Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fires Back at Windows with Three New Ads

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    I feel bad that apple needs to run all those ads to compete with microsoft.
    I think it's weak. They should be improving technology not bashing each other. Microsoft and Apple are like real people, the both make mistakes and try to fix them to make people or themselves satisfied. Overall, they are both doing a great job.

I read the first page of replies...an interesting take-

Windows users are saying LOL. We enjoy a good laugh. While the truth is completely avoided, it still makes us laugh.

Flash back to the two previous 'Apple Attack Ads'. They state nothing but the truth. And the threads were filled with 'Whoa whoa whoa wtf that's a low blow'.

So recap.

Apple Ads- unsubstantiated claims about Windows 7.
    Windows user response- Lol that was funny =]

Windows Ad about App Store- truth about rejection of apps, over-population of useless apps
    Response- WTF low blow what a-holes

Verizon Ads- "There's a Map for that" and "iDon't"
    Response- WTF low blow, at least we came first (no support for AT&T =p)

Get off your damn high horses Mac fanboys.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to agent005 For This Useful Post:

ima80baby (10-23-2009)

Love those commercials . However , I cant see why the Mac is so expensive. I mean lower your price already . Your doing the same thing as a PC with better tech support , but that doesnt mean double the price . I am sure if Apple would lower their cost on all their machines (including iphones and ipod ) their sales would double.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The ads are fairly amusing which is more than I can say for reality. I've been using Windows 7 on a desktop and a netbook for several weeks and it works great on both systems. I hate to say it but if Apple doesn't step up and put more effort into what it's selling instead of trying to tell me what I can and can't do with it, I'll be heading back to Windows full time. Same with the iPhone, for that matter. I wonder what features could have been added or fixed if Apple cared more about that than it does about keeping me from jailbreaking the phone? As a dev, the two to four week wait to get Apple's blessing for anything has gotten really tiresome, too.

Oh...per the above messages....Apple prices are higher because they don't sell crap. Seriously. I don't buy the low end Compaq, HP, Dell stuff anymore because it's trash. They can't go three months without a hardware failure of some kind or another and when it happens, where are you going to take it? If you buy a PC with hardware comparable to Apple's hardware from a place that offers in-house support and throw an OS on top of it, you'll find they're in the same ballpark. So it's not that Apple is that expensive, it's that they don't throw a bunch of second rate junk in a box and call it a computer. In addition, in the middle of a bad recession Apple can't meet demand for it's products. Why should they lower prices?
    Last edited by mgamber; 10-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    I wish this one would air. This is cool

YouTube - iDon't Care
    lol that one is funny

These ads are hilarious

pc will always win in the business and gaming market. mac just doesn't run anything.

linux ftw

Quote Originally Posted by mgamber View Post
    The ads are fairly amusing which is more than I can say for reality. I've been using Windows 7 on a desktop and a netbook for several weeks and it works great on both systems. I hate to say it but if Apple doesn't step up and put more effort into what it's selling instead of trying to tell me what I can and can't do with it, I'll be heading back to Windows full time. Same with the iPhone, for that matter. I wonder what features could have been added or fixed if Apple cared more about that than it does about keeping me from jailbreaking the phone? As a dev, the two to four week wait to get Apple's blessing for anything has gotten really tiresome, too.

Oh...per the above messages....Apple prices are higher because they don't sell crap. Seriously. I don't buy the low end Compaq, HP, Dell stuff anymore because it's trash. They can't go three months without a hardware failure of some kind or another and when it happens, where are you going to take it? If you buy a PC with hardware comparable to Apple's hardware from a place that offers in-house support and throw an OS on top of it, you'll find they're in the same ballpark. So it's not that Apple is that expensive, it's that they don't throw a bunch of second rate junk in a box and call it a computer. In addition, in the middle of a bad recession Apple can't meet demand for it's products. Why should they lower prices?
    The reason why they should lower their prices is so they wouldnt play second fiddle to PC's anymore as far as sales are concerned . Thats all ! As for being crap , it all depends on the system you get. Sure their are a lot of low end systems out there , but most of those are for the low income families that cant afford $1000 to surf the web . Or students that cant afford tuition and the cost of a Mac laptop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DisownedPenny View Post
    I love my iphone. I gotta hand it to Apple. They make great devices. But every time I use a mac, I feel like i have training wheels. I can do so much more with my pc. (although I do despise vista)
    once you get used to a mac you realize how amazing it is.

i think if every pc user used a mac for a month then had the option to go back to pc or stay mac, they would stay mac forever
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    once you get used to a mac you realize how amazing it is.

i think if every pc user used a mac for a month then had the option to go back to pc or stay mac, they would stay mac forever
    I highly doubt that my friend, and i think most of us here would agree.

Sorry MAC just isn't that good..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kissdaring For This Useful Post:

techrider62 (10-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just downloaded Windows 7 last night. 5 hours later, i was EXTREMELY Disappointed. It is way too much like Vista. Besides a few parlor tricks, it SUCKS as much as VISTA. My next PC WILL be a Mac. Luckily i purchased at a student rate of $30, or I'd be really angry.

Can i ask what was so wrong with vista (recent service pack)? I use my computer for school, gaming, web surfing, ect. and never really had any annoying problems...so whats with all this vista is the worst os ever when I get zero problems from it? Well anyways I got windows 7 anyways because its even "better". I just find windows 7 alittle quicker and nifty gadgets and tweaks which are cool.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I had Vista for 2 years and never had a problem, don't know why people complain, same goes for XP, I never had viruses either and I download soo much shite from the internet , I do have Norton though.

Btw, I have a MBP now.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveabu View Post
    pc will always win in the business and gaming market. mac just doesn't run anything.

linux ftw
    "Mac doesn't run anything" then you say: "Linux ftw"- No sense whatsoever. You do know that every common application has a mac version as well? Stop living in the pre-intel days.

On another note, there's this thing that just annoys me when people say MAC to refer to Apple computers- STOP IT!! it's not MAC. MAC= Media Access Control= a unique hardware address that is assigned to the Network Interface Cards (NIC) or the Network Adapters.
    Last edited by dale1v; 10-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    I wish this one would air. This is cool

YouTube - iDon't Care
    Yeah, iDon't get this spoof ad. It says "iDon't buy brands that bash other brands," but for some inexplicable reason it then seems to be pro-Apple. Doesn't make any sense.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

F vista...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish64 View Post
    Yeah, iDon't get this spoof ad. It says "iDon't buy brands that bash other brands," but for some inexplicable reason it then seems to be pro-Apple. Doesn't make any sense.

I would love to have the money that Apple spends on commercials "not bashing other brands".

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    ^Don't use Vista Windows7 blows it away.

I Agree! I have used both and vista sucks. From my use of Windows 7 it is a LOT better than vista. I was triple booting XP and vista and Windows 7 and ended up deleting vista and now that beta for 7 has ended i need to purchase Windows 7.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 10-23-2009 at 12:42 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

i have a mac and love every minute of it but it seems mac all they have to say is there number one is customer satisfaction. i love the first vid.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I love my PC but I do find these funny. I do love Windows 7. Even pulled me away from Linux.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast