same hardware configurations...i.e.; cd/dvd burner, wireless, usb ports, firewire, etc....

Please help me to understand this....I find everyone's statements compelling...but at the end of the day, what matters is our personal choice.

My personal choice is the product/platform that provides me exactly what i want with the least issues.
    If someone makes something better...then I'm onboard for that...
    Apple's software is made to support one type of hardware- Apple hardware. It's all made by them. Which is why their customer service can be so 'stellar' because if there is an error, it can be quickly found and fixed. Where as Microsoft computers are made to support most hardware; and when you begin to swap and trade PC parts, errors can arise. Apple is trying only to manufacture for themselves (not a wrong business move) wheres as Microsoft is trying to cater to, well, everyone else. This is why you see Dell computers, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, etc.

The only 'other' OSX you'll see is on a Pystar
    JaydeTech-Themes, Tutorials, Hacks, Tips, and More
    I don't believe in charging for themes...but I believe in donations for great work
    Current WIP- Natural Theme

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaydeTech For This Useful Post:

hancoma (10-23-2009), techrider62 (10-23-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    "Mac doesn't run anything" then you say: "Linux ftw"- No sense whatsoever. You do know that every common application has a mac version as well? Stop living in the pre-intel days.

On another note, there's this thing that just annoys me when people say MAC to refer to Apple computers- STOP IT!! it's not MAC. MAC= Media Access Control= a unique hardware address that is assigned to the Network Interface Cards (NIC) or the Network Adapters.
    The ads on tv say mac not apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    haha love these commercials.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

apple bashes old news, windows bashes current news.

i love the battle tho, good humor for sure
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaydeTech View Post
    Apple is trying only to manufacture for themselves (not a wrong business move) wheres as Microsoft is trying to cater to, well, everyone else. This is why you see Dell computers, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, etc.

The only 'other' OSX you'll see is on a Pystar
    not sure if you remeber but Apple back in the early 80's let other companies build there version of mac computers... and let me tell you NO ONE can build a mac like Apple can. if I'm not mistaken during that time Apple lost a lot of respect from there followers because of cheaper quality product which lead to more product failure.... i'm not saying who's right or wrong here, but am happy that Apple doesn't let any other companies build CRAP for them. just my thoughts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    On another note, there's this thing that just annoys me when people say MAC to refer to Apple computers- STOP IT!! it's not MAC. MAC= Media Access Control= a unique hardware address that is assigned to the Network Interface Cards (NIC) or the Network Adapters.
    No offense intended but there are the "Mac" Books and the "Mac" Book Pros, the i"Mac", "Mac" World, the "Mac" Mini [I could go on] and, of course, the TV ads that clearly state "I am a 'Mac'".

Knees jerk much?
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 10-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Laferney View Post
    not sure if you remeber but Apple back in the early 80's let other companies build there version of mac computers... and let me tell you NO ONE can build a mac like Apple can. if I'm not mistaken during that time Apple lost a lot of respect from there followers because of cheaper quality product which lead to more product failure.... i'm not saying who's right or wrong here, but am happy that Apple doesn't let any other companies build CRAP for them. just my thoughts
    Thanks for the clarification guys. When I read the original post I misunderstood it to mean hardware configurations, when the issue is hardware configurations from separate vendors....
    I guess I think to literal.

Anyway, as I stated earlier...15 years on p/c's...now on a Mac...with no issues...so I am ok with them only using their own hardware as long as it keeps my system stable.
    Regardless of the vendor...data integrity and stability is the key...

I cannot tell you the times I have had a presentation for work due on excel only to have it crash, not recoverable, etc.

Now I wonder how much of what everyone assumes to be a windows issue is really compatibility issues from vendor hardware?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
    I highly doubt that my friend, and i think most of us here would agree.

Sorry MAC just isn't that good..
    This is all preference. Truth is that most users have owned a PC before ever switching to an Apple device. I personally made the leap a few years ago and never looked back. There is so much more I can do on my MBP then I could ever do on my crappy Sony Viao's..yes plural, I had to buy a new one every year.

If you take the time to get used to using an Apple computer after years of using windows, you will start to notice the difference. I learned the insides and outs of Apple in a few short months and now own a business repairing Apple computers and iPhones, and also I am now a developer for OSX and the iPhone.

There really is no point however going back and forth bickering about which OS is better. It all comes down to what you are used to using the most. Comfortability does not mean better in any way shape or form.

On a side not, I installed Windows 7 on my parents PC last night that had been running XP, well it messed up the computer and my father already called and asked me if I would teach him how to use his new Mac Pro
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

i have both windows and osx and i absolutely love my mac. i never use my windows anymore. i havent used it in 2 yrs. osx is the only os for me. i dont really care about the new windows 7. but ill still get it for my younger brother.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fitiam4me View Post
    I just downloaded Windows 7 last night. 5 hours later, i was EXTREMELY Disappointed. It is way too much like Vista. Besides a few parlor tricks, it SUCKS as much as VISTA. My next PC WILL be a Mac. Luckily i purchased at a student rate of $30, or I'd be really angry.

Any reasons why it sucks?, so far this is the best operating system ive ever used in my life, MAC included.

Maybe ur just stupid and doesnt know how to use a Computer

Thanks

Still on XP and not upgrading unless the OS is good and useful for me. Mac? I don't know, but it looks cool.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That is funny.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    The ads on tv say mac not apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post
    No offense intended but there are the "Mac" Books and the "Mac" Book Pros, the i"Mac", "Mac" World, the "Mac" Mini [I could go on] and, of course, the TV ads that clearly state "I am a 'Mac'".

Knees jerk much?
    read my post again.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    I read the first page of replies...an interesting take-

Windows users are saying LOL. We enjoy a good laugh. While the truth is completely avoided, it still makes us laugh.

Flash back to the two previous 'Apple Attack Ads'. They state nothing but the truth. And the threads were filled with 'Whoa whoa whoa wtf that's a low blow'.

So recap.

Apple Ads- unsubstantiated claims about Windows 7.
    Windows user response- Lol that was funny =]

Windows Ad about App Store- truth about rejection of apps, over-population of useless apps
    Response- WTF low blow what a-holes

Verizon Ads- "There's a Map for that" and "iDon't"
    Response- WTF low blow, at least we came first (no support for AT&T =p)

Get off your damn high horses Mac fanboys.
    I concur. I own both an iMac and an iPhone btw so no hate here. Just don't like fanboys who try to justify their purchases with bandwagon tactics and belittling other members opinions.
    Last edited by ima80baby; 10-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    This is all preference. Truth is that most users have owned a PC before ever switching to an Apple device. I personally made the leap a few years ago and never looked back. There is so much more I can do on my MBP then I could ever do on my crappy Sony Viao's..yes plural, I had to buy a new one every year.
    Maybe you should buy real VAIO's, maybe you got your Viao's where you got your NCLKA N95 too? lol...j/k

I have both PC and Mac, PC all the way and running Vista.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ride79 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (10-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down Screw apple!
    I like the ipods and that stuff but i hate how apple thinks there better because they sell all there cracks sorry macs for what like $1000 or more? I hate apple. SCREW APPLE!